“Walking distance to uc davis med center”

Courtyard Sacramento Midtown
Ranked #21 of 83 Hotels in Sacramento
Reviewed June 28, 2012 via mobile

This hotel is walking distance to uc davis medical center and there is free parking. The rooms are standard courtyard marriott rooms. The staff was very friendly helpful and warm. The pool and hot tub were very nice and very well-maintained.

• Stayed: June 2012
Management response:Responded July 6, 2012

Thank you for giving us such a great review on TripAdvisor!
Our goal is for our guests to checkout having had a positive experience.
So I am pleased that you found our location to be convenient and that the staff was accommodating. Our entire staff takes great pride in exceeding guests' expectations and I will be sure to share your comments with them.

Thank you again for your recent stay and for taking the time to share your feedback. We look forward to seeing you again.

Reviewed May 10, 2012

You stay here because you have a dear friend/loved one undergoing medical treatment and
confined to the Hospital for a period of time. The property is the closest and nicest acceptable
lodging to the U.C. Davis Med. Ctr....avery walk able (short 2 blocks) to the mail facility front door. This location lets you come and go with ease several times a day to see the patient and
your car stays right in the Free hotel parking lot. The lobby is most inviting (a touch of 'W' hotel ambiance) with the Bistro serving food & beverages (morning to evening). The Bistro setting
is very comfortable with an aura of fresh & new. They offer creative meal selections and a full bar.The staff is friendly and attentive. Rooms are typical for this level of facility, adequate in
size and amenities with the only shortcoming being the adjoining room doors (mid-wall) which,
as we know, adversly affect the noise attenuation; in short, I could hear the guy next door on the phone. When you are concerned about and ill friend or family member, you don't need and hassels at a hotel....they seem to know that and there were none. Rates are reasonable and a discount given if the Med. Center is involved.

Room Tip: There are 2 rooms per floor without adjoining doors..ask to get one.
  • Stayed: May 2012, traveled with family
Elizabeth G, Front Office Manager at Courtyard Sacramento Midtown, responded to this reviewResponded May 21, 2012

Dear Guest:

Thank you for choosing the Courtyard by Marriott Sacramento Midtown and for giving us such a great review on TripAdvisor! We appreciate your comments regarding our newly renovated lobby, our on site Bistro and our impressive front desk service. We accommodate a lot of guests that are out here to visit someone over at UC Davis, such as yourself. So we understand how important it is for you to have a comfortable and quiet room as well as attentive staff. I am very pleased to hear that our staff was very welcoming and accommodating to you through out your stay. Our entire staff takes great pride in exceeding guests' expectations and I will be sure to share your comments with them.

Next time you stay with us we will be sure to put you a quieter room that does not adjoin to another room.

Thank you again for your recent stay and for taking the time to share your feedback. We look forward to seeing you again soon, the next time you're in the Sacramento area.

Reviewed May 4, 2012

I have stayed at this hotel with my special needs son many times this year because he has had appointments at UC Davis, and I always feel very welcome. The staff remembers me and always asks about my son, which means a lot to me. They go above and beyond to help. The restaurant has been under construction, but it hasn't disrupted things very much, except that there are a couple of parking spaces in the back that are taken up by dumpsters, but other than that you wouldn't know that anything is going on. The food is still available and the tables inside the lobby are never all taken. The guest rooms are always very clean and comfortable, and my personal favorite is the iPod dock on the alarm clocks. That frees up my iPhone charger so that I can use it for the iPad instead. There are large flat screen tvs in each room, and unlike a lot of places there is a wide variety of programming available. I come to the hotel each time knowing that everything will be just the way I need it to be for my son, and that is really important to me.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled with family

Dear Guest:

Thank you for being a loyal guest at the Courtyard by Marriott Sacramento Midtown and for giving us such a great review on TripAdvisor! We appreciate your comments regarding our clean rooms, our on site Bistro and our impressive front desk staff.
Our entire staff takes great pride in recognizing return guests and exceeding guests' expectations. I am very pleased with the level of service that you consistently receive when you stay here and I am happy to be able to share your comments with the staff.

Also, I am happy to tell you that the dumpsters are gone and all of the amenities that you love are still here!

Thank you again for being a loyal guest and for taking the time to share your feedback. It is our goal to continue to provide you with the excellent service, that you have come to expect from us. We look forward to seeing you again soon.

Reviewed April 20, 2012

I like this hotel because of its proximity to Sacramento City College and the music venue I will be performing at. Being a traveling musician, I live out of a suitcase and I really enjoy a hotel I can relax at and get some downtime. This hotel accomplishes all of this.l

It has a comfortable ambiance and the staff and workers are very helpful. The beds are extra comfortable and the parking is more than adequate. UC Davis Medical Facilities are located adjacent to the hotel as well as the Shriner's Children Hospital which makes it an excellent place for families of patients to stay.

I would definitely give this hotel two thumbs up and come back again.

Room Tip: Every room is a good room. The bed is what makes this hotel my favorite. If you want comfort and sle...
  • Stayed: April 2012, traveled on business

Dear Guest:

Thank you for giving us such a great review on TripAdvisor!
Our goal is for our guests to checkout having had a positive experience.
So I am pleased that you found your room clean and comfortable and that the staff was accommodating. Our entire staff takes great pride in exceeding guests' expectations and I will be sure to share your comments with them.

Reviewed March 24, 2012

We have family nearby and there are good places to get nourishment (Gunthers, Old Soul coffee), so it works for us. Don't know why these chains who seek budget conscious travelers don't to the free breakfast.

Stayed: March 2012

Dear Guest:

Thank you for your recent stay and for taking the time to post a review on TripAdvisor! Please accept my sincerest apologies for your dissatisfaction with our complimentary coffee. We are committed to exceeding our guests’ expectations and anything less is simply unacceptable to us. I will be sharing your comments with our staff in order to make necessary improvements.

Thank you again for choosing Courtyard by Marriott Sacramento Midtown and for sharing your feedback! We look forward to being your "go-to hotel" in the Sacramento area.
If there is anything that I may do to assist you on your next stay with us, please feel free to contact me at any time.

Reviewed March 3, 2012

I stayed recently for a business trip and, while the staff is very professional and nice, the place is simply average. Unless you're staying there for convenience to business in the area, I'd recommend looking elsewhere.

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled on business

Thank you for choosing the Courtyard by Marriott Sacramento Midtown and for taking the time to share your feedback with us on TripAdvisor! Our goal is to provide all of our guests with a "5 Star" experience and find that guest feedback is our most valuable tool in helping us meet this goal. We would greatly appreciate your advice on how we can achieve our 5 Star goal in the future, if you can find some time in your busy schedule.

I am very pleased to hear that you found our staff to be professional and attentive. Our entire staff takes great pride in exceeding guests' expectations and I will be sure to share your comments with them.

Thank you again for your time and for choosing the Courtyard by Marriott Sacramento Midtown! We look forward to seeing you again in the future.

Reviewed January 27, 2012

The hotel is very convienent to UC Davis surgery centers and hospitals. Rooms are clean, a bit dated, but comfortable. New linens and Tv's are nice. There is a cafe that sells slightly above average food and starbucks coffee. This is a nice to have. The hotel is within walking distance to good places to eat. A solid choice for busisness or stays for medical related purposes.

• Stayed: January 2012, traveled on business
Elizabeth G, Manager at Courtyard Sacramento Midtown, responded to this reviewResponded February 7, 2012

I am glad that your stay was both comfortable and enjoyable. We appreciate you taking the time to tell us about your positive experience here at the hotel. We hope that next time your in the area you will choose to stay with us again.

Front Office Manager