“Didn't have time to wait for the next tour but I was impressed from what I saw”
Review of Governor's Mansion

Governor's Mansion
Ranked #23 of 173 things to do in Sacramento
More attraction details
Owner description: Built in the late 19th century, this mansion was the official residence of the state's governor through the late 1960s.
Reviewed December 28, 2013

President Reagan was the last person in the mansion. The person at the gift shop shared a little history with us. This is good place and some great photos ops. Parking is free on Sunday in front of the Mansion! This place is on a one way street. I would consider visiting again if I can get the tour times correct.

Reviewed December 20, 2013 via mobile

I love history, government and Victorian houses so this was a no brainer for me. The tour was only $5, which is not much when helping with maintaining history. The house is very lovely. It was great to see a place that housed many important people in California's history. Great tour guide who had lots of info. Definitely recommend.

1  Thank LovelyLou777
Reviewed December 13, 2013

A beautiful mansion. Unfortunately, the decades it served as a Governor's Mansion degraded that beauty and they have maintained that ugly decor to preserve that history. The tour guide was very informative.

Reviewed December 12, 2013 via mobile

The governor's mansion is a beautiful home with interesting experiences. Kennedy, Teddy Roosevelt, Ike, the Rat Pack, and others have all visited the mansion. The tour guide was witty amd fun.
I consider it an OK experience, and I think it was fun. If I was limited on time, I would just as easily skip it. I highly recommend the Crocker, Railroad Museum, Stanford Home and the Capitol as must sees in Sacramento. If you have another hour, fit this in as well.

3  Thank Zackary S
Reviewed December 7, 2013

My husband and I went with our 9yr old daughter to the mansion for a tour. We all had a great time and the place is just lovely. My daughter thought the outside reminded her of the Haunted Mansion at Disneyland which then made her ask..."is this place haunted?" Well my husband took full advantage of this concern by creeping my daughter out and scaring her whenever possible.(Aren't Dads great?...lol) Anyway the mansion is actually very bright and cheery inside (not spooky at all) and they have all the old style technology and plumbing which is cool. My daughter was fascinated by the old style rotary phone which the docent let her try out. They have old clothing in the closets as well. I would highly recommend to anyone who loves architecture or the victorian era.

Been to Governor's Mansion? Share your experiences!