“One of our Sacramento Treasures”

The B Street Theatre
Ranked #27 of 173 things to do in Sacramento
More attraction details
Owner description: This professional theater company focuses on the staging of new plays.
Reviewed January 4, 2014

We've gone to the B Street theater sporadically over the past 25 years. It has grown in both physical size and depth of performance. Every show we've seen at the B street has been of top quality in terms of acting and production. We appreciate the B Streets presence and look forward to its continued growth and popularity.

Reviewed December 27, 2013

Do not allow the small size of the facilities to discourage you. The B Street Theater provides a full size theater experience. I believe they are planning on expanding in a few years; hopefully will be able to transfer the ambiance to their new quarters.

In my most recent visit I attended a mid-morning play (Beauty and the Beast) with a school group -- What a terrific way to introduce children to art!

Reviewed December 21, 2013

I've been an annual subscriber since I moved to this area in 1997. It's one of the least expensive evenings out one could hope for. The variety is endless, and Buck Busfield always throws in one of his own original shows each year. The theatre is small, up close and personal. There are NO bad seats! Wednesday evenings the interns treat us to the monologues they're working on.

Reviewed December 17, 2013

Sometimes I feel a bit like I don't fit in when I come to a play here, because the majority of attendees are probably retired. Still, the plays they do show are very entertaining for my age group as well so I don't regret going in the slightest.
My favorite part about this theater is that it is so small, it's almost impossible to get a bad seat. It's very easy to see and hear everything that's going on. The company though is trying to raise money to build a new facility more central to downtown, which I assume will be a larger complex to allow for more seats per show. Hopefully it won't hinder the classic B street experience.

Reviewed November 25, 2013

Excellent small theater in the round featuring many original plays by professional actors. It is run by Buck & Timothy Busfield. Every play we've attended has been worthwhile.