“Feels like you’re in Old Ireland”

de Vere's Irish Pub
Reserve with OpenTable
de Vere's Irish Pub is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #51 of 2,123 Restaurants in Sacramento
Cuisines: American, Irish
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: 16th & L Street
Description: The de Vere White family welcomes you to our pubs, where we hope you’ll find your home away from home. We come from a long line of Irish innovators—publicans, brewers, writers, and more—and we strive to keep the family tradition alive through our authentic establishments.We also like to honor our extended pub family by engaging with the communities that surround us. Whether we’re throwing events, raising funds for charities, or simply starting up a conversation, we love interacting with others just as much as we love pouring the perfect 20-ounce pint of Guinness.So come in, explore our many rare whiskeys, enjoy our farm-to-table pub fare, and experience genuine pub life. In other words, come join the de Vere’s family!
Reviewed May 28, 2012

Stop in for lunch and I was pleased that I did, the atmosphere made me feel like I was sitting in an old Ireland pub. The service was good and the menu had some of the Irish favorites (Fish and Chips and Shepard’s Pie). What I thought was the highlight was the hamburger, the meat is ground daily and they have some awesome toppings.

Reviewed May 18, 2012

Stopped in to have few local brews while on a business trip. Lots of locals visiting and travelers too. Good beer selection.
Ambiance works and the folks running the place know what they are doing - they know their crowds, timing and products.
Thanks!

1  Thank Russ K
Reviewed February 27, 2012

I have been here a few times. My first time I was here was on a Sunday, for brunch, food was good but the service was terrible. Since then I have been here a couple more times and it has gotten better every time I go. The best part of this place is that when you enter you magically feel like you have traveled to Ireland. This Irish pub is excellently decorated and has lots of room. I love all the Guinness decor, the making of a real Irish Pub. It is also the home of the biggest Irish celebration of Sacramento on St. Patty's Day. The beer is cold and the drinks are really good. Courtney was our bartender the last night we went and she was not only good looking and pleasing to the eyes but had a great friendly personality. I guess I should mention she makes excellent drinks...lol. This place gets really busy on Friday and Saturday nights. Once the clock hits about 10pm it is very loud and packed with people who are bar hopping or getting ready to go to Mix Nightclub next door. Best time to go is about 8pm or earlier and enjoy the place before it gets rowdy so you can enjoy their food. They have some really good authentic Irish food and some modern dishes as well.
So this is not my most favorite pub in Sac, but it is growing on me. I recommend you check it out whether you are visiting or a local.

Reviewed January 15, 2012

My family and I took my wife to deVere's in Davis (owned by the same folks that have the pub in Sacramento) for her 65th birthday. We had a ball! Our twin six year-old grandsons discovered that they now love fish and chips. The food was outstanding and the service was top-notch. The best thing about this place is that they have nailed it with their ability to re-create a true Irish pub--both in their varied and authentic menu as well as the totally Irish pub atmosphere. Best shephards pie and guinness this side of Dublin!

1  Thank Fairfield_10
Reviewed January 9, 2012

Clean good staff and nice atmosphere, located just off capitol park, go when its happy hour for a good deal