“My new favorite Sacramento hotel”

Embassy Suites by Hilton Sacramento - Riverfront Promenade
Ranked #5 of 82 Hotels in Sacramento
Reviewed April 8, 2013

The location of this hotel is excellent. It is right on the edge of Old Sacramento, the cutesy touristy part of town, and really the only interesting part of town. Also right on the river and the river trail, while also just blocks from the Capitol building.

Te hotel itself is a very nice atrium style with a great central lobby area and nice suite style room. Folks there were all friendly.

Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank adriantm
OnLineManagementTeam, DRM at Embassy Suites by Hilton Sacramento - Riverfront Promenade, responded to this reviewResponded April 15, 2013

Thank you adriantm for that great 5 star review! We love our amazing location and proximity to Old Town, Downtown and the Capitol and we are so glad that this helped make your visit to Sacramento enjoyable. We are looking forward to welcoming you back on your next stay in Sacramento.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,368)

Reviewed April 8, 2013

The only negative is that, when I called to confirm my reservation, I was on hold for 25 minutes before hanging up and calling again and asking the operator who answered if they could help me. They said they only could if I had my confirmation number. When I said I didn't have it but asked if they could use my last name, he said no, he couldn't help me. When I asked to speak with the manager, he said he WAS the manager and then asked for my last name and was able to help me. I was furious that he didn't just help me from the get-go, and insisted on an upgraded room, which we got (river view which was nice to have).

Other than that, I love Embassy Suites, now that I have a kid. Very family friendly with the large 2-room suites with door to close one off from the other, the indoor pool and spa, and the free hot breakfast made up for the enormous $28/night parking fee. There is a parking structure across the street, by the way, that may be much cheaper.

Free cocktails from 5:30-7:30p is another plus!

Great location! We'll be back.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family

Thank you fabriane for your feedback! Embassy Suites Sacramento strives to be a family friendly hotel and our two room suites are ideal for the family traveling to the Sacramento Area. We are disappointed with your description of how your reservation confirmation was handled and that we fell short of our culture of warm hospitality. We look forward to making it up to you and your family on your next trip back to Sacramento.

A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed April 8, 2013

The hotel is in a wonderful location ... moments from Old Sacramento ... and the Bell/Valet staff are excellent. However, the front-end service staff were less than accommodating, and because it was Easter, the complimentary was simply "stuck" in a too-small conference room that was too small and poorly manned. The ambiance of the stay was totally lost, and that is why I personally pay more to stay at Embassy Suites.

Review collected in partnership with Embassy Suites Hotels

Thank you for sharing your experience with us. We are so glad that you enjoyed our fantastic location, right across the street from Old Town. Our prime location & outstanding services make us the favorite of many families especially for holiday celebrations like Easter. We are disappointed your stay was less than perfect . We look forward to welcoming you back and making it up to you the next time you return to Sacramento.

Reviewed April 7, 2013

The kids and I have enjoyed staying at this hotel twice and intend to stay here the next time we are overnighting in Sacramento. The kids LOVE the pool and hot tub, while we love the evening reception and breakfast to fill them after their exertions. :+) The suites are also comfortable and always please.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Embassy Suites Hotels
OnLineManagementTeam, Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Sacramento - Riverfront Promenade, responded to this reviewResponded July 18, 2013

Thank you for your great review of our hotel. We love to hear when our guests & their families enjoy our family-friendly services and value-added amenities. We are proud to be the place where families can relax and enjoy themselves year-round. We are looking forward to seeing you again when you return to Sacramento.

Reviewed April 6, 2013

Was there for a 2 day conference and the room held over 100 people; however, the room was narrow and deep and difficult for attendees to see and hear. It would have been better to have a wider room versus a narrow one.

The room was okay and the breakfast food average. Check in took a long time between 5:30 pm to 6:00 p.m.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business

Thank you for taking the time xtremern to share your experience. We appreciate your feedback as we strive to continue to excel and remain the choice of most travelers to Sacramento. Our convention services team worked very closely with your conference planners to ensure an enjoyable experience for their attendees. We are disappointed to hear we did not quite meet all your needs. We hope to have the opportunity to correct this and welcome you and your organization back next time you are in the Sacramento Area.

Reviewed April 5, 2013

I'm aware of two options for those who want to stay in Old Town Sacramento: The Vagabond and the Embassy Suites. The Vagabond is closer to a Motel 6 kind of economy; the Embassy Suites is quite lovely and is consequently more expensive. We paid about $230 for one Monday night's stay, and for that we got a river view two-room suite with king bed, access to all their amenities, and a manager's reception in the evening and complimentary made-to-order breakfast in the morning. We had a great time and definitely will return. If you're coming from the San Francisco Bay Area, the train is definitely the way to get there: the hotel is about a 10 or 15 minute walk from the train station. The only small glitch in our experience was that the water glasses in the room looked as if they may have been wiped instead of washed (apparently a common practice in almost every hotel), and there was only one bath towel in the bathroom when we got there. But a call late in the evening brought a staff member quickly to our room with more towels, as requested, so overall we were very happy with our whole experience. Everyone on staff was invariably friendly and helpful.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Embassy Suites Hotels
OnLineManagementTeam, drm at Embassy Suites by Hilton Sacramento - Riverfront Promenade, responded to this reviewResponded April 15, 2013

Thank you dh490311 for taking the time out to give us a 5 star review. We love to hear how our guests enjoy our outstanding made to order breakfast and our manager’s reception. And, yes, we agree! We have the perfect location for Bay Area visitors due to our proximity to the train station and being just across the street from Old Town Sacramento. We look forward to having the opportunity to welcome you back the next time you are in the Sacramento Area.

Reviewed April 3, 2013

I stayed here near the end of March at the last-minute. Check-in was pretty easy, although I wasn't prepared for the valet-only parking when we pulled up in front of the hotel to check in. They hustled us out of the car, handed me my ticket, and started loading bags onto a cart. On my way to the front desk, I looked down at my valet parking ticket and saw "$28" written on the ticket. When I checked in, the woman at the front desk was very pleasant, stating that she would need my credit card for incidentals, since the room and parking had already been paid for. I breathed a sigh of relief that I wouldn't get gouged $28 for parking (for the 12 hours my family would need it) and headed up to my room.

The room was nice, although the hotel was a little loud for my tastes (I'm a light sleeper). The fact that Internet access (even wired access) is an additional charge is pretty bad, in my opinion. This is a service that Burger King now gives away for free, so why can't Embassy Suites get with the program?

Breakfast the next morning was fantastic. The omelet station was really, really good, and they had to-go coffee cups, which was a nice touch.

Upon returning to my room, I found a letter telling me that Embassy Suites had charged my credit card $28 for parking. I went to their business center to check my email receipt to see if it mentioned whether or not parking was included in the room rate. The internet in their business center allowed me to log in to my email before it totally stalled out. I gave up after 10 minutes and went down to the front desk, where I asked a young woman working about the charge. Right away she was kind of rude, telling me that when I book through expedia I should expect to get extra charges (like $28 for parking). I told her that I did not book through expedia. She insisted I did. I told her that the woman at the front desk the night before told me that parking was included, and she basically told me again that I was lying. (Now, having read other reviews, I see that parking rates are rolled into room rates, as I was told they were when I first arrived.)

This experience left a bad taste in my mouth. It's unfortunate that Embassy Suites (and in particular this hotel) has chosen to gouge its customers with what are now considered to be basic amenities (eg, parking, Internet). Even more unfortunate is that in some cases they won't tell you they're going to gouge you for these basic amenities until after you've stayed with them. What's next, a $40 laundry fee to be applied upon checkout?

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
OnLineManagementTeam, DRM at Embassy Suites by Hilton Sacramento - Riverfront Promenade, responded to this reviewResponded April 4, 2013

Lbeebo9, thank you for taking the time to share your experience at the Embassy Suites in Sacramento. We are glad you had the opportunity to enjoy our superb made to order omelet bar. It is one of the many added values we offer that so many of our guests love and appreciate! We are disappointed to hear that you were not properly informed by the reservation agent about our valet parking and the charges involved. A parking charge in downtown Sacramento is standard at downtown hotels and you should have been informed about this when you booked. We apologize for the oversight. As of the present we do have a room package inclusive of internet access, but we do not have any inclusive of parking. We would certainly be glad to look into it for the future. Most concerning to us, however, is how our front office staff handled your problem. We pride ourselves in being the #1 Embassy Suites nationwide in overall guest satisfaction in 2012 and have established a culture of caring and hospitality. Your experience certainly did not reflect this and we sincerely apologize. We hope you will allow us to correct this failure by returning to our hotel next time you are in Sacramento.