WINNER WONDERLAND
Ranked #7 of 82 Hotels in Sacramento
Foster City, California
“Nice for Business”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 2, 2013

I had a 8:30 meeting in Sacramento and did not want to drive in the early morning. I was fortunate to find this hotel during the Wine Convention. It is conveniently located and very nice. The rooms are very large with a living room in the front on the lobby and bedroom in the back. Very clean rooms with large bathrooms. A nice touch is that they will provide you with various toilet items like razors, shaving cream and tooth paste for free if you forgot it. The reception was nice with veggie tray, tortilla chips, dips and chex mix. We ate at the restaurant which was very good. Breakfast in the morning is always nice with cooked to order omelettes or other hot items.

The only drawback is my room was on the freeway. The noise is quite loud and inconsistent so you can't use it as white noise.

Room Tip: Stay away from the rooms in the "40's and 50's"
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (205)
Norman, Oklahoma
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 31, 2013

This hotel is within steps to the state capital. Happy hour that included free drinks and appetizers from 5:30 to 7:30. As it seems for all Embassy's, the room are large and clean. The front desk was helpful with everything and then some. The gym is nice with cardio and free weights. I will stay here again when I come to Sacramento.

US
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 27, 2013

What a pleasant surprise! We really enjoyed a 2-night stay with the kids at this well-known hotel. Service was strong all around, from valet to bar-person serving drinks on a Friday night at the free drinks free-for-all known as the Manager's Reception. Breakfast selections were standard fare, but fresh and well-prepared. We have all experienced hotel breakfast buffets that might have declined were they not included. The breakfasts at Sac Embassy were very good, another pleasant surprise. Rooms were clean and well-maintained. The riverfront promenade in front of the hotel has been nicely cleaned up since I was here several years ago. Overall, for the hotel class, an excellent stay, and very good value ($139 for 2 room double). Superior location as well, though a bit noisy as it is directly above the freeway.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Bakersfield, California
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 27, 2013

The hotel is location next to the Tower Bridge, an ideal location to visit Old Sacramento. Valet parking service is quick in and out. The front desk were welcoming and attentive. My room was a typical room for Embassy chain. It was roomy, clean and comfortable. The only issue I had was with the WiFi having spotty service. Breakfast was included and the omelettes made to order were good. Overall a good experience.

Room Tip: Higher floor rooms was quieter.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled solo
Honolulu, Hawaii
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 24, 2013

Good...
-I pulled in the wrong way in the parking lot and the well-dressed gentleman who worked at Embassy who saw me do it was very kind and helped me get situated. :)
-The room was really nice.
-The view was gorgeous.
-When calling the front desk, they quickly took care of my needs.
-The wine hour was perfect.
-The pool and hot tub were super great for kids
-They will give you bathrobes to wear while staying at ES if you ask and the kids LOOOVED that.
-The breakfast was OUTSTANDING. The staff that served the breakfast were wonderful folks.

The Bad...
-I booked my travel on Kayak.com and was offered a $25 gas card. It was the only reason I used Kayak. No additional info was available regarding the card after booking, so I called Travelocity or Expedia...something, not them, but like a sub-company of theirs that is used by Kayak I guess and the customer support barely spoke English and suggested I cancel my reservation completely, which was nonrefundable. Which really would have been beyond stupid, like you have one job lady, that's your only suggestion?? So after 45 minutes of speaking to them, finally a manager from their company called Embassy Suites and Embassy verified they would give me the gas card when I arrived. When I arrived, I was told NO, I didn't book through Kayak, so I couldn't get it. After showing her my extremely organized binder with time stamped info regarding the phone call, receipts, screen shots of the offer, etc. she gave me the gas card after discussing it with a manager and making copies of all my documentation. But she made sure to mention she really shouldn't have, it was not their error. It wasn't my error either, and that gas card sure wasn't worth the time and headache it caused to get it. So just be AWARE, you may never receive that gas card unless you really are well organized and ready for a long fight with a bunch of folks.
-After my stay, Embassy Suites made an error and charged my credit card the incidentals (movie, room service) once and then reauthorized the same charge again after taking the $ owed. This caused $90 in bounced check fees from my bank and an authorization of around $130 that was going to remain on hold (or be charged) for 10 days, that I did not owe because they already took their $. BUT, Embassy was very quick to resolve this issue and called my bank for me, fixing their error. Zeema I think was her name, is very good at her job and was fast. That was much appreciated. I hate talking to someone who doesn't know what they are doing, but she knew her job very well. But besides that, this whole thing was a real pain and took over an hour out of my day in between talking to my bank and Embassy. It would be best if they could have not made the error in the first place...so someone at Embassy probably needs to be retrained to avoid others having to go through that headache.
-We watched Wreck It Ralph, for like $16!!!! That's incredibly expensive. Seriously, wow.
-Parking cost $25 a day for valet only, WOW that's high...the cost of parking was the main reason I decided to stay 1 night instead of 2. So it is costing business...

The Ugly...
-I am a single mother who stayed with her children on vacation. In the middle of the night, one of our headboards started rocking like crazy. I woke my daughter up and said "stop messing with the bed", and then realized...it was from the OTHER side of the wall. The folks in room 401 or 403 were "doing it" so hard that it made our headboard shake. To explain this to my 3 children who all woke up and to see the people walk out of their room the next day. BEYOND GROSS is an understatement. They need to fasten those headboards on better or they should have made the walls thicker because I sure didn't want to be any part of the next door neighbors activities, you know? Just so gross...really wished that wasn't part of our family vacation. I told management about this...the next morning and they basically just said "sorry" and took down the room number. I think it was worth more than a sorry in my opinion, because my children experienced that due to Embassy Suites not taking the precautions needed to insure that didn't happen (fixing headboard or thicker walls).

Overall, really great things and some headaches and that last bad thing - made my stay average.

Room Tip: We had a river side view room and it was SUPER pretty at night and in the morning. Highly recommend...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
Santa Barbara, California
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 24, 2013

I have to travel to Sacramento a few times a year and have alwasy stayed here because my meetings are within walking distance of the hotel. However my last stay has been the worst. Walking into my room everything was normal. In the evening after changing and being bare foot I noticed the carpet was wet around the desk chair in the room. Now this wasn't s small spot, but a large section of the floor. As if they forgot to dry it. Needed to be moved to another room the next day... Well, it's been cold the last week or so, enough to have the heater on at night. This caused a vibration through the walls and made it difficult to sleep. So it was either freeze and not sleep or wake up every hour when the vibrations got really bad.

They sent maintence up to fix. The guy told me all good, said what was wrong, just loose pannels. Wasn't so sure I believed him, but said ok. Sure enough the vibrations came back after he left. Sent them up again and I left for dinner. Came back and all was good...

The pool and jacuzzi were also out of order. No notice on their website like normal that say pool/jacuzzi closed for maintenance. I like to come back after a long day and relax in the jacuzzi. ASked how long this would be and told into the weekend. I ended up moving to another Hilton branded hotel as wasn't happy there was no notice about this...

Here's the best part. In my moving from one room to another to another hotel, I noticed my ipad missing. I called and was told this was a housekeeping issue as at first I thought I left it. Well turns out the ipad was syncd recently according to my IT department before they issued a remote wipe. Spoke to head of housekeeping with no luck. Then told would be given a return call. NO call back for two days. I called again asked to speak to manager was told was not a manager issue and needed to speak to security. Insisted I speak to a manager, finally gave my information and was told head of security would perform an investigation. Nothing yet.

The breakfasts were great as usual, and the evening reception is great. However I've noticed they've cut back on the amount they offer in terms of vegitables and so forth...

Will probably not stay here. Stay at another property as their prices are also over rated for what you get.

Room Tip: Request non freeway side or you won't get any sleep.
1 Thank SoCalTraveller30
San Diego
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 23, 2013

A quick business trip took me to Sacramento. I made an online reservation for the Embassy Suites on the Riverfront. Very easy and quick, but a room with a King Size bed was not available. I used the comment section to ask for a King Size bed. Upon arrival, Maria called up my reservation, noted my request and proceeded to find me a room with King size bed :-)
I then asked about the location for my business meeting... it was only 7/10's of a mile away, but my wife was attending with me and she did not feel like walking the distance in high heels. I asked about a cab and Maria suggested I talk with the Valet about the hotel's shuttle van. I quickly arranged for the shuttle van to take us to the meeting. Our driver, Jose, gave me his card and told me to call him when the meeting was over and he would come back to pick us up!
What fabulous service! To go along with a wonderful, made to order free breakfast, and another shuttle trip to the airport, I would highly recommend the Embassy Suites Riverfront in Sacramento! Thanks for great trip.

Room Tip: If your room selection is not available online, use the comment section to let them know what you wa...