All reviews mel's diner parking lot bagels free laundry two burner stove queen bed full size refrigerator executive suite sac state dvd player large bathroom continental breakfast kitchen area comfortable rooms instant oatmeal quiet neighborhood bit dated
Reviewed March 26, 2016

We have stayed at the Larkspur Landing on Howe Ave in Sacramento for years because of seeing Doctors in the area. We have NEVER been disappointed and this visit was no different. From Matt who booked our reservation, to Amber who brought fresh cookies to our room, to the AWESOME Assistant Manager Sean who helped us above and beyond the call of duty, we ,once again, are extremely happy!!! Friendly staff, great breakfast, comfortable rooms, you won't be disappointed at this Larkspur Landing!!! Corporate should be very proud of this location and the people who manage it.

• Trip type: Traveled with family
Sean G, Manager at Larkspur Landing Sacramento, responded to this reviewResponded March 27, 2016

Dear Amazing Loyal Guest,

Your kind demeanor and warm words have truly touched our hearts. Being able to create happiness and see our guests smile only motivates us to continue going above and beyond for each person that we come into contact with. From a simple phone call to having guests walk through the door, guests like you are the reason we treat everyone like family. Thanks for always being amazing and for the review! Matt and Amber are great assets to us and I'm excited to share your story. We look forward to your next trip to the area!

Reviewed March 25, 2016

Actually this place was somewhat disappointing. The hotel was extremely busy the weekend we stayed at the Larkspur. Several wedding groups had booked the hotel but the overall appearance is in need of updating. The "Healthy Start Breakfast" is not healthy at all. If you are glutton for gluten this is your place. The only thing healthy was the fruit offered. We walked to Mel's diner every morning.

The staff was friendly but that's about it. The hotel was rekeying all of the hotel rooms so we had to have a front desk person open our room until they got our room rekeyed. The hotel laundry room was located next to the lobby. A strong bleach odor is what greeted you when you got off the elevator and the same smell outside the main entrance.

It was nice to have a kitchenette in our room but the room was in need of an update. The bed was terrible and the heat/ac was too loud.

On Friday the cleaning staff did not arrive to clean our room until 5pm. We were preparing to go to a rehearsal dinner and requested clean towels instead. Saturday, again we were preparing to go to a wedding when we found a note on our door saying that our room would not be cleaned. When exiting for the wedding we explained what had happened and our room was nicely cleaned while we were away. A testament to the honesty of the cleaning staff was that we left our wedding card and a $100 dollar bill openly on the desk. It was still there upon our return!

The hotel is located in walking distance to the American River biking trail. A big plus!

All in all this is not a place I will likely stay at again.

• Trip type: Traveled with family
Sean G, Manager at Larkspur Landing Sacramento, responded to this reviewResponded March 26, 2016

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to review us. We're sad to hear about your experience and we apologize for not providing the level of satisfaction you were seeking. We work hard to please our guests during busy times as well as slow times. With continued feedback, we will continue to focus on all areas of concern to ensure that we're always getting better. I will share your story with the entire staff for continued improvement. Thanks again for staying with us.

Reviewed March 18, 2016

Arts and crafts decor makes this hotel stand out from price range peers. It's lovely! The staff is very friendly and helpful. When they couldn't confirm late check out on the spot I was called about an hour later and told the extra time would be fine.
My room was well laid out. i could see the TV from the bathtub. There is a full size frig and electric stove, microwave, dishwasher, kitchen supplies (plates, pots, glasses, etc.) The desk is conveniently large and well laid out. Luggage carts were light and moved well - a small point but they are usually clunky and hard to maneuver. Here, they were the best I've used. The bedroom window opened a few inches, and that was great! I don't usually get access to fresh air in hotels and I loved this!
The odd or missing: there were 2 hair dryers in the bathroom, but no shower hat. The gym was too small, with 1 treadmill and 1 elliptical and a few weights. No stationary bike, and just too few machines for the demand. The breakfast was sorely wanting, with packaged bagels and muffins, various yogurts, cereal and milk, fruit cups and bananas, and coffee. Maybe a few other items, but no egg dishes. Also, the room where breakfast was served is beautifully decorated in arts and crafts style, but with inconvenient seating. More like a lounge than an eating area. No USA Today, although the Sac. Bee was there. The parking lot was very dark - no lighting, and a little scary after dark, as a woman traveling alone. I think I'd stay again, but I really missed the exercise bike.

Room tip: I was glad to have a 4th floor room so I could feel comfortable leaving the window open
  • Trip type: Traveled on business
Sean G, Manager at Larkspur Landing Sacramento, responded to this reviewResponded March 19, 2016

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you so kindly for taking the time to leave us a review of your stay! We're flattered from your kind words and we strive to maintain high levels of service daily! Thank you for noticing and we look forward to your next visit!

Reviewed March 17, 2016

I spent a week in Sacramento at the Larkspur Landing Hotel. The customer service is fantastic! I was greeted each and every time I came in the door. Every employee I encountered took the time to greet me and ask about my day or if I needed anything. It was very clean, and everything worked (air, heat, etc.). There was a full-size fridge, stove and microwave in the room. The wi-fi was decent. The free breakfast was continental-style. I would have liked to have had a hot protein, but that really didn't make my stay any less enjoyable. As a matter of fact, my return flight was very early and breakfast was not out yet, but Vanessa offered to get me a snack if I wanted it. There were cookies in the afternoon and coffee 24 hours a day. There are two restaurants in the parking lot--Mel's Diner and Bruchi's Cheesesteaks. Both serve decent food. There are lots of restaurants in the area. There is also a resident cat! My only complaints (and they are not really complaints!) would be that the decor in the room is a bit dated (but it is clean!) and my remote didn't work that well, but I didn't report it. Also, I was missing a few of my favorite TV channels. If I get to return to Sacramento for business, I will stay here again. Did I mention customer service?!?!

• Trip type: Traveled on business
Sean G, Manager at Larkspur Landing Sacramento, responded to this reviewResponded March 18, 2016

Dear Amazing Guest,

Thank you so much for choosing to stay with us during your Sacramento visit! We're excited to know that you enjoyed your stay! We like to treat our guests like family and we want everyone that walks through the door to know how much we care. Thank you for leaving us a great review and we look forward to your next visit to the area!

Reviewed March 16, 2016

I chose Larkspur Landing for location, price and the interior corridor option. The staff was terrific - from the first call to confirm the booking to arrival; friendly - not forced - efficient and welcoming. The room was a great size, very comfortable and with a small kitchenette, it was great to open a window for fresh air. The bed was not the most comfortable I have ever slept in but it was fine. Cookies a plus, did not partake of the breakfast inclusion but it would have been perfect for my needs. Great place, will stay here again.

Room tip: High floor -
  • Trip type: Traveled with friends
Sean G, Manager at Larkspur Landing Sacramento, responded to this reviewResponded March 17, 2016

Dear Valued Guest,

We're very pleased to know about your experience here. Thanks for staying with us and leaving a great review of your stay! We couldn't be more proud of our staff for delivering the service that we feel our guests deserve. We look forward to having you stay with us again soon!