“Clean and Friendly”
Review of Sacramento Zoo

Sacramento Zoo
Ranked #9 of 170 things to do in Sacramento
More attraction details
Owner description: Children and adults alike delight in this zoo's almost 400 species of wildlife.
Reviewed February 5, 2013

I enjoyed visiting the Sacramento Zoo. It is a small zoo, so perfect for families with children. The zoo was very clean and well maintained. I enjoyed being able to see many of the animals up close.

There are newer reviews for Sacramento Zoo

Reviewed January 29, 2013

giraffes and otters were wonderful, nice walk, fun people-watching as we watch the animals. It is often sad to see some of the lonelier animals, but that goes with a zoo, I guess--maybe that's why I liked the animal groups best.

Reviewed January 28, 2013

We love going to the Zoo, however this zoo is so tiny for the price you pay to get in. You can cover the whole zoo in less than two hours. There are some interesting animals and it seems like they take good care of them. The staff/volunteers are great and the zoo is clean. I just have trouble getting pass the fact there are many bigger zoos in the United States with a lot more to offer with a cheaper price tag to get in.

Reviewed January 21, 2013 via mobile

A real treasure in Sacramento's beautiful William Land Park. Excellent facilities and behind the scenes programs provide support to a host of animals. Education programs and more add a special touch. Granted, I'm biased here as my son and his sweetheart are both keepers ("animal whisperers") here, and I visit almost daily with my grandson, he never tires of his "home away from home". Cafe and store complete the package.

Reviewed January 19, 2013

Not a major zoo. They have a reptile house that children seem to be impressed with however, most areas look warn and there is not a good variety of animals.