Embassy Suites by Hilton Sacramento - Riverfront Promenade
$159
HolidayInn.com
$81
1,421 results
All reviewstower bridgethe riverold townacross the streetthe manager's receptionmade to order omeletsraley fieldbaseball gamevalet parkingwalking distancejoe's crab shackcrocker museumindoor pooltrain museumliving roomvalet servicecomplimentary breakfast
Reviewed March 2, 2013

Stayed here beginning of November 2012, for us we felt this hotel was massive and very impressive. The decor was very grand. The rooms were clean and tidy but I forgot how noisy city hotels are and this one is right on the freeway. Perfect location for old town.

Room Tip: Valet parking on site is good value but there is also parking directly across the road.
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple
OnLineManagementTeam, DRM at Embassy Suites by Hilton Sacramento - Riverfront Promenade, responded to this reviewResponded March 7, 2013

Captainand1stmate, thank you for sharing your great experience at Embassy Suites Sacramento Riverfront. We are always so happy to have our guests share the things that they enjoyed during their stay. We are indeed conveniently located near the freeway, but we have recently installed 5 layers of glass windows to noise-proof our rooms. And if you prefer a better view feel free to book one of our Riverview suites at your next stay. You will love your view of the beautiful Sacramento River.

Reviewed February 25, 2013

I stayed here for four nights in December 2012 for a business trip. The rooms were clean. I felt that the bathroom could have been updated a little but it was very clean too. The breakfast was what I have grown to expect from all Embassy Suites, lots of food options and tasty. The coffee in the room was above average which thrills a coffee drinker like me. I slept well here. I did make it down to the workout room which had what I needed for my exercise routine.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank LizzChicago
Reviewed February 23, 2013

Room clean. Nearby sights worthwhile. Parking overpriced. Breakfast Average. Friendly staff. Good for sleeping. Overall, I would stay here again. I felt safe and enjoyed the waterfront. I do think that paying extra for the "riverfront" was not worth it, but the alternative would have been facing the freeway. Also, there was a bright white light shining in our window, so the curtains stayed close-defeats the "riverfront" price. And since the windows were rather small, "riverfront" view was hard to enjoy.

Room Tip: Choose Riverfront, but windows are small.
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed February 23, 2013

we stayed here a year ago; it was expensive then and moreso now. It is a good hotel and the rooms are very nice but the manager's reception (i.e. happy hour) is overrated and the nibbles are very basic. However, the breakfast is first rate. Beware of the wifi charges...Hilton charges a fee per device....that is my biggest and ongoing beef with the Hilton chain, they are stuck in this outmoded era of charging for wifi and at this location the charge is compounded by the fact the charge is per device. Lesser hotel chains offer free wifi.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed February 22, 2013

Very average hotel... First off, from the very first connection point - parking - we were astounded at how ridiculous their system was. The 'self-parking' option is across the street in a paid public structure! So, pretty much forced to valet at $25 per day (and consequently not have any easy access to our car and stuff).
As far as the room, like most Embassy Suites it was quite spacious... So I suppose that would be the one other positive 'aspect'. :-). However, the fold-out sofa bed was broken, I had to jury-rig it to enable the kids to sleep on it.
The lobby has an indoor pool adjoining it, which made everything in the area smell like awful pool chlorine.
The free happy hour they always boast about at Embassy was pitiful. More of a sad-hour. There was a 100 foot-long line of people waiting for their awful glass of wine. It tasted like red turpentine, truly non-potable.
Again, on a positive note the location couldn't be better.

Room Tip: get as far away from the lobby area as possible.
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled with family