“Best value is season pass with public transit”
Review of Raging Waters

Raging Waters
Ranked #136 of 190 things to do in Sacramento
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Raging Waters is Sacramento’s Largest Family Waterpark. Located in the heart of Cal Expo, home of the CA State Fair, Raging Waters has been a landmark in the community since 1986. With over 25 exhilarating water attractions, this family centric location offers a fun and exciting day for guests each season. Popular attractions include: Cliffhanger Speed Slides, Hurricane Bay, Splashdown, Shark Attack Waterslide Complex, Breaker Beach Wave Pool, Calypso Cooler Lazy River and Treehouse Reef! Live For Summer at Raging Waters!
Reviewed June 3, 2013

I have not been to many water parks before and my visit to this park last year left me unimpressed. I had a nice time but I think I was expecting more, especially with a name like "Raging Waters". The season pass is a good buy so each visit is not too expensive but the parking hurts at $10 a pop. Seems it's better to have a friend drop you off or to take a bus after parking the car on a local street. The lockers are a good idea so you don't have to carry around items you want to stay dry. This season I might try a different water park just to see what's out there but I hate driving outside the city or long distances if I can avoid it. For a local attraction, the park it's bad. Everyone I saw there looked like they were enjoying themselves very much. It's our very own "Soaktown water park".

4  Thank Sabitron

Reviewed April 8, 2013

They don't allow boys to wear swim shirts, but they allow girls to wear any kind of shirt. Sun exposure is a safety issue.

Exposed metal in the slide scratched my youngest pretty good. Only if he'd had his swim shirt on...

Wave pool was broken and not working when we went.

5  Thank PabloFreedom
Reviewed July 27, 2012

Wow, spent several days beating the heat in Sacramento at Raging Waters. The rides were so much fun, although an escalator would be nice for senior citizens (joke). It would be good if you could buy your ticket (long line) and then go in rather than have to stand in entrance line (long line). Being able to have the season pass is great although again another long line. Fun, active way to spend the summer - just remember to bring water as water foundations are far and few in between.

3  Thank Kate A
Reviewed June 29, 2012

Raging Waters is not your latest wiz bang water park but my children (11 & 14) still had fun. You cannot bring your own food and drinks into the park so we had to put our lunch back into the car! $10 parking
The park is tired but children and water always make the best of the situation.

4  Thank Pinki24