Hampton Inn & Suites Sacramento-Cal Expo
  • Restaurant
  • Room Service
$89
Travelocity
All reviewscal exporoom was cleansacramento areainternet connectionhot breakfastfree breakfastlate checkwould definitely stay here againeasy accesswafflesa great stayclose to downtownbusiness centerfront desk staffbusiness tripparking lotfreeway
FilterAll languages
Reviewed May 9, 2013

I was in Sacramento for two days on business. I thought I would check out this hotel based on the reviews.

The hotel is right off of the freeway. I find this a plus as it is easy to get in and out. The hotel is clean and up to date. Rooms are comfortable and clean. There is a happy hour at the hotel where you can get basic appetizers and free beer. Breakfast is not bad. Most importantly, it is fresh.

The major downside is that the WiFi is rotten. The hotel simply does not have enough bandwidth to go around when there is a full house at the hotel. The owners are likely cheap and are not willing to spend the extra money needed for guests to have proper internet connection. Considering that a majority of business travelers rely on the internet is some way, shape, or form, this is a true negative for the hotel.

Reviewed May 8, 2013

I have mixed reviews of this hotel. We had booked it for an overnight stay with 50 high school kids who were going to visit colleges the following day in the area. On our arrival I was blown away at how shabby the hotel looked. The room numbers were printed and taped to the doors (as a teacher mentioned...someone could have had a lot of fun with that one!) and the hallways had a strong chemical smell, no baseboards and white powder all along the corridor. We realized that they were under renovation, but it would have been nice for the heads up. Once we found the elevator to go upstairs the door opened to what seemed like a white wall. A little unnerving to me. We pushed on it and it opened. For whatever reason there was a door that could close over the elevator door, which was kind of strange. Once in the rooms they were beautiful and clean. The only thing I noticed that they lacked were pens and paper in the drawers. The other weird touch they had added was a post it note stuck to each headboard that read, "Duvet covers and sheets are clean for your arrival" Seriously? We shouldn't expect that? My room mate suggested it was maybe to assure us that even though the hallways were dusty and dirty, the beds were clean. Overall I thought it was funny. Other than that, the kids had a blast at the pool, a few used the fitness room and the next morning the staff set up the hotel's meeting room for us to eat our free breakfast. I think it will be really nice once the remodel is done. The only reason I didn't give it an excellent rating for value and cleanliness is because it shouldn't have been so expensive during the remodel and the hallways were really shabby looking/smelling. It would have been nice if the booking agent would have given me a heads up. I don't care for surprises.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed April 29, 2013

We have stayed at many Hampton Inn ansd Suites and they have yet to disapoint. They are also friendly, provide a great product. The breakfast and evening meals are always appreciated because you can come in relax and not have to worry about deciding where to go to eat after a long day.

Reviewed April 25, 2013

Very reasonable, quality rooms at a competitive rate! I've stayed here multiple times for business and never had a problem. The rooms are very nice suites with seperate sitting area. The beds are extremely comfy! Location is also ideal as it is close to freeway entrance/exits.

Reviewed April 25, 2013

this was the hampton inn right off of the freeway. great low cost hotel with a wonderful staff. the property was secure and clean. having the complimentary breakfast with 2 kids is great addition. be advised that their lobby is still under remodel so breakfast time can get a little crowded. other than that, good bargain, good hotel and good experience.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family