“Overcharged my credit card and horrible service”

EconoLodge Sacramento North
Ranked #50 of 81 Hotels in Sacramento
Menlo Park, California
“Overcharged my credit card and horrible service”
Reviewed August 11, 2010

I stayed here for business over a few weeks in early 2009 and was surprised to see they charged hundreds of dollars to my credit card in August 2010! I haven't even visited the place in over a year and a half. The front desk told me that they had mistakenly charged 10,000 guests in 2009 and have been getting angry calls because they are just NOW rerunning the cards that they authorized in 2009. The service was terrible when I stayed there, but this beats it all.

• Stayed January 2009, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (39)
Springfield, Massachusetts
Reviewed August 8, 2010

I reserved a room at the last minute at this hotel and arrived in the afternoon before flying home. I had three young children (under 10) with me and we were all looking forward to a quick dip in the pool before finding dinner. The pool area was disgustingly dirty. There was something sticky all over the table and chairs, and the pool itself was cloudy. Within 30 minutes of checking in I went to the front desk and told them that I was not staying and asked to be checked out (expecting to not be charged for the room). Unfortuneatly, I did not receive any sort of confirmation of my checkout and ended up having to pay for the room after all. I would not recommend this hotel to anyone.

• Stayed June 2010, traveled with family
Riverside, California
Reviewed July 22, 2010

Just don"t do it. There are many better choices that this one. The place is FILTHY, After walking bare foot ( in room #230) for only about an hour we noticed our feet Please see the photo. They were BLACK. I haven"t seen my feet so dirty since I was 10 years old. The pool was cloudy and the Jacuzzi was dirty, cold and the jets don"t work. When asking the staff where we might find a nice Mexican restaurant they suggested Taco Bell? Are you kidding me? The then explained they (the staff) are Indian not Mexican? Nothing good about the place.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled as a couple
Dinuba
Reviewed March 22, 2010

Front desk clerk and a girl imposing as the manager, rude, couldnt get thier story strait on who was the manager. Delt with the matter very un professionally. Was not satisfied with quality of hotel. Dirty carpets. mold, ect. They charged my card before I even arrived and she mocked me that they charged it and i could do what ever i wanted. stay or not but they were getting paid either way. THE WORST SERVICE AND DIRTIEST HOTEL I'VE EVER CAME IN CONTACT WITH. Never stay there!!!! The clerks were laughing and speaking in thier native language so that we wouldn't understand. I thought quality inns were ok hotels. NOt this one!!!!! Never recommeded to my worst enemy.

• Stayed March 2010, traveled with family
Maple Valley, WA
Reviewed March 15, 2010

I choose to stay in Choice hotels because I know the brand and what I'm getting. I don't think we will be choosing them again after our experiance. Apparently they'll sell a franchise to anyone. We stayed here on an unexpected lay over in Sacramento on our way home from Phoenix.
The motel was very shabby (smells funny, ripped carpet, stains, and lots of hunter green and mauve) and unclean, (dried toothpaste in the sink and dried urine on toilet seat to start with) there was some sort of shaddy operation going on in the rooms around us, (guys loading and unloading merchandise from vans into and out of the rooms?) and the door locked, but wasn't at all sturdy. and it was LOUD. wow it was loud, cars, music, arguing, slamming doors. I suppose We could have asked for a differant room, but didn't percieve there would be any improvement, and we were just there for a few hours sleep before a flight. We chose this hotel because of the free airport shuttle, the manager Ashika, said she would bring us to the airport herself at 8am. We even reminded her about the time change. She never showed and we got there 40 minutes late. We missed our flight, and spent the whole day trying to get home. The manager does not take any responsibility, because, and I quote "it's not her fault the time changed" uh, are you kidding me? Absolutely horrible stay and unhelpful people. They are giving the Choice hotel brand a bad name, I'd hesitate before staying at any of them, cause you just can't count on what you are getting.

• Stayed March 2010, traveled with family
char7ie96
Reviewed January 17, 2010

Yuck!‎ - ‎ - Today
Pictures on the website made it look like the hotel was nice and clean and decent. That couldn't be further from the truth. First, we booked a room with a king size bed and upon check-in, we were told they didn't have a king size bed available. Upon check-out, we were charged the same price for a room with a king size bed. Spent 10 min or so explaining to the manager that I didn't get a king size bed. He kept insisting they didn't change anything and that they can change the rate any time. Um,no, I don't think so. Finally showed him my confirmation and after a few more minutes of back and forth, he gave me a credit for the difference. It's only $5 plus change, but it's the principle of it. I reserve a king sized bed, didn't get it then why should I have to pay more? If anything, I should've gotten an additional discount. As for the room. Yikes! It smelled bad, weird. We brought back some dinner and I barely ate my food as the smell in the room overpowered the food. I couldn't sleep and at one point, gagged and threw up in my mouth because the smell was so strong. The chairs were stained, the tub floor was stained, the curtain shower was ripped and coming off the rail, the coffee maker was dusty and upon closer inspection, it looked like the inside was burnt. And the room was tiny. I realize it's cheap but at least make some effort to make it smell nice and comfortable. And how about some clean furniture? The place is gross! Will never go back there again. I've stayed at better Quality Inns. This one is just plain disgusting! I couldn't wait to leave! Even the one night stay was unbearable! Whatever you do, DO NOT STAY!!! I wish there were a negative rating. This place doesn't even deserve a 1-star rating!

• Stayed January 2010, traveled as a couple
Fresno, California
Reviewed August 13, 2009

As others have said, it is a place to stay, and families should DEFINITELY look around first! There is nothing special about this motel at all, nor do they have refrigerators or microwaves in the rooms, not that I have seen, and I have stayed here at least 3 times in the last year. I can't really complain about anything, except maybe the TV is old? There is a coffee maker, iron, shampoo and soap, towels, and free wi-fi. It just doesn't even a slight "wow factor" about anything like most motels I have to stay at. This is Sacramento, there must be other motels that make you say "WOW"! ?Just my opnion......

• Stayed August 2009, traveled on business