“Awesome gem near the Capitol”

Inn off Capitol Park
Ranked #38 of 82 Hotels in Sacramento
Reviewed March 22, 2014

We stayed here last night and had a great check-in. The front desk person was delightful, even at 10 pm. She greeted us with cookies and even offered to walk us to the elevator. The morning continental breakfast was also a nice surprise - Starbucks coffee was a treat. My fiancée loved the New Leaf market cereals too.

Stayed: March 2014, traveled with friends

Reviewed February 21, 2014

Easy walk to Capitol office buildings. Small eateries nearby, nothing too fancy but they will keep you fed. The hotel provides a nice complimentary breakfast that offers: coffee, tea, cereals, baked goods, yogurt and fresh fruit. Internet access is free.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Clyde C
PCGeneralManager, Front Office Manager at Inn off Capitol Park, responded to this reviewResponded February 24, 2014

Dear Joe,

Reviewed January 7, 2014

We stayed here for a weekend on the recommendation of a cousin who lives in the area. It was a very convenient location for us. Easy to see the town but also to get on the highway to visit nearby sites. The room was very clean, small but comfortable. It came with a small refrigerator and a microwave which was great because we stayed in one-night eating leftovers and watched the Red Sox win the final game of the American League Championship series! Fun :-) A free breakfast is provided, but if you want/need a heartier breakfast, eat elsewhere.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
PCGeneralManager, Front Office Manager at Inn off Capitol Park, responded to this reviewResponded January 10, 2014

Dear Pigeon33,

Reviewed December 26, 2013

I've stayed twice at this hotel for meetings at a state government office, which is located just one block away. Other attendees stayed at hotels that were a cab ride away.
The accommodations were fine, the staff has been friendly and helpful, the parking is free (even this close in) and the prices are quite reasonable. They will match the state rate, too!
The Inn off Capitol Park is my choice for visits to Sacramento.

Room Tip: The Inn offers free breakfast, but there's no restaurant at the Inn. There are good places to ea...
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled on business
PCGeneralManager, Manager at Inn off Capitol Park, responded to this reviewResponded January 6, 2014

Dear TK_SantaCruz,

Reviewed November 17, 2013 via mobile

I made a reservation for 2 beds and 2 people for a busy time well ahead of time. I even called to make sure our government rate would be honored. To my surprise, the reservation was changed to 1 bed. Since they were booked they offered a rollaway to be placed while we were at dinner. Came back - no rollaway. They then tried to place us in a room behind the ice machine from hades. I have always loved this place. Too bad they don't honor their commitments. At least at they Hyatt and Hilton you can earn points! Never again. The little gem has become a lump of coal.

Stayed: November 2013, traveled on business
2  Thank KikiHancock
PCGeneralManager, Front Office Manager at Inn off Capitol Park, responded to this reviewResponded November 21, 2013

Dear KikiHancock,

Thank you for taking the time to complete our online survey regarding your recent stay at Inn Off Capitol Park, an Ascend Hotel Collection Member.

Allow me to apologize on behalf of our hotel for failing to meet your expectations regarding the room type and roll away bed you received on your recent visit. I have shared your feedback with maintenance and front desk staff to ensure we handle these types of situations differently in the future.
Again, thank you for your time and valuable feedback. We sincerely appreciate it and hope you will give us another chance to provide you with superior service and accommodations on your next visit to Sacramento.

Reviewed November 7, 2013

Being from Sacramento, I wanted something that was centrally located and not too expensive. I had never stayed here before and decided to give it a try. I thoroughly enjoyed my stay here. It is in the middle of midtown. Close to just about everything midtown/downtown has to offer.
The staff was great. Rooms were clean and the room had a window you could open for fresh air.
On my next vacation back I will definitely stay here!

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 15, 2013

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled solo
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com