Holiday Inn Express Sacramento Convention Center
$161
Orbitz.com
  • Restaurant
  • Room Service
All reviewshi expressgovernor's mansionfront deskmusic circuscinnamon rollsyogurtwithin walking distancedowntown locationthe breakfast arearoom was comfortable and cleanfree breakfastwould stay here againhousekeeping staffmini fridgeamtrak stationsacramento areanoel
Reviewed March 11, 2013

A nice place to stay. Rooms were clean and quiet. Plenty of parking and it is an easy walk to the convention center. The breakfast was good. The hotel offered a variety of food for breakfast. Would stay again.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled with family
strat1, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Sacramento Convention Center, responded to this reviewResponded March 19, 2013

Thank you for the nice review, we really appreciate it.

Reviewed February 18, 2013 via mobile

For those who have read my other entries i have gone through a divorce. these entries will be from a single mans eyes. I recently went to Sacramento to have some fun over the weekend with some friends. I was able to book a room for under $100 that same day. After arriving the gentle man at the counter was very helpful. He was able to answer all my questions and even able to get me a cab ride with minutes after asking. The room was perfect, it was updated and had everything I needed for that night. The location is awesome for those who are looking for a night out. It is only a few blocks away from there down town night life. Cab was 8 dollars with tip. The cafeteria was the first place I met with friends. Very nice restaurant and literally in the same structure was a club called park. This place was crawling with women. When walked to other dive bars and ended up at a lounge called The Mix. This place was very nice but over crowded with guys. They should do ratio control at the door. The lounge is well known and a place to return in the summer. Back to the hotel. The hotel offers free breakfast until 10 am and it was ok. Great for being free but I can not complain. They had a buffet of pancakes, bagels, eggs, etc. I definitely would return here. Thumbs up holiday inn express. Off to San Francisco!

• Stayed: February 2013
strat1, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Sacramento Convention Center, responded to this reviewResponded February 22, 2013

Thank you for the great review and glad you had fun on your trip.

Reviewed February 17, 2013

My first time at this hotel, I have been at this version of Holiday Inn accomodations, most of them very good. This particular location has been improved not only by being a newly remodel or built, but the best improvement comes by the employees. All of them are very professional and accomodating, or try to do better for the guest. This single factor for anyone who travels often is well appreciated. Very close to restaurants, coffee shops, convention center, historic landmarks, entreteinment, etc. Sure enough, try to repeat my trip and they are booked for my new dates. I will stay there again, and again if they keep this level of service. Congratulations to all personnel.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business

Great review, thank you for taking the time to share.

Reviewed February 9, 2013

I stayed at this hotel overnight while on my way to Lake Tahoe. I bid on this hotel through Priceline and got a very good deal ($52). My expectation was pretty low because of the price but was pleasantly surprised. Everything was pretty decent. The front entrance looked a little run-down but once you got passed the elevators things started to look a lot better. The room was very clean and the bed was very comfortable. The bathroom looked like it could use some updating and the tub was a little discolored but nothing that the average person would find intolerable. The free breakfast buffet was very nice. The pancake maker was the best part! Oh, and the breakfast attendant was very friendly and helpful All in all, it definitely served its purpose plus a little extra. I would recommend this hotel to someone looking for a nice place to stay in Sacramento on a limited budget. Happy Travels!

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled with friends

Thank you for the review and glad you enjoyed the room and breakfast.

Reviewed February 6, 2013

I stay at Holiday Inn frequently as I travel for business often. Holiday Inn has become my favorite chain as I can always count on their staff to be courteous and professional, and the facility clean and up to date.
Unfortunately this Holiday Inn Express is none of those things. I left this hotel disappointed with the cleanliness and disrepair only to find my truck had been broken in to!
I reported this to staff, and received no response! Not a call back from staff, the general manager or anybody!
I hope Holiday Inn sees the light soon and removes their good name from this horribly mismanaged independently owned motel.

• Stayed: January 2013
1  Thank Mjhorner
strat1, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Sacramento Convention Center, responded to this reviewResponded February 8, 2013

We are truly sorry that your truck was broken in-to while staying at our hotel, this isn’t the normal for this property. Unfortunately there are bad people out there that target parking lots in general looking for opportunity, this is something that we have no control over. I know that my guest service manager did contact you to take the report of incident and did apologize several times for this happening.