Holiday Inn Express Sacramento Convention Center
Ranked #30 of 82 Hotels in Sacramento
Reviewed January 21, 2014

I do not recommend this location at all. The service was terrible. I checked in and the front desk staff was dressed inappropriately. She was wearing a provocative blouse that reveals her massive cleavage that was uncomfortable to my sight. She was disrespectful to the customers and was inapproachable. When I got in to my room, I noticed that the carpeted floor was damped with some sort of fluid so I did not bother taking my shoes off my entire stay at this location. In addition, I did not like the idea of making coffee in my bathroom and keeping the ice bucket in the bathroom as well. I felt that it was unsanitary of them to keep all of those things in the counter sink. On the other hand, I had a great breakfast and was able to enjoy varieties of muffins, bagels, pancakes, sausage, omelet, and the option for hot and cold beverages. Special thanks to the chef as she was the only approachable at the hotel as the rest seemed to show no passion for their work.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank snguyen2003
strat1, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Express Sacramento Convention Center, responded to this reviewResponded January 26, 2014

We thank you for the time you have contributed to compose this response, as we do value feedback in our efforts to enhance quality control. We apologize for your dissatisfaction and would like for you to contact us and speak to our Guest Service Manager to discuss more about your experience so that we may address it in the correct manner.

Reviewed December 13, 2013

Had a wonderful stay at the HI Express. Enjoyed the free WiFi, complimentary parking, free business center, and friendly and helpful staff. Also, appreciated the convenient location within walking distance to the convention center and several great restaurants.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank WisconsinsFinest
strat1, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Express Sacramento Convention Center, responded to this reviewResponded December 16, 2013

We are glad to hear that our staff was responsive to your needs and that our Hotel was convenient for your stay. Please keep us in mind if you decide on returning to our captivating city.

Reviewed November 11, 2013

Had a great experience at the Holiday Inn Express. We were pleasantly surprised to open the door of our room to find an updated room and bathroom. And our king size bed was super comfortable. Overall the hotel was clean and the entire staff was very friendly. One staff member stopped vacuuming to let me pass and say a very cheery good morning.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank IowaTraveler319
strat1, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Express Sacramento Convention Center, responded to this reviewResponded November 15, 2013

We are glad that you enjoyed your stay and greeted kindly by our staff. Thank you for the feedback, and we hope to welcome you back once again in the future.

Reviewed October 21, 2013

The Holiday Inn Express offers some great advantages compared to other downtown hotels in that it offers free parking, internet, and breakfast. With a very good deal on Priceline, this was a no-brainer choice for a weekend exploring Sacramento and I would certainly stay here again. Check-in was very fast and the people working the front desk are very nice!

The hotel is older and in a nice neighborhoody section of Sacramento. The old governor's mansion is only a block away and it was a fairly short walk to the Capitol building. Because the building is old and has wood floors and thin walls, it was loud. I could hear people walking all over the place and in the next room. I imagine if there are loud guests that it would be completely annoying!

The rooms themselves are comfortable with nice beds and pillows. Bathroom had nice lighting that wasn't too bright as most cheaper hotels seem to be. The shower needed a makeover but was perfectly fine. Toilet also required a little finagling with the handle to get it to work right. Overall, the room was perfectly fine and was clean. A fridge is included and there are plenty of plugs by the bed - thank you!

I did take advantage of the breakfast one morning and it was nice. The seating area was very clean and modern and the staff was attentive. They had the typical breakfast fare but it was good and appeared fresh. I made myself some delicious sausage and cheese sandwiches on a toasted bagel.

Overall, a nice hotel that isn't in the heart of downtown but close enough where you can walk or drive just about anywhere. A nice little getaway to the capital of the greatest state in the union!

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank everyshadeofblue
strat1, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Sacramento Convention Center, responded to this reviewResponded October 25, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to write about your experience at our hotel, we are pleased you found it a positive experience & will be returning. We hope to see you back soon.

Reviewed October 19, 2013

I stayed there a few nights and found the stay pleasant.
The rooms were what you'd expect for a Holiday Inn, comfortable and nice. The beds were very soft (which for my standard I don't like a lot, but if you like your beds very soft it'll be ideal for you).

The exercise room didn't have any free weights which I like to have.

The breakfast was good and offered eggs, bacon, fruit on top of usual continental breakfast items.

Nothing to brag about, but definitely nice enough to satisfy you.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Adam P

Thank you for your review. We look forward to your return.

Reviewed September 28, 2013

I was driving from Yosemite to San Francisco and needed somewhere to stay for the night. Very hard to find a hotel in Sacramento at night without GPS as the roads are in a one way system!! I turned up without a booking and reception staff were fantastic. Room was massive, clean and bed was very high up! ...breakfast was very good. Only problem was the room next door had a small dog and the little bugger started yapping at 6am and hadn't stopped by time I checked out at 11am.

Room Tip: Pre-book room and use GPS!! roads are a nightmare to work out if you're not from Sacramento
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled solo
strat1, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Sacramento Convention Center, responded to this reviewResponded October 4, 2013

Glad you enjoyed our hotel and I do apologize for the room next door not controlling their dog. We hope to see you back here soon. Thank you,

Reviewed August 29, 2013

I got this hotel for a pretty good deal off priceline for a Wednesday night. Yay to free parking. At first, i thought this hotel was going to be pretty average. The hallways seemed to be a little outdated. Opened my door and was surprised to see how modern and clean it looks. The room we got was a little small. The bathroom was also a decent size. I loved the bathroom mirrors, it was so bright and clear. We got their king size bed, it was so big and comfy. We did get to try their breakfast which is from 6:30AM-9:30AM. It was okay, with a nice dining area. I definately would stay here again. The only problem we did occur was the air conditioner, it was a mix of hot and cold air, which made it kind of hard to sleep throughout the night. Also, i used the vending machine on the 4th floor, and it does not give back change!

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
strat1, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Sacramento Convention Center, responded to this reviewResponded August 30, 2013

Thank you for the review and glad you enjoyed your stay. I will look in-to the A/C and vending machine issue. Come back soon.