“The area is questionably sketchy, but the hotel provides a security-conscious building along with a pleasant accommodating staff”

Comfort Inn & Suites Sacramento University Area
Ranked #28 of 81 Hotels in Sacramento
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed August 14, 2012

This hotel was higher $ than the one right next door, but worth every penny for peace of mind. Greeted and accommodated very nicely, and spoken to in understandable Engish! Everything clean throughout hotel. Rooms are comfortable and clean. Decent security even in stairwells and well lit with a visual on your vehicle. I'd definitely stay there again.

• Stayed: July 2012
RAJCA644, General Manager at Comfort Inn & Suites Sacramento University Area, responded to this reviewResponded July 23, 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your feedback. I am pleased that your stay with us was a satisfactory one. As you mentioned, safety and security of our guest is of very high importance to us. Hence we have taken all reasonable steps to ensure that you feel safe and comfortable while getting a good night's sleep. Please visit us soon to experience our newly renovated facility and High-def televisions.

There are newer reviews for Comfort Inn & Suites Sacramento University Area

Reviewed August 14, 2012

We started our family road trip from Washington to California and after 12 hours of driving, this was our first stop. We used the GPS and had no problem getting there....very easy, parked right up front.. The room ($80) was clean and very nice with all of the toiletries. We all enjoyed the indoor pool and slept very well on the beds. The breakfast was the best here on our whole road trip (sausage patties, eggs, waffles, fruit, yogurt, assorted breads/cereals, coffee/juice)....all very good and plenty of seating. We would definately stay here again.

1  Thank MomInWA98391

Dear Guest,

I am pleased that we were able to make you feel comfortable during your visit to Sacramento. Your feedback is greatly appreciated and we look forward to serving you again soon.

Reviewed July 16, 2012

My mom and I recently went to Sacramento to visit my sister and family. We stayed 8 days at the Comfort Inn. When we first arrived they could not find their one and only cart so a helper carried all of our stuff to our room, which was nice, but flustering. Our keys were locked out twice which frustrated us since we parked in back and could not get in so we walked almost entirely around the entire hotel to get in the front. Speaking of the parking lot, it was very small and was very hard to get into the small parking spaces. On the good side, the breakfast they provided was good and it was pretty quiet at night so we did not have trouble sleeping. Although, the mattress hurt my back so I needed to prop myself up so I could sleep. The staff was friendly and the room was clean. We kept the air conditioner on 60 degrees because any warmer and it got to hot to sleep.

7  Thank CamlynW
RAJCA644, General Manager at Comfort Inn & Suites Sacramento University Area, responded to this reviewResponded August 1, 2012

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your review. I am sorry you had difficulties with your keys and the luggage cart not being readily availble. We have two luggage carts and they were both being used by the guest when you arrived. I am pleased that you found the staff to be helpful & courteous and the room comfortable. I look forward to provide you with an more comfortable & enjoyable stay on your next visit.

Reviewed July 16, 2012

What threw me off are all these 5 star ratings one sees posted up for this place in the last few months. Read that you have to discard extremely positive and glowing reviews, along with the extremely negative ones. Looked at both and was ready to have a decent stay at this particular Comfort Inn. Was not prepared for just how run-down the property was and it appeared nothing has been upgraded in years. Asked for non-smoking and was given a room on the third floor which is 1/2 smoking. I could barely breath getting to my room. Inside the room itself was decor from ancient times and everything was very threadbare. Didn't feel 'comfotable' in the least. Getting in and out of the parking lot is a suicide mission as Howe Avenue is very busy and dangerous. You won't find me here ever again.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled on business
13  Thank Janice H

Dear Guest,

I am truly sorry for your disappointment. Our hotel only has 7 smoking rooms and they are all on the third floor in one corner. I am sorry that you had to stay on the same floor. Our hotel just reached its 10 year anniversary. We have full renovation plans in place including new televisions, furniture, paint, and much much more. We are committed to a total guest satisfaction and I hope you will give us another chance to better serve you in the future. Thank you.

Reviewed July 11, 2012

This hotel was everything we expected from a Comfort Inn. The room was clean with lots of amenities, and the staff members were helpful and accommodating. We would happily stay here again, and we recommend it.

Management response:Responded July 13, 2012

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your kind words of praise. I am pleased that your stay with us was satisfactory and our staff service was upto your expectations. We look forward to serving you again on your next trip to Sacramento.

Reviewed July 3, 2012

Something I'm not soon likely to forgive my boss for. Anyway, arrived here and as soon as I walked in, saw that this was what I would call a "vergy hotel'. Yet another old property built in the 1980's and never been remodeled. After reading some of the reviews below I assumed it would all be great. Wrong. Dilapidated is the word that comes to mind. Not cheap either. Guess if you want to visit the capital You have to pay!

Worse than any Motel ^ I've ever stayed at is the bottom line.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled on business
11  Thank GermanFarmBoy B

Dear Guest,

Thank you for being a frequest guest of Choice hotels. I am sorry we couldn't provide you with excellent service. We are soon starting renovations & I look forward to seeing you post completion.

Reviewed June 18, 2012

I was on a business trip and this hotel was very convenient to my business destination. I have generally had good experiences with Comfort Inns and this was no exception. The room was very clean and was on the first floor so it was very convenient. I checked in at noon,and the lady at the desk found me a room for immediate check-in.I asked her for a suggestion for a restaurant and, after discussing our preferences, she suggested Old Sacramento and identified restaurants where we could sit looking out at the river. She then gave us excellent, detailed instructions oh how to get there. The hot breakfast, which included make-your-own waffles, biscuits and gravy and sausage, was excellent. It turned out that I needed a late check-out and they gave me that with no hesitation. The only negative is that the hotel is on a busy divided street, so it can be difficult to get into if you are on the wrong side of the street.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank Jack M

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback regarding your stay. I am pleased that we were able to check you in early and provide you with restaurant recommendations. I am glad that you enjoyed our hot complimentary breakfast & make your own waffles. We look forward to your next visit soon.