“Great spot for kids and their imaginations”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of Fairytale Town

Fairytale Town
Ranked #1 of 26 Fun & Games in Sacramento
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 1-2 hours
Owner description: A nonprofit park dedicated to promoting the imagination, creativity and education of children, Fairytale Town is home to three-dimensional play sets based on favorite fairytales and nursery rhymes, a family of rare and miniature breed animals, interactive learning gardens and two performing arts stages. Fairytale Town's hours change throughout the year: March - October Open Daily: 9 AM - 4 PM (weather permitting) Guests who are in the park by 4 PM may stay and play until 5 PM November - February Open Thursday - Sunday: 10 AM - 4 PM (weather permitting) Guests who are in the park by 4 PM may stay and play until 5 PM Fairytale Town is open weather permitting.
Useful Information: Activities for young children
13 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 19 helpful votes
“Great spot for kids and their imaginations”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 4, 2013

Our family (kids ages 5, 3, and 3-months) visited Fairytale Town during our 4-day getaway to Sacramento. We'd planned to go to Fairytale Town right after going to the Zoo because it's right across the street and the two together (you could also add in Funderland) would make a really great day. But there was a serious heatwave going through town so we opted to break it into 2 days and go to the Zoo first thing one morning ahead of the heat and then Fairytale Town the second day ahead of the heat.

Our kids loved it. So many places we tend to take our kids when we're traveling are places where we constantly have to say "no." For example, the Railroad Museum is great, but I'm constantly telling my kids no. No, you can't climb.... No you can't touch that..... I didn't have to say no once at Fairytale Town. The kids just play and let their imaginations run.

We also had the Zoo Keys, which allow the kids to actually listen to the stories and songs. I'd say adding this is a real plus and totally worth it.

I can totally see this being a locals place for parents to gather and let their kids play. Get the annual pass! We drive through Sacramento frequently on long road trips between Tahoe where we live and Santa Barbara where my in-laws live. We're planning to make Fairytale Town a regular stop to let the kids play on on roadtrips since it is just a few miles off the freeway.

The food was also really reasonably priced.

Loved it. Very cool place.

Visited July 2013
1 Thank ClarkVand

common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Fun for kids”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 23, 2013 via mobile

This is definitely something fun for the kids to do. I would say age 4 and older. There is not much for the really young kids to do here but it's fantastic for kids over 4 and under 11

Visited June 2013
1 Thank Ben R
Grass Valley, California
63 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 66 helpful votes
“Always fabulous fairytale fun”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 20, 2013

I have been visiting Fairytale Town since I was in grade school, and now I take my own children. The crooked mile is still my favorite :) and my boys love it too. Love the petting pins, story time on the lawn, just being here makes me feel like a kid again. A must stop combo with your visit to the Sacramento Zoo

Visited July 2012
Elk Grove
53 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 73 helpful votes
“Fun for the little ones”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 11, 2013

My husband and I took our 16 month old and she had fun. We went right when they opened on a Friday and I HIGHLY recommend getting there first thing in the morning if you have kids under age 2. It was nice because our little girl could run around and play on everything without very many bigger kids around. She still needs help climbing up stairs and going down slides, so we could take our time since there was nobody there. After about the first hour school groups and older children got there, so we left. An hour was all we needed.

Visited April 2013
Granite Bay, California
9 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 28 helpful votes
“Great fun for young kids.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 7, 2013

Small and cute. The children had a wonderful time and it wasn't overly crowded. Lot's of opportunity to sit in the shade and enjoy the day.