“Went from first to worst” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Inn off Capitol Park

Inn off Capitol Park
Ranked #35 of 82 Hotels in Sacramento
CA
“Went from first to worst”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 17, 2013 via mobile

I made a reservation for 2 beds and 2 people for a busy time well ahead of time. I even called to make sure our government rate would be honored. To my surprise, the reservation was changed to 1 bed. Since they were booked they offered a rollaway to be placed while we were at dinner. Came back - no rollaway. They then tried to place us in a room behind the ice machine from hades. I have always loved this place. Too bad they don't honor their commitments. At least at they Hyatt and Hilton you can earn points! Never again. The little gem has become a lump of coal.

Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
2 Thank KikiHancock
PCGeneralManager, Front Office Manager at Inn off Capitol Park, responded to this review, November 21, 2013
Dear KikiHancock,

Thank you for taking the time to complete our online survey regarding your recent stay at Inn Off Capitol Park, an Ascend Hotel Collection Member.

Allow me to apologize on behalf of our hotel for failing to meet your expectations regarding the room type and roll away bed you received on your recent visit. I have shared your feedback with maintenance and front desk staff to ensure we handle these types of situations differently in the future.
Again, thank you for your time and valuable feedback. We sincerely appreciate it and hope you will give us another chance to provide you with superior service and accommodations on your next visit to Sacramento.

Kind Regards,

Patrick Dunne-Phillips
Front Desk Manager
Royal Guest Hotels
916.447.8100

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (24)
Houston, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 7, 2013

Being from Sacramento, I wanted something that was centrally located and not too expensive. I had never stayed here before and decided to give it a try. I thoroughly enjoyed my stay here. It is in the middle of midtown. Close to just about everything midtown/downtown has to offer.
The staff was great. Rooms were clean and the room had a window you could open for fresh air.
On my next vacation back I will definitely stay here!

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
Eastvale, CA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2013

This is a nice little full service hotel within safe walking distance of downtown Sacramento and the Capitol. They offer a free breakfast, newspaper and computer / printer access and even had an iPhone charger to borrow since I forgot mine.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
Redding, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 9, 2013 via mobile

What a great surprise-! We travel to Sacramento a couple times a year for concerts and this was the perfect location. We usually stay at the Best Western but were on a budget this trip so I searched and searched for a deal. Little did I know I'd found a gem! Walking distance to Ace of Spades or a $5 cab fare. Nice room. Bath & Body Works products. Free parking. Good linens and soft pillows. Air conditioning worked great on this hot 111* day-! Free breakfast was a bonus. At all the hotel sites I checked on, I got a better rate booking with the hotel directly. Pre-payed for the room and got a $20 discount. Friendly staff. We will be staying here again-!

Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank ladykeepsmiling
PCGeneralManager, Manager at Inn off Capitol Park, responded to this review, June 11, 2013
Dear Ladykeepsmiling,

Kind Regards,

Patrick Dunne-Phillips
Front Desk Manager
Royal Guest Hotels
916.447.8100
Newbury Park, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 5, 2013

This was a nice hotel to stay at as we were doing a road trip from Seattle down to San Diego. I liked the decor and the rooms were clean. It's in a quiet area which is nice, we were able to get a lot of rest before we got back on the road. I would recommend this hotel as it is in a great location.

Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Leicestershire, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 4, 2013

You get what you pay for. As our stay in Sacramento was a mere overnight stopover on our way to Yosemite, we hadn’t splashed out a great deal on a hotel room, and it showed – the room was small and pretty run-down, not somewhere we wanted to spend a lot of time. However, it was clean and it did for us. The rooms are laid-out motel-style, opening out onto a large central area where the breakfast included in the room rate is served. We managed to find a parking space in the limited space available, but you have to be quick.

Not a great place to stay, but for what we needed it for, it was okay.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 stars
    • 2 of 5 stars
    • 5 of 5 stars
Also consider these accommodations in or near Sacramento
Quality Inn Downtown
Rodeway Inn West Sacramento
Rodeway Inn West Sacramento
#5 of 15 in West Sacramento
3.5 of 5 stars 79 reviews

Been to Inn off Capitol Park? Share your experiences!