“Liked it before, until the bugs came this time!”

EconoLodge Sacramento North
Ranked #52 of 82 Hotels in Sacramento
Reviewed October 21, 2010

I've stayed at this hotel many times and never had a problem,until this time! We stayed 2 nights and everything was fine the first night, but around 9pm the second night, I was getting ready to lay down next to my son (2 months old) who was already asleep on the bed, when I see a GIANT bedbug crawling towards him. I flicked it off the bed(no idea where it went) and called the front desk to get my room changed. They said I have to go down to the office to get my room changed. How am I supposed to do that with a squirmy 2 month old, all my bags, a diaper bag, a car seat and everything else we brought in, while my husband is out picking up dinner? I would still probably recommend this place, because this is the first bad experience I have had with them. This is also the first time I've stayed in this room number so maybe it's just this room.

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled with family
1  Thank Stefans_Mommy
QualityInnNatomas, General Manager at EconoLodge Sacramento North, responded to this reviewResponded June 3, 2011

Thank you so much for staying with us. First, we'd like to apologize for your inconvenience your previous stay. We have not received many complaints but any of the rooms that have received complaints have been closed and treated. We are constantly monitoring rooms and your feedback is very much appreciated. We will do our very best to make sure this does not happen and we hope to see you again soon. My team and I are very happy to hear that you've enjoyed your past stays with us.

Raneeka Lal

Reviewed August 31, 2010

The spa was broken and they said they would get the part "tomorrowo." According to the past reviews, it has been broken for a while and they probably just lied to get us to stay there. The trees dripped sticky stuff all over our cars. The complimentary breakfast was a joke. The muffins were frozen and not edible for at least an hour. The juicer was broken and all of the guests had to share a pitcher of orange juice. The bacon was transparent and skinny. We stayed in Room 228. It smelled musty. The floors were filthy. There was somebody's hair still in the tub. The lock on the front door was broken. The complimentary hair dryer didn't work. The bathroom had what looked to be mold on the ceiling. The air conditioning dripped on the carpet and the carpet was damp. The day we left, we started to get sore throats and a cough. We have been sick for three weeks now. Whatever we got in the room was finally taken care of with antibiotics. For your health and safety, don't stay at this hotel, especially if you have a weak immune system.

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled with family
QualitySacramento, General Manager at EconoLodge Sacramento North, responded to this reviewResponded January 21, 2011

I would like to apologize for any inconveniences that you have had during your stay with us. I wish these items were brought to my attention at check in or during your stay so they could have been handled in a prompt manor. I am available 24 hours a day to my staff and for all the guests if needed either in person or by phone. I can assure all of our future guests that I have put some policies in place to limit if not completely eliminate this issue. We are in the process at this time of doing our deep cleaning of all our rooms. Once again I would like to apologize for the issues that arose and hope that you would consider us in the future as we are a very active company in taking care of all problems.
Hotel Management, General Manager

Reviewed August 23, 2010

came in with toilet filed with someone's 'number one', bathroom door is hard to close, they offer fridges in some rooms, requested it at check in & conveniently none are available unless you request it at the time you make reservations. Hard to get into pool area because the poorly put up mesh is hindering your sight to the gate. but turns out the pool is molding or something. I didn't think it was a swimmable pool and the rotting hot spa is rotting lukewarm spa (minus the HOT). the air conditioning unit does not circulate the cold air, so if you are RIGHT in front of the unit, be prepared to be cold all night, and if you are not close to the unit, don't expect any air coming your way. Floor is dirty, Dirty, DIRTY! a couple of steps on that floor barefoot or with socks and expect to see dirty feet (black junk covering the entire sole of your clean feet!

room may look roomy on ads, but no.

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled with family
Reviewed August 11, 2010

I stayed here for business over a few weeks in early 2009 and was surprised to see they charged hundreds of dollars to my credit card in August 2010! I haven't even visited the place in over a year and a half. The front desk told me that they had mistakenly charged 10,000 guests in 2009 and have been getting angry calls because they are just NOW rerunning the cards that they authorized in 2009. The service was terrible when I stayed there, but this beats it all.

• Stayed: January 2009, traveled on business
Reviewed August 8, 2010

I reserved a room at the last minute at this hotel and arrived in the afternoon before flying home. I had three young children (under 10) with me and we were all looking forward to a quick dip in the pool before finding dinner. The pool area was disgustingly dirty. There was something sticky all over the table and chairs, and the pool itself was cloudy. Within 30 minutes of checking in I went to the front desk and told them that I was not staying and asked to be checked out (expecting to not be charged for the room). Unfortuneatly, I did not receive any sort of confirmation of my checkout and ended up having to pay for the room after all. I would not recommend this hotel to anyone.

• Stayed: June 2010, traveled with family
Reviewed July 22, 2010

Just don"t do it. There are many better choices that this one. The place is FILTHY, After walking bare foot ( in room #230) for only about an hour we noticed our feet Please see the photo. They were BLACK. I haven"t seen my feet so dirty since I was 10 years old. The pool was cloudy and the Jacuzzi was dirty, cold and the jets don"t work. When asking the staff where we might find a nice Mexican restaurant they suggested Taco Bell? Are you kidding me? The then explained they (the staff) are Indian not Mexican? Nothing good about the place.

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed March 22, 2010

Front desk clerk and a girl imposing as the manager, rude, couldnt get thier story strait on who was the manager. Delt with the matter very un professionally. Was not satisfied with quality of hotel. Dirty carpets. mold, ect. They charged my card before I even arrived and she mocked me that they charged it and i could do what ever i wanted. stay or not but they were getting paid either way. THE WORST SERVICE AND DIRTIEST HOTEL I'VE EVER CAME IN CONTACT WITH. Never stay there!!!! The clerks were laughing and speaking in thier native language so that we wouldn't understand. I thought quality inns were ok hotels. NOt this one!!!!! Never recommeded to my worst enemy.

• Stayed: March 2010, traveled with family