“Nice place to stay”

Ranked #24 of 81 Hotels in Sacramento
Victorville
“Nice place to stay”
Reviewed September 27, 2013

We spent two nights here when we dropped off our son at UC Davis. Nice clean section of town right next to a couple of hospitals. You will see people in medical scrubs walking to/from work outside. We reserved the room via AAA website and got a good weekend rate. The reservation was for two queen beds but when when we showed up, they had us with one King bed. Not a problem, they fixed us right up in no time. Room was nice, roomy, and clean. Nice place to stay. Check out the large touch-screen TV as you enter the hotel.

Room Tip: We had a room on the third floor, two doors down from the elevator. We did not have a problem with n...
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
KFinerman-GM, General Manager at Courtyard Sacramento Midtown, responded to this review, September 29, 2013
Thank you for your review of the Courtyard Sacramento at UCDavis Medical Center. We appreciate that you took the time to recognize our staff and your accommodations. Isn't the Go Board screen in our lobby great? We can help search restaurants and points of interest and print directions right from there! Thank you for staying with us-we hope to welcome you back soon!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (41)
Palo Alto, California
Reviewed September 10, 2013

The hotel and lobby are updated and new looking. The staff is very friendly and eager to please. Once you step in the elevators you go back in time (about 10 years). The rooms are out dated with old tile, moldy bathrooms and aged carpets. It's slowly being updated according to a staff member but I felt a little tricked with the initial view.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank Christopher G
KFinerman-GM, General Manager at Courtyard Sacramento Midtown, responded to this review, October 6, 2013
Thank you for your review of the Courtard Sacramento Midtown. We appreciate the recognition of the friendliness of our staff! Our lobby was renovated with the addition of the Courtyard Refreshing Bistro, which offers a great variety of options for breakfast, lunch and dinner as well as a full bar and nice seating options for relaxing or meeting others in a comfortable setting. The guest rooms and hallways are due for a complete transformation and will soon match the newness of the lobby. In the meantime, we work hard to maintain a high level of cleanliness as evaluated by our guests and quality assurance inspectors. We hope to welcome you back to the Courtyard Sacramento Midtown and look forward to your feedback on the new rooms!
Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
Reviewed September 7, 2013

Stay here 3 nights checking in and out every day . Every time returning I was greeted with smile and people that did seem to be enjoying them self. The first night stay the room really wasn't that great .When I was asked at checkout how things were I told them .The manager was there and made things right .This is a sure sign of a hotel being managed correctly. Ate at the Bistro every night , a bit pricey but the food was always hot and fresh. It would have been nice having a to-go cup in the room for coffee when I would leave the room.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed August 19, 2013

I traveled to Sacramento to be with my Dad while he had surgery at UC Davis Med Center.The Courtyard is about a half a block from door to door for UCD...very convenient! There isnt much else around the Courtyard. I ate most meals at The Bistro restaurant in the hotel. The food was good and the prices were not that bad.The staff was great, very friendly and accommodating.

Room Tip: The first night I stayed in a room, on the second floor, with an AC that sounded like a freight trai...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
SF Bay Area
Reviewed August 18, 2013

The hotel is within a block of the U C Davis Hospital. We found the staff to be very friendly and helpful. I think the hotel needs upgrades in several areas such as beds, water pressure in the shower, the desk chair, etc.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Lookout Mountain, GA
Reviewed August 15, 2013

Tracey greeted me with a bright smile and very nice friendly service. It's true that your first impressions count and this Marriott has a gem in their front desk person Tracey! My room was nice with a comfy bed and easy temp. control. They were doing some cleaning etc of the outside so part of the front lot was roped off but didn't effect much. I got there around noon so was early to check in but Tracey found a room by going the extra mile to call house keeping and find rooms just cleaned, then gave me some options. I unpacked then down to the nice pool with towels provided. Got a choice of complementary drink or appetizer as a Marriott member NICE. After I had my drink at the bar I walked over to the hospital and got a very nice salad bar dinner at the cafeteria. Really it took me about 3 minute to walk across the street to UC Davis. There were plenty of dinner options that all looked good and a nice alternative to hotel food if you ask me (much cheaper to boot). The only complaint I have was during my seminar the next day they were doing some renovation on the other side of the wall that was very loud with pounding and scraping. They had constructed a partial wall for the construction and it just wasn't adequate to keep out the sound. Otherwise I would stay here again.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
Manteca, California
Reviewed August 7, 2013

This hotel is surrounded by medical buildings and a hospital. No restaurants are within walking distance. We took a cab 3 miles to Arden Fair to eat and it cost us 23.00. Front desk staff was nice but bar and coffee bar staff were somewhat rude and ignored you until you said EXCUSE ME... Rooms were a bit dated and not up to Marriott standards in my opinion.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business