“A great bed”

Ranked #14 of 81 Hotels in Sacramento
Eugene, Oregon, United States
“A great bed”
Reviewed February 12, 2013

The beds in Hampton Inns are the best in the industry. Everyone can give you a clean room, but many otherwise nice hotels/inns have worn out mattresses with valleys big enough to get lost in. I also appreciate the fresh cut fruit. That is definitely a cut above.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Ellen H, Director of Sales at Hampton Inn & Suites Sacramento-Cal Expo, responded to this review, February 14, 2013
Thank You for recognizing one of our many signature trade marks, all part of the many generous extras that Hampton provides~" Our CLEAN & FRESH" Hampton beds. Hampton understands what you need to rest well be productive while traveling. We are thank ful you noticed & made time to share.

Our seasonal fresh fruit is prepared daily & remains popular year round. Next time, please give our freshly made oatmeal with a variety of toppings like dried fruit,nuts & a personal favorite brown sugar a try.

Our Staff Members work very hard to provide you with the quality and freshness that you noticed. That is all part of our 100% Hampton Guarantee! Hope to see you back soon so we can continue to provide what makes your stay memorable. Thank You so very much!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (30)
Lafayette, Indiana
Reviewed February 5, 2013

Yes, this hotel was undergoing renovations, but only in the lobby. The hotel room was nice, clean and spacious. Nicely equipped with a mini fridge and microwave. The hotel staff were pleasant and courteous. The complimentary hot breakfast in the morning was very filling and convenient. There were also complimentary cookies in the afternoon. There is nothing close to walk to, but I would recommend this hotel and would stay here again.

Room Tip: Ask for a room away from the interstate noise.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Austin, Texas
Reviewed February 3, 2013

The hotel lobby was undergoing renovations and furniture in the room was in need of repair/update. There were workmen there during the day and the walls were stripped of wallpaper - making for an unappealing look. Wouldn't stay there again unless the entire hotel gets updated.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Ellen H, Director of Sales at Hampton Inn & Suites Sacramento-Cal Expo, responded to this review, February 5, 2013
Thank You for your honest feedback regarding your personal experience at the Inn. We refer to our current project as our "Remix Lobby Renovations." We agree that construction and workmen are apparent at the Inn. We try to keep noise levels and dust to a minimum during the project. We hope to have an opportunity to show you that our product offers a consitent experience you expect ~ designed to delight all backed by our 100% Hampton Guarantee!

In reference to your concerns regarding repair and updates in furnishings, We would love to know where we fell short of expectation so we can improve it. Our furnishings are branded Thomasville and are not factory made but rather hand picked by our Design, Purchsing Agent, Ownership & Mangement Team to be considered a cut above most. Our new modern lobby furniture will be showcased as the final phase of the project. Please know, We do try to alert our prospective guests on our web page with notifications of minor construction so you won't be surprised and hope that this assists with information?

During your next visit, please stop by and say hello, grab a complimentary cup of coffee and have a cookie on the house.. Give us a second chance to show you how proud we are of our staff and property and share the positive improvements to come! Thank You so very much for your valuable input and please enjoy your day.
Yucaipa, California
Reviewed January 30, 2013

I traveled to Sacramento on business in January with one of my associates. We had a great stay at the Hampton Inn. Both rooms were great. While the facility was going through some renovations, the staff went out of the way to make sure that we were well taken care of. The service is what makes this stay so good. Thanks goes out to all the staff.....

Los Alamitos, California
Reviewed January 19, 2013

I called a month in advance and paid for a suite, since my two adult children were with me- we needed three beds. When I arrived the young , rude hotel clerk told me that my reserved room had been given away. She put us in a room which had two queen beds. For three adults. I had been refused by Hilton Honors to use my points for the stay, saying that the points could not be used for a suite. And I was not given the suite I reserved

Later that evening I went to the lobby to get tea , and heard that same employee complaining to the security guard that another customer was complaining to her when she told him that she had given away his room. She was upset that the customer was complaining to her!

There was a group who had rented many of the rooms in the hotel. They consisted of a group of boys and girls, and a few adults. The children were running up and down the hallways all evening- until about 11:00. Then they started again about 4:00 am. They were apparently jumping repeatedly from the before to the floor in the room over mine for hours in the early morning- it was the sound of someone jumping repeatedly and NOT someone walking.

In the morning the adults finally managed to gathered the children- boys to one room and girls in another- about 10:00. They were running up and down the hallways the second night, too, repeating the same noisy behavior.
That was Christmas day.

The next day I called Hilton Honors to ask if they would use my points to pay for the stay, since the hotel did not give me the room I had reserved. I also told them about the rude hotel clerk and the noisy group. I was assured that I would not be charged for the stay. And that the issue would be resolved and someone would call me.

It took them three weeks to resolve the issue to my satisfaction. And nobody from the hotel ever called to apologize

• Stayed December 2012
Ellen H, Director of Sales at Hampton Inn & Suites Sacramento-Cal Expo, responded to this review, January 31, 2013
Thank you for sharing your review of your recent experience at our hotel. We sincerely apologize this stay was not what you have come to expect from us. Though, due to guests extending their stay with us, we cannot always provide the requested rooms but always aim to handle these situations in the kindest way possible. We are very sorry you did not receive this typical level of service. Our goal is to provide every guest with a comfortable stay from check-in to check-out and we're very sorry yours was compromised due to noise and room availability. Please reach out if there is anything further we can do to assist you. Thank you so very much.

Ellen Ann Holmes
Hampton Inn and Suites Cal Expo Sacramento
ellen.holmes@hilton.com
(916) 927-2222
Santa Monica, California
Reviewed January 13, 2013

I had a business appointment in Sacramento on a Monday and decided to drive down from LA on Saturday to get some rest before my meeting. I chose Hampton Inn because I've stayed at Hampton Inns in Texas,Burbank, Las Vegas and I really like Hampton Inns.

I read the reviews before I booked my room and asked for a room on the quiet side. Even with the heater on I slept like a rock. The King Single was spacious. I only sat in the desk chair while there. It was comfortable enough. The Wifi worked every time, no problems. Breakfast was good both mornings, and I arranged for a late check-out so I could change my clothes after my meeting before driving back to LA, again without a problem.

The hotel is just off of Business Hwy 80, which was convenient for me to get to my meeting downtown. It took maybe 10-15 minutes to get downtown, and another few to find adequate parking.

I enjoyed my stay there and will most likely stay there next time I go to Sacramento.

Room Tip: My room was very quiet. Ask to stay on the side of the hotel away from highway Business 80 if you n...
Garden Grove, California, United States
Reviewed November 25, 2012

We stayed for four nights over Thanksgiving Break. Eventhough they started renovations the day after we checked it, we never heard the workers from our room. And we were just down the hall on the first floor. We also did not hear the freeway that was next to the hotel. We had a very quiet night's sleep. Our room was a great temperature. The beds were VERY comfortable. The towels were thick and soft. The room was clean. The staff was very accomodating and pleasant. The breakfast was great. We had a different egg and protein dish every day. I highly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family