WINNER WONDERLAND

Ranked #36 of 81 Hotels in Sacramento
Santa Cruz, California
“Location Counts”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 26, 2013

I've stayed twice at this hotel for meetings at a state government office, which is located just one block away. Other attendees stayed at hotels that were a cab ride away.
The accommodations were fine, the staff has been friendly and helpful, the parking is free (even this close in) and the prices are quite reasonable. They will match the state rate, too!
The Inn off Capitol Park is my choice for visits to Sacramento.

Room Tip: The Inn offers free breakfast, but there's no restaurant at the Inn. There are good places to ea...
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
PCGeneralManager, Manager at Inn off Capitol Park, responded to this review, January 6, 2014
Dear TK_SantaCruz,

916.447.8100

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (24)
CA
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 17, 2013 via mobile

I made a reservation for 2 beds and 2 people for a busy time well ahead of time. I even called to make sure our government rate would be honored. To my surprise, the reservation was changed to 1 bed. Since they were booked they offered a rollaway to be placed while we were at dinner. Came back - no rollaway. They then tried to place us in a room behind the ice machine from hades. I have always loved this place. Too bad they don't honor their commitments. At least at they Hyatt and Hilton you can earn points! Never again. The little gem has become a lump of coal.

Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
2 Thank KikiHancock
PCGeneralManager, Front Office Manager at Inn off Capitol Park, responded to this review, November 21, 2013
Dear KikiHancock,

Thank you for taking the time to complete our online survey regarding your recent stay at Inn Off Capitol Park, an Ascend Hotel Collection Member.

Allow me to apologize on behalf of our hotel for failing to meet your expectations regarding the room type and roll away bed you received on your recent visit. I have shared your feedback with maintenance and front desk staff to ensure we handle these types of situations differently in the future.
Again, thank you for your time and valuable feedback. We sincerely appreciate it and hope you will give us another chance to provide you with superior service and accommodations on your next visit to Sacramento.

Houston, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 7, 2013

Being from Sacramento, I wanted something that was centrally located and not too expensive. I had never stayed here before and decided to give it a try. I thoroughly enjoyed my stay here. It is in the middle of midtown. Close to just about everything midtown/downtown has to offer.
The staff was great. Rooms were clean and the room had a window you could open for fresh air.
On my next vacation back I will definitely stay here!

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
Eastvale, CA
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 21, 2013

This is a nice little full service hotel within safe walking distance of downtown Sacramento and the Capitol. They offer a free breakfast, newspaper and computer / printer access and even had an iPhone charger to borrow since I forgot mine.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
Redding, California
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 9, 2013 via mobile

What a great surprise-! We travel to Sacramento a couple times a year for concerts and this was the perfect location. We usually stay at the Best Western but were on a budget this trip so I searched and searched for a deal. Little did I know I'd found a gem! Walking distance to Ace of Spades or a $5 cab fare. Nice room. Bath & Body Works products. Free parking. Good linens and soft pillows. Air conditioning worked great on this hot 111* day-! Free breakfast was a bonus. At all the hotel sites I checked on, I got a better rate booking with the hotel directly. Pre-payed for the room and got a $20 discount. Friendly staff. We will be staying here again-!

Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank ladykeepsmiling
PCGeneralManager, Manager at Inn off Capitol Park, responded to this review, June 11, 2013
Dear Ladykeepsmiling,

Newbury Park, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 5, 2013

This was a nice hotel to stay at as we were doing a road trip from Seattle down to San Diego. I liked the decor and the rooms were clean. It's in a quiet area which is nice, we were able to get a lot of rest before we got back on the road. I would recommend this hotel as it is in a great location.

Stayed March 2013, traveled with family