“Capital Artists Studio Tour-9/2012” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Fast Eddie Bike Tours - CLOSED

Fast Eddie Bike Tours
More attraction details
Owner description: Ride a classic touring bike through Historic Sacramento. Visit the most popular State Parks and Historic sites in the Capital City region. Tours include bike, helmet, lunch, and Eddie as your host at all times. For an "out of the city" experience, ride the river and beautiful Delta Country region. This authentic rural California experience includes stops at historic points of interest and wine tasting at local family wineries.Now offering guided extended mileage tours for experienced road cyclists!
davis
“Capital Artists Studio Tour-9/2012”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 16, 2012

This was my first trip with Fast Eddie. It was actually a free event and i thoroughly enjoyed the experience. Eddie, as others reviewed, was a professional. He adjusted his fleet of bikes to fit our particular needs and off we went like a group of ducklings following a parent. i had explicit confidence in his ability to guide us to a safe and enjoyable excursion. And he did! He even provided us with water bottles and a cookie snack.
i'd go on another outing with him any day. In fact, the Winery tour in the Delta may be calling my name...
Carolle J

Visited September 2012

Folsom, California
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Red Letter Day”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 27, 2012

Yep, August 25, 2012 is going to stand out.
I first heard about Fast Eddie Tours in a May 2012 article in the Sac Bee and was intrigued by Ed Hakari's story and by the tours offered.

Ed and I met at the Old Sugarmill in Clarksburg Saturday morning. We rolled out promptly at 10 AM and the next 50 miles turned into one of the most enjoyable ride / day I've had in a while. Ed kept every aspect of the trip balanced with challenge, adventure, information, fun and entertainment. The ride was nicely flavored with timely stops to hear about local history and current significance that provided a welcome rest, kept the trip relaxed in its "feel" and interesting in content.

Between the "breaks" Ed kept me moving at my preferred riding pace. I told Ed I enjoy a good training pace and he gave me just that. I always felt Eddie could have slowed down or picked up to any level I wanted. Judging by the shape he was in I decided not to challenge him. It was good to see he could ride at any speed I might want.

Every detail of the trip was obviously attended to. Snacks, lunch, rest stops and stories. The roads were lightly trafficked and Ed showed a constant sense of awareness of moment by moment safety.

In short, I'm a fairly serious road rider who enjoys a good push, beautiful scenary and unique experiences. If that sounds anything like you - you've got to treat yourself to a ride with Eddie.

David C

Visited August 2012
2 Thank David C
ny
6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 7 helpful votes
“Great way to see Sacramento”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 9, 2012

I was in Sacramento for business and wanted to see the sights while still getting some exercise. This was a great way to do it! Fast Eddie (don't be afraid of the name...he's a professional and a sweetie) was a great way to combine both. Ed is a historical buff and it really comes through in his tour. He is good about tailoring the ride to suit your interests. It was a thoroughly enjoyable experience. If only Fast Eddie was in every city!

Visited June 2012
3 Thank mazi10310
Fremont, California
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“Enjoyable bike outing....and the wine was good too!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 31, 2011

Three friends and I enjoyed the Sugar Beet Tour with Eddie. Great experience and Eddie is a wonderful tour guide. Loved being out on a bike with great weather and learning about the history of the area. We had a pit stop at Bogle Vineyards and sampled some wonderful wines. Loved them all!!. A fantastic value and experience for your dollars...Eddie provided the bikes, helmet, water bottle(take home), snacks , and a nice lunch (prepared by Eddie). We got lucky and were Eddie's last tour of the season!! So, call Eddie up and book a tour....it's a great experience!! JUST DO IT:)

Visited October 2011
3 Thank sari6lopez
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 6 helpful votes
“Sweet ride, fresh air, beautiful day - all with great friends.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 30, 2011

Some friends and I went on the Sugar Beet Spin Tour which was a lot of fun. We enjoyed the Bogle Winery and ended up becoming members there! Eddie was waiting for us with a delicious array of snacks after our wine tasting adventure. We continued our ride along the Sacramento Delta and ended up at the Sugar Beet Winery which was our starting point as well. We enjoyed a special tour of the old sugar beet section of the original facility by Eddie, lunch and of course, more wine tasting ;)

I'd highly recommend this tour. It is closer to 10 miles than 15. Eddie cut it down so that his customers could spend more time enjoying the Delta and additional wine tasting. He will be updating his website to reflect this change. Eddie was a wonderful tour guide, always pointing out sights of interest and keeping our safety the foremost in his mind.

Visited October 2011