“Try the crispy squid appetizer”
Review of Chada Thai

Chada Thai
Ranked #753 of 2,057 Restaurants in Sacramento
Cuisines: Thai
Reviewed June 8, 2013

I'm southeast asian and am always on the lookout for familiar foods in the states. Chada Thai had good reviews on google so we headed there, and it sure was a good choice. The crispy squid appetizer was amazing - the batter was fried thin and crispy, and the squid was probably the softest I've ever tasted; it's texture is exactly like fish cake. I order pad thai in every thai restaurant I go to - probably more than 20 in the states in my 2 months of travel, and this was easily one of the top 3. We also had a spicy beef fried rice, which was great too - lots of fresh spices, spiciness was just right.

Reviewed March 8, 2013

We arrived in Sacramento tired and hungry. We didn't notice any food establishments in the area of downtown LaQuinta, so we went on line to look for something close. Chada Thai isn't exactly close, but it had good reviews. Using our GPS we were able to drive there easily enough. I had a special off the board--Thai Squash Curry Chicken. It is the best thing I have ever eaten in a Thai restaurant. It was prepared with Panang curry paste, fresh squash, green beans, red bell pepper, carrots, basil, kaffir leaves and chicken. It is served in a large bowl like a stew, and the broth is unbelievable. We can't even remember what my husband had, because after he tasted mine his eyes practically rolled back in his head. We left for southern California the next day, but we told them we'd be back. We were. A couple of weeks later we stayed in Sacramento again, and ate there twice more. I'm sure everything is good, but this dish has just the right amount of spice for me and it's satisfying and healthy. The restaurant is clean, has great service, serves wines, and clean bathrooms. Not expensive either. Try it!

Reviewed January 9, 2013

It was mid week and the restaurant was almost empty. Service was attentive and the food was excellent. The spring rolls were great and the Pad Thai as good as I had anywhere. Actually all of the dishes were fresh and came hot. No atmosphere but they more than make up for that by offering wonderful food.

Reviewed December 31, 2012

In Sacramento, great Thai food restaurants are everywhere. There are no fewer than three just on a one mile stretch of Broadway alone. Everyone has their favorite, and this one's mine. I thought it was the least known of the three, but when I compared notes with members of my rowing clsss this summer, I found that I was not alone in my preference - surprising, since there is a better known Thai place right next door. But I just like the food better at Chada Thai, and also the service. The next door place is a little more intimate, but I go to Chada nine out of ten times when I'm down there.

Reviewed June 29, 2012

Outstanding food, reasonable prices, great service- this place is fantastic! It doesn't look like much on the outside, but don't let that fool you; it's a GEM!