“Capitol Dawg cuts the mustard!”
Review of Capitol Dawg - CLOSED

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Capitol Dawg
Cuisines: American, Fast Food
Elk Grove, California
“Capitol Dawg cuts the mustard!”
Reviewed February 9, 2012

Went here for lunch (2/2012) and I loved every bite. They have a variety of choices and you can substitute or add as much as you want. Friendly staff and average prices. Cool little place I've always driven by but never stopped for, but now I will come back for sure. They even have veto-dogs and corn dogs. I had the Chicago Dog or prop 51 dog and it was very good accompanied by sweet potatoe fries. Stop by and enjoy!!

Sacramento, California
“Pretty good dog.”
Reviewed December 30, 2011

Nothing fancy here, but it's a pretty good dog. The prices are very reasonable. Not a place you would want to linger, just get you food, eat, and get out.

Sacramento, California
“A Dawg like no other in Sactown”
Reviewed December 20, 2011

Arriving in early afternoon for late lunch, my friend and I had a El Senador and Tower Dog. The seating was squirrely as most seating is outside. A small place reasonably priced with alot of personality. Parking is a bit spartan but doable. Our Thursday arrival let us stay for the $2 specials. Make way for garlic fries! Once seated, we had a great time and the dogs were delish.

Sacramento, CA
“Tasty hot dogs, yummy garlic fries and onion rings!”
Reviewed December 2, 2011

My hubby and I have had our shares of Costco hot dogs, hot dogs in the ballparks, hot dogs at an air show, and hot dogs in amusement parks.  It's our first time going to a hot dog specialty joint, thanks to Groupon.  We had a really good time.  The menu made for some tough decisions since we wanted to try everything but we knew our eyes were bigger than our stomachs.  My hubby likes pastrami and he also didn't want to miss out on the dawg so he got the Cats Dawg which has pastrami and sauerkraut.  I spent so much time looking at the menu but ended up getting just a turkey dawg with ketchup, mustard, lettuce and tomato.  I plan to be more adventurous next time!  We did try two sides: garlic fries and onion rings...I have to say I was worried they would be either too salty, too fried, too much seasoning or too huge of a portion but they were none of the above.  The garlic fries satisfied our love of garlic without going overboard.  The onion rings were probably among the best I have ever tasted.  I thought both sides were quite "light" and didn't leave us with a greasy, heavy feeling especially since we came here for dinner.  With or without groupons, we will be visiting again!!  By the way, we both appreciated the customer service.  The lady who took our orders was patient with us considering we were a bit overwhelmed with the menu, and being first-timers, we just had a lot of questions.  She didn't make us feel rushed.  We eat out a lot at both "a hole in the wall" places and also fine dining restaurants and we have had our share of bad customer service.  No such problem here.  Thanks Capitol Dawg!

1 Thank mlnrp
Sacramento
“Local Favorite”
Reviewed December 2, 2011

What a cheap, filling meal? This is the place. Vegetarian? You can get a veggie dog. You can build your own dog. The walls are filled with signed celebrity photos at this Sacramento Landmark. The menu is varied and has something for everyone. You'll love the names of some of these dogs. So, for under $10 you can get a huge specialty dog, a side of fries and a bottomless drink. They also serve alcohol.

Look for a discount coupon in the Entertainment Book and check for specials (they were running a $2 dog, $2 fries and $2 ice cream from 4-6PM on a couple of weeknights.