“Wonderful rooms, comfy beds, one front desk person thumbs down”

Sheraton Grand Sacramento Hotel
Ranked #13 of 82 Hotels in Sacramento
Reviewed March 31, 2014

This was our second time staying at the Sheraton Grand in Sacramento, and once again, the atmosphere was wonderful. Our beds were so comfortable that we want to find out where those pillows can be bought! Most of the staff is friendly and helpful.

Our only negative (and the reason for losing one star) has to do with the front desk clerk (Keoni) who checked us in. I had reserved two rooms and was paying for both, and the whole transaction seemed to be a huge imposition to Keoni (his attitude implied that). Since it was two rooms for check-in, we knew it would take longer to check in (obviously, and that was not a problem to us) since each room is checked in separately. However, Keoni made us feel we were making things more difficult. When we asked about adding a breakfast voucher (and paying the difference) to the second room since we had accidentally only put it on one room, once again, he made it feel like a major inconvenience.

Other than the experience with Keoni, all other staff was wonderful, and we would definitely choose to stay here again. By the way, purchasing the breakfast voucher for $10 more is absolutely worth it. It entitles you to a great buffet breakfast in the morning (oooh, those cheese blintzes! mmmm!) which includes both scrambled egg whites and regular scrambled eggs, among other dishes. The voucher is $10 and covers two people, while without the voucher, the breakfast buffet is $19.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled with family
2  Thank eldoradoeh
Ashley D, Manager at Sheraton Grand Sacramento Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded April 2, 2014

Thank you for providing us and our future guests with your detailed review of your most recent stay. We are delighted to hear that you enjoyed your overall stay and took advantage of the many amenities available. We are sorry to hear about your check-in experience and will use your insights to help us perfect the guest experience. Most of our bedding is available online through the Starwood Shopping site; I hope you are able to find what you are looking for. Thank you again for your review.

Reviewed March 27, 2014

The staff here has been amazing!!! The cleaning staff asked if I needed anything in my room. I told them no, I'm fine. The lady said here take these bottles of water and if you don't need them in your room, I'm sure you will drink them in your car.

I would have given them a 5 but they charge $28/night to park. With what I paid for the room throw in the dam parking!!!!

The food on site was pricey too!

Room Tip: I asked for a room on an upper floor and away from the elevator, and I was on the 21st out of 26 flo...
  • Stayed: March 2014, traveled on business
Ashley D, Manager at Sheraton Grand Sacramento Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded March 31, 2014

Thank you for your comments for our staff here at the Sheraton Grand Sacramento Hotel. We pride ourselves on offering the best customer service and are delighted to hear when we have exceeded our guest’s expectations. I will be sure to share your insights regarding the parking with our Executive Committee. Thank you again for your comments and we do hope to welcome you back again soon.

Reviewed March 27, 2014

We stayed on the club floor, which they said was newly renovated, and everything was very nice; service, aesthetics, location, price, food, but when we got into bed I was shocked at how scratchy the sheets were. They felt like the cheap children's sheets I recently bought for my kids and returned. The mattress was just run of the mill, with one of those thin mattress covers, with elastic straps at the corners, like you would find in a motel. I took them at their word when they said "Sweet Sleeper Bed" but this was perhaps the least comfortable bed I've slept in- though I should add that the feather pillows were good quality. We usually stay at the Marriott or Citizen when we are in Sacramento and I was expecting something comparable. I am curious to know if all their beds are same or did we just get unlucky?

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple

Thank you for taking the time to share your review with us. Guest feedback such as yours is greatly appreciated as it informs us of areas in which improvements are needed. Thank you for your comments for our Sheraton Club Lounge and for your insights regarding the bed. I can assure you that what you experienced is neither standard nor acceptable. We do hope that you will consider our hotel again on your next visit to Sacramento so that we can show you what a stay at the Sheraton should feel like.

Reviewed March 25, 2014

If you are looking for a hotel where the staff is consistently polite, patient, helpful and have a great sense of humor, then your first stop should be the Sheraton Grand in Sacramento. I can't give enough accolades to the professionalism and thoroughness of the staff. From moving materials from the storage room to staff room and back again, to bringing more towels to the room when 3 is just not enough the first day. In particular Carlos, Alex, Jason, Lili and Elia, just to name a few, are staff members who went out of their way to make my stay enjoyable and stress-free. I look forward to coming here every year as the staff makes it a fun place to host an event!

Reviewed March 17, 2014

This location is nice because of the location and the staff is great. We stayed because of an event at the convention center and it's right across the street. My biggest complaint was the food. I expect to pay a pretty penny when ordering room service, but I also expect the food to be edible. Because we needed to be up and ready very early we did room service both days, and with kids breakfast is a must. The first day we got a continental breakfast with fruit and a bowl of berries. The fruit was great, but the Danish and breakfast type breads were hard and unflavorful. The next day we tried pancakes and they tasted burnt. Overall, the stay was nicen and the location perfect. Just need to up their food and bring your own pillow.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled with family
Ashley D, Manager at Sheraton Grand Sacramento Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded March 26, 2014

Guest feedback is always appreciated as it helps us improve our product and services. We are delighted to hear that you found the location and staff to be amazing. I have shared your insights regarding the room service with our Executive Chef and I can assure you that what you experienced in not standard nor acceptable. We will take this review as an opportunity to improve our overall room service experience. Thank you again and we do hope that you will consider our hotel on your next visit to Sacramento.

Reviewed March 12, 2014

The hotel room I stayed in (1130) was nice, but slightly worn. There were wear marks on the carpet, baseboards and bathroom tile. The bed linens were soft, the down comforter and pillows were lovely. The bathroom towels were a good size, but could be softer. There were complimentary bottles of water in the room along with the usual shampoo, conditioner and lotion (hotel branded). No shower gel, but two decent sized bar soaps. The nice (and needed) surprise was a kit with an emery board, cotton swabs and cotton balls which came in handy.

The hotel is walking distance to the State Capital, and the conference center in the hotel is quite lovely. The food served at the conference from the hotel catering was quite nice, so I did not try the food from the hotel restaurant.

It’s worth noting that the two Starbucks within walking distance both close super early. One was closed sometime before 6:30 pm (conference center location across the street) and the other closed at 8:00 pm.

I’d give the hotel a higher rating, but as nice as the rooms were I don’t believe they’re worth full price as they are starting to show some wear, and for these prices I expect a pristine room.

The hotel itself, lobby, bar, gym (24 hr access), pool and other common areas are well maintained.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled on business

Thank you for taking the time to share your review with us at the Sheraton Grand Sacramento Hotel. We are delighted to hear that you enjoyed our many amenities that are available at our hotel. Thank you for informing our future guests of our convenient location to the Convention Center, State Capitol and many other attractions that Sacramento has to offer. We appreciate your feedback regarding our guestrooms and will use these insights to help determine where future renovation monies should be spent. Thank you again and we do hope that you will consider our hotel again on your next trip to Sacramento.

Reviewed March 11, 2014

I am writing to commend a woman who assisted with the food preparation and service during a conference I attended on March 6 & 7, 2014. I hope I get the spelling of her name correct. I believe it is Elvia Sosa. This woman was amazing - so helpful and kind. I'm vegan and she went out of her way to have a delicious meal prepared for me. I hope this message reaches her and her supervisor.

1  Thank Stacy R
Ashley D, Manager at Sheraton Grand Sacramento Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded March 17, 2014

Your feedback is greatly appreciated and we are so grateful for your comments for Elvia! Our associates pride themselves on providing the best customer service to our guests and it is always such a delight to hear when we have exceeded your expectations. I will be sure to pass on this message to Elvia and her direct supervisor. Thank you again for your review and we look forward to welcoming you back again soon!