“Dining a la Paul Bunyan”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of Lumberjack's Restaurant - CLOSED

Cuisines: American
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, Waitstaff
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, Waitstaff
San Francisco, California
“Dining a la Paul Bunyan”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 19, 2012

This review is actually for Lumberjack's in Petaluma where I dined. Unfortunately that location does not come up in Trip Advisor's database. Given that this restaurant is part of a small chain I will presume they are all quite similar. We passed by while going through Petaluma and the restaurant's exterior caught my attention. Timing was good as it was between seatings (4:00pm). My suspicion was confirmed that this restaurant effects a mood similar to that of the Brown Bear diner chain. Here the message is timber and the video monitor was playing video of the ESPN Timber Games to make the point.

The menu is copious. We both opted for the Senior's (55+) menu which was a good bargain at $8.99 and offered sane portions. Why don't more restaurants get it? I would rather have a smaller less expensive portion any time. The entrees came with a choice of salad bar (1 trip and it was very fresh) or soup of the day. My husband had the lemon/pepper tilapia and I went with the chicken friend steak. Everything was fresh, hot and tasty. A half loaf of their housebaked bread came with the meal. The table across from us opted for regular portions which dwarfed the plate.

If you find yourself in this neck of the woods and want a homespun American meal look no further. Paul and Babe (his Blue Ox) would have been happy here.

• Visited July 2012

california
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Great food”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 18, 2011

very large portions and tasty. one of the best restaurant i have ever been in. the service is great too. Try the prime rib sandwich its great!!!

• Visited October 2011