“Downtown Sacramento Hotel for conventions”

Sheraton Grand Sacramento Hotel
Ranked #13 of 80 Hotels in Sacramento
Johannesburg, South Africa
“Downtown Sacramento Hotel for conventions”
Reviewed October 6, 2012

The Sheraton is a clean well maintained and I was recognized as a valued SPG member however the hotel is mainly suited to conventions. The bed was awful and creaked and the rooms outdated and average. Nothing to shout about.

• Stayed October 2012

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (184)
San Francisco, California
Reviewed October 5, 2012

I stayed at the Sheraton Grand for business for a couple of weeks in a row last year. This year, I was back out for the same reason, and on my first night, Rasheen - one of the team who places us in our fantastic rooms upon checkin - remembered me from last year. I was so thrilled after a long day of travelling to see a friendly face and feel welcomed as a person and friend rather than just a patron, it immediately put my mind in a better place. Rasheen has continued to greet me (in addition to the other members of the crew forced to see me every day) and make my stay feel a little more like home instead of just another hotel in another city. The Sheraton Grand team really does go above and beyond to make all of their guests feel special - I will always come to this hotel when I am in the Sacramento area!

San Diego, California
Reviewed October 3, 2012

I stayed at the Sheraton Grand for a conference in the summer. The team I was supervising arrived one night early, and the staff was fairly quick in adjusting the extra accommodations. Rasheen and Chad, who worked the front desk while we were there, were excellent. They remembered my name and always checked in to see how we were doing. The hotel also had a great location, and I could walk to the Capitol and the sights within minutes. I would stay with them again in the future.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
Sydney, New South Wales, Australia
Reviewed October 2, 2012

Hi all,

I stayed at the Sheraton Grand for 3 weeks in September, 2012. I can't say enough good things about the hotel. Great location, friendly staff, comfortable and clean room.

A few specifics:

Stephanie at PMB bar is very friendly and a great bartender.
Johnny P and Jennifer S at the front desk are extremely nice - Johnny recognised me after the first day and made a point of saying hello each time - great to be greated.

The entire valet time is fantastic.

All in all - top stay. Would definitely stay there again.

Sacramento, California
Reviewed October 1, 2012

It may seem odd to review the valet team of a hotel, especially when you were not actually a guest of the hotel. The valets, however truly went above and beyond for my friend and I as we were lost downtown and running late for a wedding.
Stressed out and lost, my friend and I happened to accidentally pull over into the loading only area of the Sheraton. We were desparate to find our way to the cathedral as our friend was getting married in fifteen minutes!
We had thepleasure of talking with Scott, Darren and Ian who were incredibly helpful. They not only calmed us down and got us laughing over our mistake, but offered to valet our car (a service we did not know was available to non-hotel staying guests) and direct us to the cathedral. We weren't even IN the valet area, but they saw that we were in distress and came all the way over to ask us if we needed assistance.
Thanks to them we made it to the church on time! It was so stress free I will now always use the Sheraton valet for my parking needs when I am in that area of downtown rather than searching for an affordable parking garage! Thank you so much Scott, Darren and Ian and the Sheraton!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
Victorville, California
Reviewed September 29, 2012

The staff made our stay extremly enjoyable, when we are in the area again we will remember your hotel.Lili and Elia of the waitstaff went above and beyond for us. Our room maid was very helpful.

Thank you Barbara Rodriguez and Ruth Sharp

Petaling Jaya, Malaysia
Reviewed September 27, 2012

The Sheraton Grand is a nice hotel with a great location in the middle of the city. The rooms are well appointed and have a nice view over the city (with its very own cushioned window seat!)

We had access to the lounge and although its pretty small, it's a nice place to relax and have a drink or two. All in all, was pretty happy with our stay.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled as a couple