Review Highlights
Our group had a good time

Reviewed August 3, 2018
Linden S
Santa Cruz, California
Mini Family Vacay

Raging Waters was not at what I expected to be. I even tried to go online to purchase tickets in... read more

Reviewed August 9, 2017
Coco_8116
San Francisco, California

Top Selling Tours & Activities in and around Sacramento
from $20.00
from $75.00
from $72.00
More Info
See what travelers are saying:
Reviewed August 3, 2018

I read many negative reviews. I can see how the opinions were formed. To begin with, the park does a very poor job of describing the benefits and pitfalls of the park. The park is located in Cal Expo. I'm sure when CalExpo is open, other challenges will be there. We went on a Wed and arrived at 12:30. Parking was simple, pay $10 and park in the lot provided. A short walk through security at the CalExpo gate and then onto the water park gate. We bought and printed tickets online. Check-in was very simple. Since we rented a cabana, they pointed us to the surf shop for further help. A guide walked us to the cabana and explained the benefits and rules. In addition to the cabana, we were given a ticket for a small locker rental, a single and double tube, a refer with around 10 cold bottled water. It was very comfortable and out of the sun. We also had food and drink service at an additional charge. There is a number of water rides. Not a lot but enough. Seemed to me they were aimed for the toddler to 15 year old. I don't think they were big/fast enough for older teenagers. The advantage to the provided tubes is that many of the rides had two lines. The first line is to get a tube and the second line was for those who had a tube. The wait to get a tube was around 20 min. Once you had a tube, the average wait was around 20 minutes. Tubes were also available for rent.

The food was alright but expensive as you'd expect inside a park. The Carl's Jr. super star with cheese was $7.50 and the combo was $11. The pizza slices were better than we expected but small and cost around $5. Bottled water was $4. Typical soft drink gimmick cups at around $12. I suggest having lunch before entry. Lots of food places within a couple miles of the park.

We thought the cabana was worth every penny. I was chaperoning a group and the cabana gave us shade and a "home base". Service was very good at every turn. It looked like lots of young people working summer jobs and standing in the sun all day.

Biggest complaint was broken rides. Both "shark" rides and the "dragon" ride were down all day. Signs at the entry gate informed us of that. Two other rides, wave pool and another I didn't see the name of were down off and on during the day. That's a lot of rides for this size of a park and very disappointing.

All in all it was a good day. The number of rides not working might keep us from returning again. We'll see.

Date of experience: August 2018
Raging W, Guest Relations Manager at Raging Waters, responded to this reviewResponded August 6, 2018

Hello! Thank you for your feedback! We will address your concerns regarding the slides with our Maintenance Manager to ensure a better experience for you and guests in the future. We are glad you had a good day in the park and enjoyed your cabana! We hope you will return again soon!

Reviewed July 31, 2018 via mobile

I love water parks - living in Phoenix for 20 years i have been to plenty of them. This was the worst. If I could leave a negative star rating I would. First of all -No slides were open, maybe because it’s California and they don’t want to be sued if someone gets hurt? Probably because they don’t care and don’t want to have people have a good time. We were only able to go into the lazy river (yuck water) and the supposed wave pool - no waves ever. The lockers were broken so unless you wanted to walk all the way beach to the state fair you had to keep your stuff with you. Of course it was hot, so we wanted to get drinks, all of the ice cream places were closed... we waited in line for about 15 minutes when we were told at the window that the window we had been standing at was for the food package only we had to go to another line - there was no sign that said this anywhere. So we had to switch to the other line which took another 20 minutes to get an over priced drink. We found a manager - who was being over whelmed with complaints but we told him that we too did not know about the lines - and how rudely we were told about it by the counter person. I went by later and saw that they put a small hand written sign on the window saying that it was for the food package only. Ridiculous!!! Don’t go there I don’t know why it was so crowded I saw the reviews and went any just like you will but don’t waster your time go to a hotel swim pool instead it will be a better experience.

1  Thank Clzittle
Raging W, Guest Relations Manager at Raging Waters, responded to this reviewResponded August 1, 2018

Hi, thank you for your feedback. We apologize for your overall experience at the park this weekend and will absolutely follow up with our Food and Beverage team on the above situation you experienced with the food lines. We do understand your frustration regarding the lockers and can assure you we were working diligently on that day to rectify the situation. We will also share your observations regarding the wavepool with our Maintenance Manager. We do hope you return again for a better experience in the future.

Reviewed July 29, 2018 via mobile

I am not one to complain, but my experience was so awful I am writing my first review ever in hopes others do not have to suffer as my family and I did. If I could give negative stars I would. The day started by noticing a lot of the slides were not open and we were given no indication that so many attractions were closed. The first slide we went to do not move for 30 minutes and people up ahead of us ended up leaving saying they had been in line for 40 min and had not moved either. The only people actually getting on the slide were the people who had paid the extra fast pass fee. So after wasting 30 min I got out of line and went to the floating river. I went to put u stuff in a locker... but here’s a shocker... all the lockers , in the whole park, were broken. So I had to hope the complete stranger I asked was honest and would not leave with our stuff. So off to the river for relaxing float around the park... well as there were hardly any tubes about 100 other people and myself ended up having to walk. So I cross my fingers and at least my stuff was still there. I thank the nice people and as it was 104 I go to get a drink. There are 3 windows and lines. I pick one and wait 20 min. Finally I’m at the front, I can taste the lemonade. I open my mouth to order and I am literally yelled at to get out of the dining pass line by the employee inside. I step back and sure enough there are no signs at all to let you know this is a “dining pass” line. It’s still a 104 degrees so I am forced to now wait in the 1 and only regular food line. As this takes another 30 minutes I amuse myself by looking around at my surroundings. BIG MISTAKE! Right above the window where I am getting my drink and food I see absolute filth. There’s so much dirt and grease and spider webs I am beyond disgusted. My dirtiest horse stall is cleaner than this food hut. I am not a clean freak so for me to even notice is really saying a lot. So as I’m wondering if the outside is this run down and dirty, I notice the water slides are in exactly the same condition. EVERY slide is in disrepair. They are literally covered in rust and grime. The paint looks like it wore off in the 90s and it only got worse from that point. Whoever owns this park needs to look up the phrase “ pride in ownership”. At this point I am ready to leave as I have no desire to get insulted again or look at any more dirt or distrusting slides. But it’s 104 and I want my damn drink.. Then Before I even take sip I run into another unfortunate park visitor who has just been insulted by the same park employee for being dumb enough to stand in the wrong line. She however is letting another employee know exactly what a pile of bs this food setup is and she didn’t know you needed to be psychic to order food and pick the right line. I also pass another group mentioning that they thought the wave pool worked “yesterday”. I then think to myself as I have just waited in lines for an hour to my drink that they right. I have not seen a wave once in the hour I waited for my drink. At this point I couldn’t stay another minute and left. So to re-cap:

Hardly any slides open

Open slides take forever without fast pass

All slides and structures covered in filth and appear to be falling apart.

No information on closed attractions

No working lockers

Rude employees

Horrible service

Horrible uncaring owners/ company

Too many people in park/ not enough tubes

I urge everyone to stay away from this park. The owners are crooks who take your money and give you nothing in return. And the biggest problem of all... THEY DON’T CARE! Avoid your own nightmare and go somewhere else

Date of experience: July 2018
Raging W, Guest Relations Manager at Raging Waters, responded to this reviewResponded July 31, 2018

Hi, thank you for your feedback. We do apologize for your overall experience in the park during your visit and would like to assure you that your feedback matters and is taken seriously by our company. We do sincerely apologize again for the way our staff treated you during your visit as it is unacceptable and not to our standards. If you could please message us the information or name of the staff member you interacted with we would like to be able to follow up on this matter. We understand your frustration regarding lockers being out of order the day of your visit and assure you we were working diligently on this day to rectify the situation. We will address your concerns regarding our attractions and services with our General Manager to ensure a better experience in the future. We would love for you to be able to return to the park again for a better experience. Please message us for more information, so we can make this right.

Reviewed July 10, 2018

Just went back here after 20 years and nothing has change for the better. Everything seem to be either the same or deteriorated; wood stairs to the water slide has lots of loose screws or lost screws, faded paint everywhere, closed down water slides ( but of course they don't tell you that when you pay the over priced cost to get in), and did I mention everything is the same? The "wave" pool is weak and you only see about 20 waves before they stop. Caution for young kids, wear water shoes when you go into the wave pool because the floor is not semi smooth like that you feel in a regular swimming pool, it has small concrete rocks sticking out that can easily scrap your knees if you get caught rubbing against it. My 6 yr.old daughter's toe was scrapped when she was dragged by one of the waves. I was afraid for myself. Just very disappointing how this place is for the price that they charge.

Date of experience: July 2018
Raging W, Guest Relations Manager at Raging Waters, responded to this reviewResponded July 11, 2018

Hi Matt! Thank you for your feedback! We apologize for your overall experience at the park and will address your observation of the wavepool with our Maintenance Manager. We can assure you that Safety is our number one priority and we strive to make sure all guests and families that visit the park have a safe and fun experience. We provide all guests with what attractions are closed at the front gate prior to entering. During your visit Sting Ray and Manta Ray were closed and we do apologize for that inconvenience. We do hope you will return again soon and give us another chance for a better experience.

Reviewed July 9, 2018

As a customer who has bought season passes from Raging Waters for three years now, I am beyond disappointed with the company! I just learn today that they are not an inclusive company. My daughter and I have a list of foods we can not eat due to allergies. Raging Waters was once one of few places we could go and not have to leave the establishment to eat our food. We felt welcomed and included. But, now they seem to have "changed" their policy. They only allow customers to bring in a sandwich sized bag of allergy-safe food per person. Bag dimensions are not specified and are also not stated at all in the policy on the website. We are also allowed to leave our food in the car, when ready go back to our car to eat, and re-enter the park when finished.

In 2018 this is utterly ridiculous! This is absolutely 100% exclusion. People and companies need to realize that inclusivity has to do more than just race/religion/sexual orientation/physical disabilities. If we're asked leave an establishment because we can't eat their food, that's the same as telling a disabled person with a wheelchair that because the chair can't fit through the doors (before they were legally made disabled accessible) they can't come onto the property--too bad so sad. It's the same as telling a breastfeeding mother that she has to cover up in public spaces to feed her baby. It is my human right, as a person with allergies, to be able to enter an establishment where I've paid to be, and eat my allergy-safe food on the property. I'm so tired of being made to feel unwelcome and treated differently because we have food allergies. We don't go to very many theme parks because of this reason. I have a 3-year old who would feel really confused and upset to have to leave her friends and family to eat her food out in our car; or to only be given a snack while everybody else ate full meals. I can't help that my body reacts negatively to certain foods; I was born that way. I'm being punished for it AND IT'S NOT RIGHT!!!!!

RAGING WATERS HAS LOST A CUSTOMER. This is unjust and I'm not tolerating it anymore. I'm no longer supporting businesses that doesn't support me and my family.

Date of experience: June 2018
1  Thank acaciarae08

Hi! Thank you for your feedback. We apologize for your overall experience at the park and would be happy to talk with you regarding any dietary needs or specifics you may need for your arrival in the future as we want to be sure you and your family have a wonderful experience. If you would like to message us your information we would be happy to have a member of our staff give you a call. Thank you again!