“Everything I needed in a convention hotel”

Sheraton Grand Sacramento Hotel
Ranked #13 of 81 Hotels in Sacramento
San Francisco, CA
“Everything I needed in a convention hotel”
Reviewed October 7, 2012

When I travel on business, the most important qualities for me are quiet, a comfortable bed, well-placed lighting, and a table or desk/chair combination that actually allows for serious work. The Sheraton Grand supplied all of these perfectly, and it is located just steps away from the convention center. All the staff members I dealt with were friendly and helpful, and the in-house restaurant (Morgan's) was quite good for a convention hotel. I would stay again without hesitation if I ever have business in Sacramento. Unlike an earlier recent reviewer, I didn't find the rooms "outdated," in any way; rather, the decor was just not distinctively stylish.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Sheraton_Grand_Hotel, Manager at Sheraton Grand Sacramento Hotel, responded to this review, October 9, 2012
Dear PegD_in_SF,

We appreciate you taking the time to provide us with feedback on our property! It's great to hear we are able to satisfy all your specific needs for work! We strive to make our hotel as comfortable as possible for those away from home. We hope to welcome you back again in the near future!

Sheraton Grand Sacramento Managers

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (191)
Northern California
Reviewed October 7, 2012

I bid on priceline and got the Sheraton Grand for $95 a night. We stayed on a Friday night so that we could wake up early Saturday morning to participate in the Out of the Darkness Walk at the State Capitol.
We did valet parking ($25 a night). The vallet attendants were very nice and helpful. Check in was quick and we were able to get two rooms right across from each other at the end of the hallway. Our rooms were very big and clean. We had two windows and each had a nice window seat. The kids loved sitting in the window at night looking out over the lights in Sacramento. Two double beds.
I requested a crib for our 6 month old and it was brought up promptly. There were no refrigerators in our rooms either so I requested one and was able to get the $25 fee waived.
Great location. On Friday night we walked basically just around the block to K Street and ate at the Pyramid Ale House. The food there was great and it was kid friendly (which was nice because we had 5 children with us). We were going to eat at Pizza Rock, but the wait was going to be about one hour.
We checked out the pool at the hotel (you have to walk through the gym to get to it). The kids wanted to swim but it was getting late and a little chilly outside. The pool area was clean, but super small. It looked as if the shallow end of the pool was 3 feet and the "deep" end was 4 feet?
Saturday morning we checked out but had the front desk hold our bags. Walk a few blocks to the capitol where our walk was held. Stopped at a Starbucks on the way.
After the walk we returned to our hotel and the valet attendants brought our cars to us in a matter of minutes then we were on our way home.
Overall, we had a very short stay at the hotel, but it was a very enjoyable stay with great service. Highly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank MissMommy2
Johannesburg, South Africa
Reviewed October 6, 2012

The Sheraton is a clean well maintained and I was recognized as a valued SPG member however the hotel is mainly suited to conventions. The bed was awful and creaked and the rooms outdated and average. Nothing to shout about.

• Stayed October 2012
San Francisco, California
Reviewed October 5, 2012

I stayed at the Sheraton Grand for business for a couple of weeks in a row last year. This year, I was back out for the same reason, and on my first night, Rasheen - one of the team who places us in our fantastic rooms upon checkin - remembered me from last year. I was so thrilled after a long day of travelling to see a friendly face and feel welcomed as a person and friend rather than just a patron, it immediately put my mind in a better place. Rasheen has continued to greet me (in addition to the other members of the crew forced to see me every day) and make my stay feel a little more like home instead of just another hotel in another city. The Sheraton Grand team really does go above and beyond to make all of their guests feel special - I will always come to this hotel when I am in the Sacramento area!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
San Diego, California
Reviewed October 3, 2012

I stayed at the Sheraton Grand for a conference in the summer. The team I was supervising arrived one night early, and the staff was fairly quick in adjusting the extra accommodations. Rasheen and Chad, who worked the front desk while we were there, were excellent. They remembered my name and always checked in to see how we were doing. The hotel also had a great location, and I could walk to the Capitol and the sights within minutes. I would stay with them again in the future.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
Sydney, New South Wales, Australia
Reviewed October 2, 2012

Hi all,

I stayed at the Sheraton Grand for 3 weeks in September, 2012. I can't say enough good things about the hotel. Great location, friendly staff, comfortable and clean room.

A few specifics:

Stephanie at PMB bar is very friendly and a great bartender.
Johnny P and Jennifer S at the front desk are extremely nice - Johnny recognised me after the first day and made a point of saying hello each time - great to be greated.

The entire valet time is fantastic.

All in all - top stay. Would definitely stay there again.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
Sacramento, California
Reviewed October 1, 2012

It may seem odd to review the valet team of a hotel, especially when you were not actually a guest of the hotel. The valets, however truly went above and beyond for my friend and I as we were lost downtown and running late for a wedding.
Stressed out and lost, my friend and I happened to accidentally pull over into the loading only area of the Sheraton. We were desparate to find our way to the cathedral as our friend was getting married in fifteen minutes!
We had thepleasure of talking with Scott, Darren and Ian who were incredibly helpful. They not only calmed us down and got us laughing over our mistake, but offered to valet our car (a service we did not know was available to non-hotel staying guests) and direct us to the cathedral. We weren't even IN the valet area, but they saw that we were in distress and came all the way over to ask us if we needed assistance.
Thanks to them we made it to the church on time! It was so stress free I will now always use the Sheraton valet for my parking needs when I am in that area of downtown rather than searching for an affordable parking garage! Thank you so much Scott, Darren and Ian and the Sheraton!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends