“I will not be back.”

No 1 Buffet
Ranked #1,152 of 2,070 Restaurants in Sacramento
Cuisines: Asian
Reviewed May 27, 2013

Ate here last night (Sunday). Since I travel across the country, and love Chinese food, I have eaten at dozens and dozens of Chinese buffets across the United States. Here at No 1 Buffet, there is a huge selection of food to chose from at this establishment. Unfortunately, there were only eight items that I was interested in eating. I had a salad and fruit, soup, string beans, and four different kinds of chicken. As the saying goes, "Different strokes for different folks." I did not get sick from eating here, and I found the customer service to be above average. I asked my girlfriend what she thought of No 1 Buffet after we left and were in our car. She said that she was disappointed for basically the same reasons I just wrote. The price for two (we only had water to drink) came to $30.14, which includes tax. Read the reviews here on Tripadvisor to make sure that you like the type of food that is offered at this restaurant. If so, then go ahead and pig out and enjoy yourself. Good luck!

1  Thank MrLorin

Reviewed March 10, 2013 via mobile

Despite the numerous negative reviews here & on Yelp, we have come here numerous times & introduced our friends here too, even when it means a 1.5 hour drive to get here. Over the past years we have seen the clientele change to more of the rude/demanding & uncouth types with bratty kids and unhygienic manners.

We targeted yesterday's 11 am opening (Saturday), but customers were already eating when we arrived at 10:45 am. Before the crowds, the bathrooms were spotless & fragrantly clean, all the dishes were piled high with hot & fresh food, clean serving-tongs positioned neatly in front of each sushi platter ... Heaven!!

Our waiter was quick to serve utensils & our pot of tea (& refilled it twice very quickly), and remove our used plates as soon as we stood up. When he brought our tab, we requested Senior Discounts for a few in a party - he calculated it right there & showed us, before taking the bill & payment away.

Yes we've been there & shuddered at noisy kids running loose, careless diners with scraps on the floor & food spilled on counters. We've always washed our hands before & after meals - never had any digestion problems (other than over-eating)- and $10/person for a Saturday lunch just can't be beat!

We will continue to be repeat customers & bring our friends here. As my Title implies, come early. At rush hour, the turnover for fresh food occurs more frequently but beware the messy diners.

2  Thank itchfoot
Reviewed December 30, 2012

I had diahrea from this nasty place, and the rude customer service always expect some tip when there hella rude

Reviewed October 12, 2012

A few standout points of this place are
1) Selection: all kinds of meat, seafood and you can even have crab legs, frog legs. Too many food dishes and I can not even taste all. But it is better tasted than most buffet places. Boiled crawfish is a real surprise to see in Chinese buffet place
2) Value is definitely here. I paid more for some hot dog, fries and cold drink at tourist trap place like Old Sacramento than full feast here. Soft drinks is also free here.
3) Plenty of space and no reservation needed unless you have a group like 25!

4  Thank bigboy61455
Reviewed February 27, 2012

Wow did this place have lots of choices of food items. They have traditional chinese type dishes as well as lots of other things including crab legs, frog legs, crawfish, korean bbq and the list goes on. If you like lots of buffet style foods you'll probably really enjoy this. There were lots of asian, hispanic and other ethnic groups enjoying their meal here, including lots of children, so it obviously appeals to a wide range of tastes. I can't say it was the best chinese food I've ever had but it was worth the $14/person for the sheer amount of food options. So if you're really hungry go and enjoy.

1  Thank Michele P