Holiday Inn Express Sacramento Convention Center
If you like this hotel, you might also be interested in
$159
$198
$186
$89
Travelocity
All reviewshi expressgovernor's mansionfront deskmusic circuscinnamon rollsyogurtwithin walking distancedowntown locationthe breakfast arearoom was comfortable and cleanfree breakfastwould stay here againhousekeeping staffmini fridgeamtrak stationsacramento areanoel
FilterAll languages
Reviewed February 17, 2013

My first time at this hotel, I have been at this version of Holiday Inn accomodations, most of them very good. This particular location has been improved not only by being a newly remodel or built, but the best improvement comes by the employees. All of them are very professional and accomodating, or try to do better for the guest. This single factor for anyone who travels often is well appreciated. Very close to restaurants, coffee shops, convention center, historic landmarks, entreteinment, etc. Sure enough, try to repeat my trip and they are booked for my new dates. I will stay there again, and again if they keep this level of service. Congratulations to all personnel.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business
strat1, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Sacramento Convention Center, responded to this reviewResponded February 22, 2013

Great review, thank you for taking the time to share.

Reviewed February 9, 2013

I stayed at this hotel overnight while on my way to Lake Tahoe. I bid on this hotel through Priceline and got a very good deal ($52). My expectation was pretty low because of the price but was pleasantly surprised. Everything was pretty decent. The front entrance looked a little run-down but once you got passed the elevators things started to look a lot better. The room was very clean and the bed was very comfortable. The bathroom looked like it could use some updating and the tub was a little discolored but nothing that the average person would find intolerable. The free breakfast buffet was very nice. The pancake maker was the best part! Oh, and the breakfast attendant was very friendly and helpful All in all, it definitely served its purpose plus a little extra. I would recommend this hotel to someone looking for a nice place to stay in Sacramento on a limited budget. Happy Travels!

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled with friends

Thank you for the review and glad you enjoyed the room and breakfast.

Reviewed February 6, 2013

I stay at Holiday Inn frequently as I travel for business often. Holiday Inn has become my favorite chain as I can always count on their staff to be courteous and professional, and the facility clean and up to date.
Unfortunately this Holiday Inn Express is none of those things. I left this hotel disappointed with the cleanliness and disrepair only to find my truck had been broken in to!
I reported this to staff, and received no response! Not a call back from staff, the general manager or anybody!
I hope Holiday Inn sees the light soon and removes their good name from this horribly mismanaged independently owned motel.

• Stayed: January 2013
1  Thank Mjhorner
strat1, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Sacramento Convention Center, responded to this reviewResponded February 8, 2013

We are truly sorry that your truck was broken in-to while staying at our hotel, this isn’t the normal for this property. Unfortunately there are bad people out there that target parking lots in general looking for opportunity, this is something that we have no control over. I know that my guest service manager did contact you to take the report of incident and did apologize several times for this happening.

Reviewed January 5, 2013

Not the standard I've seen with Holiday Inn Express. This hotel feels old. The front desk staff was friendly and helpful. The rooms need a make over. The fan on the HVAC is so loud, they had to move our room. The second room wasn't much better. We had to suffer the sound or be cold. The carpet looks like it belongs in a circus and it's not spotlessly clean. The neighborhood is terrible, many derelict people a block away asking for handouts. The positives are free wi-fi, free parking and a hot breakfast, but it's not worth it to stay here again.

Room Tip: Don't stay here. Get a room someplace else.
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
strat1, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Sacramento Convention Center, responded to this reviewResponded January 9, 2013

Thank you for your review, all feedback is helpful.

Reviewed December 29, 2012

We had wonderful service/room/breakfast at this hotel.

My husband loved the full hot breakfast. I'm not a breakfast person and would have loved an apple and maybe some peanut butter to eat on some toast.

The breakfast lady was just a peach, and at the end of our stay my husband gave her a very nice tip, and I wish all guests would do that.

The only negative was that it has only one elevator which is old and a bit creaky and slow. They need to add a more modern second one,

Loved this place!

Room Tip: We enjoyed our stay and hope you all will too.
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple

We are very happy that you loved our hotel as many do. We hope to see you again next Christmas. Thank you.