“Home away from home”

Larkspur Landing Sacramento
Ranked #12 of 83 Hotels in Sacramento
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed December 6, 2013

This hotel is the example of what every hotel should model itself from. The staff is friendly and professional and the rooms are clean, cozy and modern. Even my dog recieved a wamn welcome and friendly comments. My only complaint is that I cant stay longer.

Room Tip: You cant go wrong. I have only my room to go off of, but I find it easy to gain confidence in this h...
  • Stayed: December 2013, traveled solo

Reviewed December 4, 2013

Stayed here two nights in November for business. The place had an odd feel -- not sketchy or anything, but not exactly welcoming either. I guess the best way to put it is that it feels more like a motel, although with good amenities.

Upon check-in was told I was upgraded, which was nice -- actually received what would probably be considered a suite -- a separate bedroom plus an extra double bed. Kitchen with dishwasher and full-size fridge looked OK although I didn't try using anything.

The bathroom was definitely no-frills and the fixtures looked well-kept up but very old or at least dated. Same with the furnishings in the room.

The free breakfast was definitely very basic -- aside from some sad-looking oatmeal, no hot items that I can remember. I'm not sure what other hotels go for in the area, but I wonder if it's a value here?

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed November 29, 2013

Friendly staff and helpful service. Clean room, large kitchenette, comfortable bed, and nice amenities. We didn't book the suite but our room had everything we needed. We do recommend this hotel.
Barbara

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed November 28, 2013

I would second most of the reviews of this hotel -- very clean, nice rooms, free Internet, free laundry, reasonable prices on top of that. I would only wish that there was a place to sit outside and read; Sacramento doesn't always have good weather, but this Thanksgiving was an exception (high 60s and sun!).

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed November 21, 2013

Very friendly staff greeted us and helped throughout the weekend. The bed was comfortable and having a bedroom door so that the rest of the suite could be used while one person slept in, was great! The kitchen has a full-size refrigerator and a two-burner stove so you can cook up some food if you want. The breakfast spread was nice for those who like carbs, so I fixed my own breakfast in my room. The hotel is in a good location to get to various sight-seeing places.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed November 14, 2013

Stayed here for the weekend. Executive suite room was very nice, large. Front desk personnel were very friendly and helpful. Eating area was small, but buffet was sufficient and readily restocked. Hotel located in quiet, easily accessible area.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed October 31, 2013

Love this place! The front desk clerk, Tanya, greeted us warmly and insisted upon meeting our dog. She introduced us to another dog owner. It is very important to us that our dog is truly welcome in dog friendly hotels.
We stayed in a one bedroom executive suite. Yes, the bedroom is a little tight, but with the living quarters it was perfect for us. The layout is very well thought out and roomy. Even though the address is on busy Howe Ave, the hotel is at the back of a shopping center parking lot; quiet.
We will come back here for all future trips to Sacramento.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business