“Great Hotel and Convinent Location”

Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Sacramento NE Cal Expo
Ranked #31 of 81 Hotels in Sacramento
Los Angeles, California
“Great Hotel and Convinent Location”
Reviewed February 28, 2014

Brand New Hotel located off Business 80 Freeway. Great and Friendly Staff. Rooms are very nice and clean. Hotel have very big lobby and very high celiling. Breakfast was very nice. Hotel have 2 days complimentary happy hours.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
Monique E, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Sacramento NE Cal Expo, responded to this review, March 1, 2014
Thank you so much for your review. Our Greatroom room is very unique and we are so glad you enjoyed it! We hope to see you again in the future!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (34)
Red Bluff, Ca
Reviewed February 26, 2014

We have stayed here many times before and this is the first time we are unhappy. The first thing we noticed was the toilet seat should have been replaced. It had chips and holes in it. The bed was very uncomfortable. The staff was not very helpful. We called to ask how to get the fan to shut off and they didn't know. We unplugged it. At checkout we asked for manager and that did not happen. We may not come back here again.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled with family
I am very sorry to hear you did not enjoy your stay with us! I appreciate all comments good or bad so that we may improve our services in the future. I will be addressing these issues immediately. Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review. I hope you will give us another chance in the future and see that these issues have been resolved.
Huntington Beach, California
Reviewed February 4, 2014

I travel through the Sacramento hotel a lot and like to try different hotels. I found this little gem on my last stay. I have stayed at many Holiday Inn Express hotels and this is one of the best ones I've found. The hotel appears to be fairly new as everything is immaculately clean and in very good condition. The rooms are fairly large with flat screen TV's and the very nice benefit of a small refrigerator and microwave in the room! The beds and pillows are very comfortable and although this hotel sits right adjacent to the freeway (80), I didn't hear anything, it was very quiet! The fitness room was large, plenty of towels and equiptment and a TV to pass the time. I personally like the TV's on the fitness machines so you don't have to watch what everyone else does, but there was no-one in the fitness room the days I was there. The breakfast room is large and the food fabulous. Many items, healthy and hot to choose from, and the cinammon rolls are to die for! They are great about keeping things restocked and are very friendly, service oriented. The desk personnel were very friendly, perfessional and accomodating, allowing me to check in early from an early flight. I didn't use the pool because it was cold. The parking lot was large and lit well at night. The ONLY thing I wished was this was in a better location. No where to walk for shopping or restaurants, as it sits at the back of a neighborhood and next to the freeway. The drive to most things though is a short 10 minute down Howe to many places to shop or eat. I will definitely return here on one of my next stops through Sacramento.

Room Tip: up high, away from elevators, at end of hall are the quietest in my opinion.
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled solo
Monique E, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Sacramento NE Cal Expo, responded to this review, February 10, 2014
We appreciate you taking the time to write us this great review! I am very pleased we were able to accommodate you and make your stay enjoyable. We welcome any opportunity to receive our guests feedback about issues within our control as well as out of our control, so we may improve our services in the future! We look forward to seeing you again in the future!
Coos Bay, Oregon
Reviewed December 19, 2013

We usually travel to Oahu to visit family during the holidays, staying between two weeks to a month depending on various circumstances. The hotel that we usually use to park and fly out of changed their free parking included with their package from 30 days down to 14 days, so we decided to look elsewhere, and found a great deal at this hotel.
We called and verified that we could keep our car there for up to thirty days, and was told yes (their website rate terms and conditions didn't give any time limits). There was initial confusion about definite return dates and the airport shuttle, but Monique Erickson, asst.GM, went the extra mile to make sure everything worked out well for us, right down to getting us to our flight on time.
Jamie our shuttle driver helped calm our traveling anxieties, making it an overall pleasant experience....
BTW, the area the hotel is at is quite a distance to the airport (took us 20 mins.), but not as sketchy as our last choice near Discovery Park. Parking lot has a few cameras and decent lighting. We felt safe leaving our vehicle there, we will update when we return.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank n8_n_xtina
Monique E, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Sacramento NE Cal Expo, responded to this review, December 23, 2013
Thank you so much for the review! I am very pleased we were able to accomodate you and apologize if there were any confusions. It was our pleasure having you and getting you to your next destination. We look foward to seeing you on your return trip!
Redding, California
Reviewed October 22, 2013

We recently stayed at this hotel. Very friendly staff. The room was clean and large.
I just want to say for those of us who want to use the pool or even just lay out in the sun y the pool well e aware. The pool does not get sun..........ever..........but I did mention it to the front desk and she told me go next door to the other hotel and use their pool. I went to the clerk at the hotel next door and she very kindly gave me a key to their pool. To me that was very important as I love the warmth of the sun.......So they both were very acomadating. Apparantly the two hotels are owned by the same people.!!!!!!

Room Tip: we were on the first floor and had no issues with noise.
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
Monique E, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Sacramento NE Cal Expo, responded to this review, October 27, 2013
I appreciate every comment from our guests so we may be able to improve other guests stays in the future. Thank you for taking the time to leave your feedback and I am happy to hear we were able to resolve your issue.
San Francisco, California
Reviewed September 19, 2013

We stayed here in July, 2013 to be close to the California State Fair. The room was immaculate and the service was great. Monique Erickson, the Assistant General Manager, was professional, service-oriented, and friendly. She went out of her way to make our stay a pleasant one. The room rate included not only the room, but breakfast, 2 tickets to the State Fair, and free shuttle bus service every half hour from morning till fair closing time in the evening. Changing the time of our shuttle departure was easy at either the hotel or fair end of the shuttle. It's almost like having a taxi service. If you want to leave the fair and go back to the hotel at a different time, you just call the hotel, and they send the shuttle over to pick you up.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Monique E, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Sacramento NE Cal Expo, responded to this review, October 6, 2013
Thank you so much for your review! The CA State Fair is something we look forward to all year long and your comments help us to improve our services for the following year! We are all very glad you enjoyed your room as well as the service provided! Hope to see you again next year!
Reviewed September 16, 2013 via mobile

I arrived without a reservation and the hotel was almost entirely booked due to a large wedding. The very helpful front desk clerk offered two rooms, one on the first and one on the second floor. As I don't like the first floors usually because of foot traffic hallway noise, I selected the second floor room. The clerk then kindly informed me that the second floor room was directly above the front desk and the window was facing the interstate; she then asked again if I REALLY wanted that one. She then suggested I take the s
First floor, adding that it wa to the red of the building a d in a quieter area. I too it and was very happy.

The next day we decided to stay a second night and were happily accommodated. We were even allowed early check in and for a few hours had keys to both rooms to make our transition convenient.

I would gladly stay here again.

Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
It is our goal to accommodate every guest to the the best of our ability and am very pleased to hear we were able to create an enjoyable experience during your stay with us! Thank you for your feedback and look forward to welcoming you back soon!