“Great location, professional staff, good value, clean property”

Larkspur Landing Sacramento
Ranked #12 of 82 Hotels in Sacramento
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed March 4, 2014

I have stayed at this property at least two nights each month on business for the past three years. I have found the staff to be professional, prompt, courteous and friendly. They have my profile on file, and accommodate my requests: top floor, feather free room. They provide the guests with an assortment of continental breakfast items in the morning, and cookies and fruit each evening. There are great restaurants within walking or very short driving distances in the Arden/Arcade area. If you are a walker or runner, there is an excellent path along the American River that is popular with the locals.

Room Tip: 4th floor back side are quietest.
  • Stayed: February 2014, traveled on business
2  Thank Kevin C

Reviewed February 12, 2014 via mobile

I stayed for two nights on business at Sac State. Each room has a mini kitchen, which can be convenient, but they need updating.The walls were paper thin, so my earplugs were much appreciated. The toiletries aren't great. And my room had only a Queen bed. I didn't realize the rooms weren't all Kings until after I'd checked in, so pay attention to that. The location was very convenient to campus, but the ammenities were a little lacking. Next time I'll stay at the Hampton Inn.

• Stayed: February 2014
1  Thank ColleenQD
Reviewed February 3, 2014

Trip Advisor reviews are usually accurate, but not in this case. This hotel is in the middle of an office park and caters to employees of the surrounding companies, which is exactly the type of place you want if that's your situation. For an overnight traveler who is accustomed to large chains or cute boutique hotels, it disappoints. The decor is plain, the room is sparsely furnished, with a chair shoved into a corner between the night table and the wall, there were no facecloths in the bathroom, the tub didn't drain properly and the lighting is bad. It seriously reminded me of my college dorm.

As others have said, the breakfast was excellent.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled on business
2  Thank Lisa R
Reviewed January 6, 2014

We chose the Larkspur mainly because they are pet friendly. We had a suite with a king in the bedroom and a queen in the main room. The rooms were all very clean and the amenities are quite nice. The staff was very professional and friendly. The check-in was fast and accurate. They have a nice but small fitness room and a hot tub. The breakfast buffet was nice.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed December 26, 2013

This hotel is located centrally for doing business in Sacramento, and the pricing was very reasonable. The rooms are spacious and they cater to business guests. Only drawback was that the front desk staff are college kids who don't know where and/or how to give advice on restaurants and the desk doesn't have a map or list or sample menus. Request a room on the top floor, facing the back to avoid noise from Howe Blvd.

Room Tip: I was in room 402, top floor corner. Suggest top floor on the opposite side, away from Howe Blvd to...
  • Stayed: December 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Lasuvera
Reviewed December 25, 2013

After reading all the great reviews on Trip Advisor, we booked a one night say in a king room and brought our two dogs. We were very excited to stay at such a high rated place and looked up the hotel's amenities and looked forward to our stay. When we arrived, the hotel was anything but stellar. Why I give the place three stars vs two stars is because they have a really great continental breakfast, a lot of options and I definitely appreciate that since I don't want all the sugar of cereal and carbs from the bagels. They had hard boiled eggs, string cheese and greek yogurt.

We shared our satisfaction with the breakfast when we checked out when the front desk host asked us how our stay was. We then proceeded to tell her why we weren't so pleased with the rest of the visit and instead of listening or escalating the concern to management, she made excuses...no wonder the place is run down the way it is. People who work here think the status of the hotel is great since reviews on Trip Advisor say so. Here is why I won't be back:

We stayed in room 437, here I go...A patched hole in the bathroom door that someone obviously punched in; a bathroom that has a cracked tub, peeling wall paper and paint coming off the cabinets; carpets needed heavy vacuuming (in room and hallway); the feathered bed had feathers poking out and kept puncturing our skin; the in room fridge was so loud we thought we had a plane constantly fly over our room; we asked to be on the 1st floor because of the dogs and were told we would be on the 1st floor, only to find ourselves on the 4th floor; there is feces spread throughout the property outside in grass and dirt; what I thought were yellow fall leaves all over the grass were actually urination stains from other pets. Overall, I wouldn't stay here again ever. And I haven't even started on the sanitation of the laundry facilities and gym, ugh.

I'm not sure what the hype is all about with this place but if you are ok with all of the above, then this place is for you.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple
6  Thank chacha79
Reviewed December 23, 2013

Staff were courteous and efficient
Room was clean and comfortable
Breakfast was sufficient and as expected
Overall experience was very good and I would recommend this hotel to anyone
Easy access to freeway's and close to Arden Mall
Great for business travelers, each room equipped with a kitchenette.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled on business