“Really well done... every time”
Review of Magpie Cafe - MOVED

Magpie Cafe
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Description: In 2005, Ed Roehr and Janel Inouye started Magpie with a simple idea - that more sustainable food options can be made readily available to the community, and found within the community. Over the years this idea has grown, and so has the Magpie Family. Magpie café is located in the LEED Certified 16 Powerhouse building at 16th and P Streets with a large patio that overlooks Fremont Park. We have a full bar to compliment the wine and beer lists. We offer menus inspired by the fresh, high-quality ingredients available to us seasonally, with an emphasis on those from the Central Valley and Northern California. The casual atmosphere, interesting food and attentive service are what we have come to be known and appreciated for. The Yellow-Billed Magpie is native to the Sacramento area, and is the only bird found solely on the California mainland. It is easily identifiable by its bright yellow bill and contrasting black and white coloration. We aim to be like our namesake bird - familiar, yet unique - a distinctive part of our community.
Reviewed June 19, 2013

Prior to last night I have only been there for lunch but last night we had dinner. The meals are tasty, healthy and prepared with a lot of care. We love this place.

There are newer reviews for Magpie Cafe

Reviewed May 28, 2013

This small cafe & catering place in nestled on Rst, in between 14th & 15th streets in Sacramento. The food is always fresh, locally sourced & delicious! The staff is awesome, very friendly. We have never had a less an excellent meal here. If you are ever in Sacramento, check them out! My favorite breakfast/brunch is the chicory salad with bacon but I love everything on the seasonal menus!

1  Thank EmilyandAndy
Reviewed May 23, 2013

First time in Sacramento and not knowing where to go for a great dinner. Thanks to my friends on trip advisor, we chose Magpie. How I wished I lived in Sacramento, I would live at this place, it is beyond description but I'll try. My wife and I split the mussels and have to say some of the best ever...they were awesome and had to hold myself back from ordering it a second time. For our entree we had the pork chop I had to say I was picking every morsel off the bone it was that great. For desert I am not very much into vegan but the offer of a chocolate/avocado desert had to be tried. I could not believe how great it was,I would have never thought it would taste so good. You gotta try this place....

3  Thank nvrdullTX
Reviewed April 22, 2013 via mobile

Darling neighborhood cafe with quite a variety of food. I chose the Lemon Chicken salad with asparagus, Nicoise olives and fennel on the fresh lettuce with a lemony vinaigrette. OMG yum. I will be back!

2  Thank MGA57GAL
Reviewed April 21, 2013

Conveniently located. Choice of dining inside or outside on the sidewalk patio. Comfortable studio atmoshphere. Very fresh food presented creatively. Menu changes frequently. Always something exciting featuring local produce, fresh fish, and farm raised livestock. Great homemade soups. Good selection of beverages including herbal teas to beer on tap. Desserts are delightful !

1  Thank Sally W