“You get a lot for your money!”

Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Sacramento NE Cal Expo
Ranked #35 of 83 Hotels in Sacramento
Reviewed April 24, 2013

We stay here when we visit our Sacramento office and the most noticeable difference to other hotels is the customer service, from the amazing girls at the front desk, to the lady handling the breakfast, to the ladies waiting to clean your rooms. Everyone has a smile and goes out of their way to supply your every need. Examples - upon arrival my husband asked if they had decaf coffee available, and the desk girl said she'd start some and had it ready in minutes. We needed directions for the next day, and they printed them up and slipped them under our door. The 'free' breakfast is the best we've found, and varies daily. MANY little things that make a difference, like the printed list of available TV stations which sits conveniently under the TV remote. Of course, the rooms are exceptionally neat and well maintained. We'll continue to stay here often.

Room Tip: From our experience, all rooms have been good.
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Jane B
Monique E, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Sacramento NE Cal Expo, responded to this reviewResponded May 4, 2013

Our main priority is the make our guests stay as easy and as comfortable as possible!( And we enjoy doing it! ) I will pass on your great comments to all the staff! Thank you!

Reviewed April 18, 2013 via mobile

We stayed here for 4 nights at the end of a four week road trip across the US. We wanted somewhere comfortable where we could spread out and relax before returning home. This hotel was perfect. When we arrived the girl at the front desk was friendly and helpful. Our room was clean and spacious. 10 mins after going up to our room the phone rang, it was the front desk girl again asking if everything was okay and was there anything she could do to make us more comfortable - what amazing service! We were very impressed with that. The staff here really went out of their way to make us feel welcome.
On our second night we went out to catch up with friends and consequently slept in quite late the next day. Didn't get woken up once by housekeeping noise in adjacent rooms, and the rooms were very quiet. Actually we didn't ever hear noise from other rooms - unlike some hotels with paper thin walls.
Breakfast was great, just your typical complimentary breakfast but I have to say its one of the better ones we've had on our four week trip (and we've had a lot!).
Location wise, well it's about 10-15 mins from the downtown area which was fine for us as we had a car. I don't know how safe the area is though (we went on a few drives around to Walmart etc, and it seemed a little sketchy), so I wouldn't want to be catching local public transport. The hotel itself felt very safe though, I just wouldn't want to be walking around after dark. However we were VERY impressed to see a security guard in the carpark late one night. I think that is great and made us feel safe and secure leaving our car parked there.
Anyway all in all we really enjoyed our stay here and would recommend it. We would also stay here again. Thanks again to the lovely staff.

• Stayed: April 2013
1  Thank seaoh11596

Thank you so much for all your great feedback! Our wonderful staff does their very best to make sure every one of our guests feel welcomed, as well as safe and secure! We hope to see you again!

Reviewed March 12, 2013

I stay at this IHG property about every 8 weeks while I am traveling to Sacramento on business. Each time the staff has been very helpful and friendly. The front desk staff is a welcome sight after a long or difficult day of travel or meetings. On my most recent stay I managed to mix up the date of stay on my reservation, and did not show up on the day I told them I expected to arrive. I showed up without a reservation the next night, and they managed to not only get me a room, but not charge me for the no show the night before. Thank you HIE Staff!

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business
Monique E, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Sacramento NE Cal Expo, responded to this reviewResponded March 27, 2013

We appreciate your loyalty and look forward to every opportunity we get to make your life a little less hectic. All of us here enjoy seeing our guests return on a regular basis and are glad you feel the same way. Thank you again!

Reviewed February 20, 2013

My stay with this IHG property was a first. It was a very pleasant stay. The whole staff everyone from the front desk staff to the housekeepers and even the owner welcomed us all with warm smiles. The managers reception was delicious the same with the breakfast. The overall stay with the clean and comfortable rooms and great staff made this a very enjoyable stay.

• Stayed: February 2013
Monique E, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Sacramento NE Cal Expo, responded to this reviewResponded March 3, 2013

We are so glad you enjoyed your stay and that we could should show you what our brand is all about. Thank you so much for your great comments!

Reviewed January 26, 2013

I have traveled throughout the country and overseas and this has got to be the best hotel staff that I have ever met. My group and I had the pleasure of meeting Monique, Samantha, Jamie and Violet to name a few. These ladies do it all with a smile. They went out of their way to make sure we felt right at home. I can't forget to mention the Social Hour on Tuesday and Wednesday night. Even the housecleaning ladies were exceptionally nice. This was my first visit to Sacramento and these ladies made sure we got a real taste of the city.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank JaeJae15
Monique E, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Sacramento NE Cal Expo, responded to this reviewResponded January 30, 2013

Thank you so much for all your compliments! I have made sure all of our staff members were recognized and rewarded for their great service. I am very happy you enjoyed staying with us and look forward to seeing you again in the future!

Reviewed December 31, 2012

Coming back from a snowboarding trip with some friends the helpful staff and delicious breakfast made for a very pleasant stay. The staff was very attentive and very responsive to all of my needs. The front desk staff is very good at making their guests feel welcome. Housekeeping was very friendly and the breakfast attendant made sure everything was going smoothly for us and made sure we had everything we needed. The breakfast was delicious and the rooms were clean I couldn't have asked for more. I will make sure to stay at this Holiday Inn Express property next time I am in Sacramento.

• Stayed: December 2012

Our main goal is to make our guests feel welcomed, recognized and comfortable. I am very glad we were able to reach our goal during your stay. We hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed December 27, 2012

A checked-out staff both on arrival and at departure force me to give this proprty a mediocre-only review. Let me start by stating our stay was for one quick night on a drive south from Oregon to California; and our only requirement was for clean and quiet. This property failed on one count. The well-appointed and spacious room had a serious design flaw that prevents me from gushing about it. Not quite sure whether it was flashing, decoration or a downspout attached to exterior of the hotel, but it was not secured so it rattled in the rain all night long. All. Night. Long. We were in a corner room on the second floor but friends in another interior room heard the noise as well. It kept both parties thinking someone was dragging laundry carts across the parking lot the entire night. Quite the rattle.
That alone was annoying, but it was the hotel running out of hot water that torqued us the most, and the callous attitude of the morning front-desk staff that compounded the problem - especially since this is a chain that reminds its guests to give the staff the opportunity to make a stay right.
I had the third of three showers in our room, and my hot water went cool thrice.
Our friends had no hot water at all. When we reported it to the front desk staff when we reunited for breakfast, we were met with blank stares and not even a token attempt to rectify or apologize for the inconvenience. And I'm a Priority Club member!
Additionally, the breakfast chafing dishes were not kept stocked with the hot items, so only half of our party was able to enjoy them.
This particular property is overpriced given that it is not on Interstate 5, but along the more obscure Business 80 route. We paid around $120; should be in the $89 range.
We will try another hotel on our next drive south.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family
Monique E, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Sacramento NE Cal Expo, responded to this reviewResponded January 26, 2013

I am very sorry you did not enjoy your recent stay with us. It is our goal to provide a clean, quiet, comfortable place to relax and a great hot breakfast in the morning. We have addressed the noise issue from the downspouts so this should not be a problem in the future. We have not had any issues with hot water in the past, as we are a newly constructed Hotel, but we will continue to monitor to ensure 100% guest satisfaction. I apologize for the way the situation was handled and will be addressing it with the front desk staff. We appreciate your feedback and use all comments as a way to learn and improve our services for the future. I hope you will give us another opportunity to provide you with a great stay in the future.