“A cultural YUM experience”

Tequila Museo Mayahuel
Ranked #32 of 2,023 Restaurants in Sacramento
Cuisines: Mexican
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: 12th
Transit: Mayahuel across from Light Rail stop!
Reviewed November 23, 2013

So this is a place for a tasty meal, a cultural experience, and you need to act interested in the Tequila, how it is made, where it comes from, etc, because then you will get special attention and an education. but the cultural experience isn't just about the Tequila. it is about the food, the regions, the flavors of Mexico. And it is first class fresh food. I've been here for lunch, dinners, and I've not been disappointed. This restaurant is one of those reasons I'm so happy with Sacramento. This restaurant is special, unique, and I love to share it with out of town visitors.

1  Thank Sac_Reviewer
There are newer reviews for Tequila Museo Mayahuel

Reviewed November 1, 2013

The one and probably only time I went into or try this restaurant, was quite pricey! I ask about Child Menu, he said they not have! Something called "Small Plates," he said will be similar size to what I get on child menu elsewhere, so I decided try eat here! Only I not see any low tables available, I have leg injury so cannot climb those stools!

Had to take it to go! Small plate? The price, think was three tacos, was nine something before the tax! Nine for small plate, supposed be similar size to child menu? I never coming here again! No low tables as mentioned, take to go, just had eat outside near Convention Center where there are benches!

2  Thank Karyn C
Reviewed October 5, 2013

We were strolling down K Street and saw this restaurant and thought, why not? What a pleasant surprise. The food was delicious, the service was superior, and the decor interesting, yet relaxing. Our waiter, Fernando, was attentive without being intrusive. We weren't sure if we would like the tea, so he let us sample some first. This is first rate service. The food came promptly, but we did not feel rushed. We do not drink tequila, but the selection seemed to be extensive. There is a nice portrait of Jose Cuervo on the wall and the manager showed us the banquet room with an interesting mural on the wall. All together an outstanding dining experience!

1  Thank Mary A
Reviewed August 21, 2013 via mobile

Visited this restaurant during happy hour. Great margaritas at a great price. The service was excellent but it was not crowded. Food was very good.

1  Thank Rose R
Reviewed August 13, 2013 via mobile

This was my second year during July to visit here and this year visit I did! At least 3 times in 3 days while my husband was at a conference (someone's gotta work). Very close to the capital and conference center. This place is awesome! I would recommend coming here during the day if you can and sitting at the bar to watch Charlie (bartender) do his magic. The drinks are some of the best you will ever have, he hand squeezes gallons of fresh lime juice I every day. No sickening-sweet syrups here! I'm an ex-bartender so I'm very picky about good quality cocktails and I have to say that these guys rock! They have taught ME a thing or two. If you have the time and ability, try their margarita, the Fresca, and their watermelon tequila drink. All amazing! Oh yeah the food. I had a few various tacos, taquitos and salads and enjoyed them all. They have wonderful salsas to try too. All in all I would give this place (and the fun yet professional staff) a 10! Thanks, I hope my husband has another conference next year!

2  Thank travelershopper