“A lovely park with a state capitol in the middle”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Capitol Park

Capitol Park
Ranked #5 of 168 things to do in Sacramento
More attraction details
Owner description: This popular park, surrounding the California State Capitol, has trees from around the world and memorials to significant state events.
Decatur, Georgia
32 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 33 helpful votes
“A lovely park with a state capitol in the middle”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 30, 2013

My favorite park in Sacramento with a variety of trees and monuments. You'll find the names of the trees listed and the monuments are very educational.

Visited December 2013
2 Thank Pappylongstockings

• Korean first
Willows, California
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 6 helpful votes
“Beautiful park with great plantings, trees, flowers, and memorials.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 26, 2013

Definately a must visit if you like parks and similar to a botanical garden. Peaceful and beautiful.

Visited December 2013
2 Thank Trudi D
Oakland, California
64 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 150 helpful votes
“Nice Place Walk Laps”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 6, 2013

Per suggestion of one the many doctors I see, and per recommendation my friends at Sheraton Grand Sacramento Hotel one stay one Jazz Jubilee, I since maybe 2010 been walk the laps around this Capitol Park, as long as no protestors in area! One regular walker with her brown dog says all four corners is one mile, so I guess I been doing eight or doing nine miles! I usually walk eight laps, sometimes nine! Started slow, had injury 2005!

Mostly on Saturdays, occasionally Mondays to Fridays! Mostly Saturday mornings! One Saturday the lady says something of "Picking Up Your Pace," I ask what that means! She says, "When you seeing the doctor again," at time I said, "Saw one last Thursday, seeing another one two days from now," that would be Monday! She told me tell them I improving!

Every once in awhile there Fund Raising Walks, such Heart Walk, around Capitol Building! I participate in some of them, such Heart Walk!

When last stayed at Sheraton, I did almost every day! Saturday, day after birthday, no way, I remember there be protestors! I find something else do that day!

Visited July 2013
1 Thank Karyn C
Sacramento
8 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“Trees!”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 25, 2013

Peaceful area to walk around and see all the different trees of California. Rose garden and memorials are good. I'd combine with a visit with the State Capitol and Museum.

Visited October 2013
1 Thank climbera5
California
18 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 16 helpful votes
“History in Trees”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 25, 2013

This park has trees from around the world that were planted more than 100 years ago, it makes for a nice stroll.

Visited November 2013
1 Thank DennisCalifornia

Been to Capitol Park? Share your experiences!