“Great Place to Stay”

Courtyard Sacramento Midtown
Ranked #22 of 82 Hotels in Sacramento
Reviewed March 19, 2013

My mother and I stayed at the Courtyard by Marriott in Sacramento Midtown while visiting my son who lives in Sacramento. We were given a wonderful handicap room that was extremely clean and comfortable. The staff at the hotel were very professional and friendly. The fitness center was great. The hotel is convenient to UC Davis Medical Center and many places to visit in town. I would highly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
CourtyardSacram... M, General Manager at Courtyard Sacramento Midtown, responded to this reviewResponded April 12, 2013

Thank you so much for your positive review of the Courtyard by Marriott Sacramento Midtown! Our staff loves to see recommendations from satisfied guests after their stay here with us! We all work hard to provide professional and friendly service to all of our guests and that they are welcomed to clean and comfortable rooms. Thank you so much for taking the time to tell others that the Courtyard by Marriott Sacramento Midtown is a "Great Place to Stay"-we so appreciate your review!

Reviewed March 13, 2013

When I arrived at the Marriott Courtyard, I was in so much shock to receive information that my loved one was just admitted into the hospital at University of Davis after being in a horrible vehicle accident. Doctors told me later on that I was lucky he was still living and still alive, which he is to this day. There is one person that made this life altering events a positive one that made this experience essay, he checked my family into this hotel and his name was John K (do not remember his last name). From the time of check-in to the time of checkout, he would take the time to stop my family or I to see how he was doing while in ICU. Remembering such great he remembered detail at check-in alone just shows you how much detail remember along with the rest of the staff. Granted their staff went above and beyond, John stood out the most to my family, while checking on the man that meant the most out of my life. Because of this man alone, I will go out of my way to stay at this hotel again. Thank you john, personally from the bottom of my heart, for doing everything you did to make the best out of such a tragic situation into something I will remember for the rest of my life. Marriott, you should feel honored to have such a great employee working for you.

Room Tip: Ask John for any information, he knows so much!!
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
CourtyardSacram... M, General Manager at Courtyard Sacramento Midtown, responded to this reviewResponded March 15, 2013

Thank you for your review of the Courtyard Sacramento at UCDavis Medical Center. With our location, we often have guests in situations such as yours and are so pleased that our staff assisted you during your stay. Your comments will be posted so our staff will be recognized for providing service to you while your were with us. We hope to welcome you back under better circumstances and we thank you for choosing the Courtyard Sacramento at UCDavis Medical Center.

Reviewed January 17, 2013

I am so thankfull. My husband was having surgery at uc davis. We had to stay all week. They were able to meet my request. I had my 2 boys with me. The staff was awesome to me and my kids Richard thank you for treating my sons so nice. Jennifer thank you for being so helpful. The extra blanket s were so warm. Norma thank you for cleaning our room so great. Thank you John for taking care of us . I had a complaint and they took care of it asap. I am so thankful. I would so stay here again. I will now be a faithful customer. My husband are already planning a trip down here in a few months. Thank you so the whole Courtyard Marriott Staff.

• Stayed: January 2013
CourtyardSacram... M, General Manager at Courtyard Sacramento Midtown, responded to this reviewResponded January 25, 2013

Thank you so much for your review of the Courtyard by Marriott Sacramento Midtown. We so appreciate that you took the time to recognize our staff efforts to make your stay comfortable. We will look forward to welcoming you back to the Courtyard Sacramento Midtown soon!

Reviewed December 27, 2012

Excelent hotel spacious roomd. Excelent assistance by the personal Clean roomd and just accross the street Of shirners hospital and uc Davis medical center.
No restaurant by the time se beben there only a cafetería

• Stayed: December 2012
Reviewed December 26, 2012

Me & my two friends chose this hotel because of an event that was near by.
As we got there, there was a small problem.
Our reservation was cancelled, and the lady at the front desk was desperately trying to get us a room, and she finally did!
Once me & my friends arrived at the rooms, they were spotless and I mean SPOTLESS! The beds were neatly made, and the bathroom looked as if it hadnt been touched. We dropped off our luggage, and went downstairs for breakfast. The lady who took our order was very generous & the other woman that brought our breakfast to the table was really nice as well! Did I mention they have TV's at your table? It's mad I tell you! (Yes, I'm British!) We were amazingly impressed with the service, and the food itself!
There was one more problem, me and my friends were getting ready for the event and the cleaning lady walked right in. My friend was in a towel, and she screamed as she saw the woman walk in. I definitely think they should knock before entering, I mean.. Ever heard of privacy?
Anyways, we checked out the next day without any problems.
If I ever go to California again, I will definitely stay here again!
Massive thank you to everyone there! You made my trip a success! Much love xx

• Stayed: February 2012
Reviewed December 25, 2012

We have stayed here twice on road trips and both times we were impressed by the attentive staff and quiet relaxing feel of this Courtyard. With the addition of the bistro, it was a perfect stay for us after a very long drive from Palm Desert. The suite room was just what we requested and was clean, quiet, and spacious. The pool was not busy and we enjoyed the hot tub as well. Will stay here again when we are in the area.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed November 15, 2012

1. I was in Sacremento on buisness, the hotel is across the street from the hospital.
2. I was able to upgrade to the King Size suite which was actually cheaper based on my companys corporate rate, and It had a full size kitchen. Perfect !! I was able to host a taco night and feed 6 people. Richard the maintence guy was also extremely friendly they brought up an extra table and four chairs for my co-workers.
3. Check In was a breeze (maybe I should have said that first) The check in guy John was like a personal assistant to me. He was to tell us where the locals eat several times, send my bags to the room and route me to the nearest grocery store.
4. Breakfast was readily available every morning.
5. Free Internet
6. I was able to watch Bravo and all the housewives!!
7. The beds were soft.
8. Josphine my housekeeper was fantastic. She lined up my fingernail polish neatly just to say the least.
9. Guest services moves very quickly if you need something , there is no wait time.
10. Perfect vacation stay.

Room Tip: Its easy to get around in Sacremento, If you are a traveling family I suggest getting the King Studi...
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business
KFinerman-GM, General Manager at Courtyard Sacramento Midtown, responded to this reviewResponded November 26, 2012

Thank you for your nice review of the Courtyard by Marriott Sacramento Midtown! As a new General Manager, we are working to have every guest enjoy their stay as you did. Our new Lobby features a Bistro with food service for breakfast, lunch and dinner and a full bar. We have studio suites with kitchens-especially helpful for guests staying with us for multiple nights. Our location at the UCDavis Medical Center Campus and Shriner's Hospital is also very convenient to downtown Sacramento and points East on Highway 50-Sac State, Rancho Cordova. Our front desk staff has local information available and we will soon have a map of locally recommended restaurants in the surrounding area-Sacramento has many different meetings. Complimentary Internet, a Business Center and a Boarding Pass printing area allow guests to stay connected while staying here. Our guests also like the Paul Mitchell products we now feature in our guest rooms-shampoo, conditioner and body wash. Thanks again for your comments! We look forward to welcoming you back to the Courtyard Sacramento Midtown!