Lowest prices for your stay
$183
Expedia.com$183
EmbassySuites.com$183
Hurb$205
1,709 results
All reviews the river tower bridge old town across the street evening reception order omelettes raley field valet parking walking distance valet service complimentary breakfast capitol building per day love this hotel sac downtown freeway
Selected filters
Reviewed October 8, 2007

The hotel is in an excellent position, close to Old Sacramento.

The suite we stayed in was superb; our concierge suite was on the 8th floor. Free breakfast with a great selection of food; free bar from 17:30 TO 19:30; great restaurant you must try the onion soup (served in a massive onion on a bed of rock salt).

I must say from the moment we arrived we felt at home.

Old Sacramento is lovely (a five minute walk away) with some great restaurants and curiosity shops to look around. Down town is a short walk away where you’ll find Macy’s, The Hard rock Cafe etc. The whole place is quite magical and well worth the visit.

The reception staff at this hotel were extremely helpful and polite and couldn’t do enough for you.

2  Thank Hemel
Reviewed September 28, 2007

I am currently staying at the Embassy Suites - Sacramento for a 3 day
business meeting. The hotel is rather confusing to find. You can see it from the expressway...it's just hard to actually drive there.

I agree with other reviewers...the front desk staff is not very friendly. I booked with a group and was given a room with 2 double beds. However, my husband was travelling with me so I requested a king-sized bed. They said the only one available was on the top floor...the "concierge" floor and would be an additional $30 per day. When I questioned the extra charge, they said there are upgraded
amenities. After comparing my room to others in my group, the only upgrade was the robe hanging on the bathroom door...not worth an extra $30 per day.

Also, my room was on the freeway side and the noise from the road is rather loud. Our group requested all rooms on the river side, but many were booked on the freeway side. Although the hotel was built fairly recently, the room decor seems dated. However, the atrium is quite lovely and the artwork is very nice.

Our meeting on the first day was held at the hotel and the meeting room was very nice. However, it was one third of the ballroom, and people meeting in the other parts of the room kept coming into our room, interrupting our meeting. The room usage signs are above the doors and people must not read those to see if they are entering the proper room.

Overall, a decent place to stay for business or family travel.

• Trip type: Traveled on business
2  Thank pdjcfo
Reviewed September 22, 2007

The room was very nice, on the top floor. We had a river view room. The hotel had an inner atrium, glass elevators (reminded my of a Hyatt), and was right across from Old Sac. The breakfast was great, and the evening reception was very nice (lots of free alcoholic drinks and some snacks).

The downside was that the room was too darn hot. We had the AC on full set at 66 degrees but it was 76 the first night and 78 the second night. We told the front desk about it on the first night but it wasn't any better on the second night. Granted, it was a hot weekend, 100 degree highs, but you'd think the AC would be set up to handle it. It was just too hot to sleep very well and made for two very uncomfortable nights. I wish I could recommend the hotel because the room was nice, but since I was unable to sleep, I can't return. The heat was too unpleasant.

Also, there was no reasonably priced self-parking around. The valet was pretty much the only option we found.

Also, on the river side, you may hear some early morning alarms if they raise the bridge, and train noises from the tourist train from Old Sac.

If I went back to Sacramento, I'd probably stay closer to the Capitol which is where all the good restaurants are located. Old Sac is interesting but once or twice is enough. Or maybe I'd stay in Davis which has a thriving downtown.

• Trip type: Traveled as a couple
2  Thank spokanetraveller
Reviewed August 12, 2007

August, 2007. I had the opportunity to stay at the Embassy Suties Hotel Sacramento, Riverfront for one night. I was attending some business in downtown Sacramento. The hotel has some pluses but some minues too. If you want to be in old Sacramento then I might recommend it.

Check-in was fast and my reservation was in order. The front desk person was not that friendly but the Valet Parking attendant was. I received a non-smoking king suite as reserved. I was on the 7th floor facing towards Old Sacramento.

The suite was not clean. There were some stairs on the chair and carpet. The toliet had not been cleaned. The room is a bit dark and lighting was not that bright.

The living room has a sofa bed, chair (stained), uncomfortable office chair and two other chairs and table. There is a wet bar in between the bedroom and living room with fridge and microwave. No icemaker in the fridge.

There is no inroom HVAC controls so you are at the mercy of the onsite facities staff. The room tended to be cooler.

The bedroom was large with separate small desk, chair and televsion. The t.v. channels were fairly basic with some cable channels.

The bed was comfortable with good quality linens. I did not hear any street noise noise and from the bedroom you can not hear any of the hotel attrium lobby noise.

The bathroom was good size and everything appeared to work fine. Bloom Bath amenities were provided.

The complimentary breakfast was good! Cooked to order eggs and omelets. Bacon, sausage, potatoes, pancakes. Good fresh fruit. This breakfast is better than most Hampton Inns and better than some Residence Inns.

The hotel has open and airy atrium type of lobby. Valet parking costs $18.00 per day. There is public garage across the street but I do not know the hours of operation.

The hotel's location is it's best feature. Next to the Sacramento river and Old Sacramento. Plenty of food places and shops in Old Sacramento, and near Westfield Shopping Mall with all of the modern stores within walking distance. In old Sacramento I recommend Indo Cafe for Indonesian food and Lomo for high end Argentine restaurant in Old Sacramento.

The breakfast staff was friendly and efficient and so were the parking attendants, it's funny the front desk staff was not. Hilton
or their new Owners ought to do some Job Analytics and determine which folks provide the greatest value to their clients and hire, train and reward appropriately. I hope the parking attendants and food service workers at this property get more rewards than their front desk staff.

The location's great, but not sure if I would return to this property because room condition and lack of cleanliness.

Date of stay: August 2007
  • Trip type: Traveled on business
4  Thank SeminarTrekker
Reviewed August 5, 2007

I recently spent two nights there, August 1 and 2. I brought my two kids for a visit to Old Sacramento and the California State Railroad Museum. We took Amtrak to Sacramento so I was looking for a hotel close to the the train station. It's about a 1/2 mile walk, the opposite side of Old Sacramento from the train station. The state capitol is about a 3/4 mile walk straight down the street.

The staff was very attentive. I has called ahead requesting an early check-in and they had a room ready for me. My Hilton Honors benefit was brought to my room without my having to follow up with the front desk.

The hotel facilities are in excellent condition and should be as the hotel is only four years old. The hotel rooms and lobby/atrium area are classic Embassy Suites - very elegant. Our room (222), faced Interstate 5, and yes you could hear the traffic but overall I felt the noise level was reasonable and it didn't bother us.

The pool is small, the fitness center is well equipped. I felt the quality (not necessarily the selection) of the breakfast was a little lower than other Embassy Suites I have been to. The oatmeal was part water, part oats, the pastries didn't seem to taste that good. Overall, that's a minor quibble.

When we left we got a ride back to the train station from the Hotel shuttle. We'll be staying there again.

If you like baseball, the Sacramento RiverCats (AAA affiliate of the Oakland A's) plays at Raley Field, just on the other side of the river, it couldn't be more convenient. Old Sacramento has lots of places to eat but if you like Asian food at a good price try Indo Cafe (Indonesian and Asian food) or walk to the Westfield Mall food court (Fat's Asian BBQ is great, owned by the same folks who own California Fat's and Fat's Cafe and Bar in Old Sacto).

Date of stay: August 2007