Americas Best Value Inn Downtown
$145
$136
HolidayInn.com
  • Pool
See what travelers are saying:
Reviewed January 25, 2013

At first glance driving in it is a bit rough and dirty looking. However, the rooms are very clean. They also include a fridge and microwave. I have booked 3 and 4 star hotels that didn't even include a microwave or fridge. The room was clean, the bed was soo comfortable and the staff was so very helpful. I would defiinitely come back here again. The area is pretty rough but I had no problems whatsoever.

Room Tip: There is a really good hamburger place down the street called "Hamburger Patties". Really good.
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
Harry S, General Manager at Americas Best Value Inn Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded February 5, 2013

Dear Guest, It was a pleasure to have you stay at our Hotel. I'm glad that you have a had a great experience, and would look forward to having you stay any time. I take providing my guest a safe and clean room seriously, Over the coming months me and my staff are implementing many new policies to provide the best hospitality. Thank You. Vimal Sarang

Reviewed November 25, 2012

In general we really enjoyed our stay at this hotel: the breafast was very good, the rooms clean and big, staff was friendly and willing to help, wifi was included, fridge and microwave at the room. However, there were quite a lot homeless people in the area and the hotel is about 15 minutes walk to downtown. If in another location, I would rate "5 stars".

Room Tip: It seemed to me that the wifi signal is week at the third floor, could be better at second or first floor.
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled with family
Harry S, Manager at Americas Best Value Inn Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded December 9, 2012

I am Very glad that you have had wonderful experience at My property. If there is anything i can do extra to have your stay even more positive. Please fel free to call me any time at (916) 444-3670. Thank you.

Reviewed November 7, 2012

Clean comfortable rooms. Our TV was not working and the manager lady offered us another room. Breakfast the next morning was a nice treat to the kids (and us). Place is in a quiet neighborhood. Around 20 min walk to the Capitol.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed August 20, 2012

The appearance of the building is somewhat worn and not accurately reflected in pictures. For the money, the rooms were ok, very clean, but somewhat worn ! If you are just passing through and looking for a place to sleep, this will do it. If you are looking for fancy, look elsewhere. No pool, no in-room coffee pot, and the elevator is not operational. That makes it difficult when your on the 3rd floor carrying 2 weeks worth of clothes.

• Stayed: August 2012
2  Thank BrendaGailPlai
Reviewed July 12, 2012

I enjoyed my stay at this hotel. The rooms were clean and the area has a few good priced restaurants close by. A laundromat across the street was also a big plus.

The value for this hotel is its biggest selling point - my room was one fourth of what the hotels near the convention center charged. Yeah-I'm cheap but I felt this hotel was more than adequate for the price.

• Stayed: July 2012