“A Delicious Adventure”

Midtown Arts Tour
Ranked #1 of 18 Food & Drink in Sacramento
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: Local Roots Food Tours offers food and farm adventures throughout Sacramento and its beautiful valley region. We offer 3 different walking food and cultural tours in Sacramento. Going beyond the big city - our other walking food tour can be found in picturesque Murphys,CA. Murphys Food & Wine Tour explores the Queen of the Sierra - a wonderful mining town with 8 delicious stops including food and wine. Ranked #1 Tour in Sacramento by Trip Advisor. Each tour offers a large variety of tastings (10+), while visiting 6-10 different specialty food shops, artisans, and neighborhood restaurants. All of our tours are offered year-round, last between 3.5 to 4 hours and range between $42 - $70, depending on the tour. The tours focus on F.L.O.S.S. (fresh, local, organic, seasonal, and sustainable) foods and beverages. Enough food is served on each tour that most guests consider it a meal. Savor, learn, explore and connect to some amazing communities and their culinary dishes.
Useful Information: Bathroom facilities, Wheelchair access, Activities for older children, Food available for purchase
Reviewed July 25, 2013

We walked our way through history & enjoyed a movable feast. My husband & I, (early 60's) and two other great people, were led by Joelle through the Origins of Sacramento food tour. We visited restaurants that we probably would have never discovered without her. We were able to experience so many different delicious cuisines while we learned. We had an extremely hot day & it was about a 3 mile walk which was a challenge. I would recommend an umbrella or parasol on a hot day. Each place we visited had either water or another beverage ... and restrooms! A definite plus. I would highly recommend this tour. I would like to return for the K Street tour ... it's only a one mile walk!

1  Thank CAChochip
LocalRootsFoodTours, Owner at Local Roots Food Tours, responded to this reviewResponded July 30, 2013

You are a trooper! Thank you for braving the elements! It sounds like the food and history was worth it!

We do ask that participants bring sunscreen, hats and umbrellas with them on the extremely hot days. Luckily, living in the "City of Trees" we are blessed with the shade! I bet that helped out quite a bit during your tour!

Guides are trained to shorten the route (but not skimp on the food!) during inclement weather.
Also, it helps that each and every stop provides ice cold water for our participants. And they crank the A/C during those scorchers!

Thank you so much for taking the time to review your tour! We hope to see you on another tour very soon!

Reviewed July 5, 2013

Had a fantastic day on the "Origins of Sacramento" food tour. I took my parents and we all had a great time, tasting amazing food and meeting some of the great people behind the great food. Our guide Leslie was awesome and very knowledgeable, she did a great job of teaching us fun facts about the area that was interesting to all of us. I love the variety of places and food that we visited, great combination of many different cultures. My favorite thing about this tour is meeting the people who work in these great places. Shannon at café bernardos was great I think I could have breakfast with her every day, and all the others were over the top welcoming as well. I would definitely take anyone I know on this tour and also will be trying their other tours as well. thanks Leslie for a fantastic day!

Yay! Yay! Yay! We love hearing that you enjoyed your day with Leslie and the Local Roots Food Tours family! We invite you to come on another tour and experience another neighborhood of Sacramento (or another city: Murphy's!) Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review of your experience!

Reviewed June 27, 2013

This tour was a lot of fun. Leslie, our guide, was lively and informative. I learned a lot about early Sacramento. There were six guests on the tour--I enjoyed talking to each of them. The food was delicious, although a tour in another city had more food. I would recommend this tour to anyone visiting our state capital.

1  Thank Wes B

Thank you for reviewing your experience on the Origins of Sacramento tour! We are thrilled you enjoyed yourself. We hope to see you on another tour and please, bring your friends! What a great day: eating, drinking, walking and learning! Perfect day in my opinion! Thanks again!

Reviewed June 23, 2013

Great time today with a group of 10 and our tour guide Leslie. She took us to Some great food locations and talked about history of local sites that I did not already know. Fun for locals or out of Towners.

1  Thank Shessosocial
LocalRootsFoodTours, Manager at Local Roots Food Tours, responded to this reviewResponded June 25, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to review your tour! We are thrilled that you enjoyed your day with Leslie. Showcasing local, fresh and delicious food is our passion and we couldn't be happier that you enjoyed yourself. We invite you to come back and experience another tour with you Local Roots Food Tours!

Reviewed June 23, 2013

Went on this tour yesterday with my daughter and her aunt. We had 3 other people on the tour with us. The six of us had a blast! I have lived in Sacramento for 23 years and learned things about Kay street that I never knew. The proprietors we visited could not have been more helpful and informative. The food and wine were excellent. Every attempt was made to cater to food allergies and displeasures (yes, I was one that just can't eat seafood ). Ashley made sure we all had something to sample and it was always amazing! I guess the best review I can make is, I will be going on another tour with Local roots, they are that amazing. Not just for tourists, this was a great way to get know my hometown.

1  Thank TrKeMom

We couldn't ask for a better review! Thank you for taking the time to let us know how your tour went! Ashley is a wonderful guide and I'm happy we were able to accommodate your food allergies. The restaurants are wonderful hosts and make the tour what it is! We invite you to return and take several more tours with Local Roots Food Tours. :)