“Capital stage fans? After the show, try the mac and cheese.”

58 Degrees & Holding Company
Ranked #167 of 2,023 Restaurants in Sacramento
Dining options: Late Night
Dining options: Late Night
Reviewed June 17, 2014

great place with great wine, beer and food. We like to go here after we see a play at the Capital Stage in Mid Town. Great service, great place to unwind.

There are newer reviews for 58 Degrees & Holding Company

Reviewed May 13, 2014

This is a fantastic wine bar with an attached wine shop. There is a bar top, high tables, and couches inside and more tables outside. All of the servers have been very friendly and knowledgeable about the wines. I tell them what I like and they recommend different wines for me. They will also let me taste them before I commit to a glass too and that is nice. If I ever want to go somewhere for a glass of wine, this is where I would come

Reviewed May 1, 2014

Unique little place in Midtown - went there with boss for dinner - older crowd - and nicer crowd to watch - food was great - appetizers and main course - service was great - noise level was low - just all round great place to chill, eat, watch and drink
Charcuterie appetizer was awesome - mustard etc was great
Bruschetta was awesome also
Hanger Steak was great as well

Reviewed April 28, 2014

Came here for a glass of wine -- to puruse TripAdvisor/Yelp/UrbanSpoon for a restaurant to eat at later (not being Sacromentoites). We were immediately struck by the interesting selections (Sauv Blanc from Loire Valley, Pinot Noir from Germany) as well as some we were familiar with (at least the regions if not the producers). All the wines were tasty and complex!

They have an integrated wine store which you can purchase from at a discount to the restaurant prices. And we did! (Though not to drink there.)

Pierre, who works for the store in "wine education" was incredibly well-informed for his years and a delight to talk to about wine, wine styles, regions, cultures, etc. So a real find there -- congrats owners! But it didn't stop there because several of the other bartender/waiters we spoke with throughout the evening (I will explain) we're almost as knowledgeable.

While we were doing the above perusing of other restaurants, we noticed the menu at this establishment and were immediately intrigued!

A charcuterie of homemade pate (salmon tonight), prosciutto di parma, a salami from Oregon, a coppa from San Francsco (Molinari), a laura chenel goat cheese, some homemade onion jam and cornichons with a course mustard. For $11. I kid you not. And plenty for two people.

We also ended up ordering the house made Yukon-gold gnocchi with English pea puree (and fresh peas) ($10) with the added pork belly ($5) for a delicious dish and again an outstanding portion of pork belly that made us say, "are you kidding?". Needed a little salt to complete it but otherwise stellar.

Finally a trio of interesting bruschettas (choose 3 from a selection of six) were outstanding for the creativity, execution and control over the ingredients. And two generously laden croutons of each means 6 pieces for $9. Again, outstanding value and quality ingredients in every dish.

As you can see, we never made it to any of the restaurants we wanted to check out because we were having too much fun with a great menu (and not just ho-hum tapas) that really paired beautifully with some well chosen wines from many regions.

In short, this place CARES. About the wine, about the food, about the value and all about the CUSTOMER. Thank you -- you guys really hit on all cylinders and amazed and delighted us.

WE WILL BE BACK.

2  Thank William F
Reviewed November 19, 2013

There aren't enough late night spots for grown ups in Sacramento. Thank goodness for 58 Degrees & Holding Co.
With their warm, clubby atmosphere (industrial/rustic) eclectic wine selection, great glassware and sophisticated service, 58 degrees is a great spot to wind down for the evening.
My husband and I stopped in on a cool November evening for dessert wines and dessert, and found both to be more than satisfactory.
I had a 20 yr. old Tawny Port and my husband enjoyed an incredible Sauternes. We'll be back for another glass of that!
The desserts were first-rate. Mine was particularly inventive - listed as a Espresso Toffee, the presentation was charming, in a classy version of a spring-loaded mason jar, it held a delicate Espresso panna cotta topped with toffee sprinkles and a drizzle of chocolate sauce. Two triangle cookies garnished the plate. They were a variant on a toll-house cookie, moister and more delicate than any toll house cookie I've had in the past.
My husband had a flourless chocolate torte drizzled with caramel. The flavors were spot-on, complimenting one another, instead of being overpowering.
We will be back soon at 58 Degrees to enjoy a meal. The menu was enticing and of course, there's always something good from the cellar!

1  Thank Mystralle