“Very understanding staff.”

Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Sacramento NE Cal Expo
Ranked #34 of 82 Hotels in Sacramento
Reviewed March 12, 2013

I stay at this IHG property about every 8 weeks while I am traveling to Sacramento on business. Each time the staff has been very helpful and friendly. The front desk staff is a welcome sight after a long or difficult day of travel or meetings. On my most recent stay I managed to mix up the date of stay on my reservation, and did not show up on the day I told them I expected to arrive. I showed up without a reservation the next night, and they managed to not only get me a room, but not charge me for the no show the night before. Thank you HIE Staff!

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business
Monique E, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Sacramento NE Cal Expo, responded to this reviewResponded March 27, 2013

We appreciate your loyalty and look forward to every opportunity we get to make your life a little less hectic. All of us here enjoy seeing our guests return on a regular basis and are glad you feel the same way. Thank you again!

Reviewed February 20, 2013

My stay with this IHG property was a first. It was a very pleasant stay. The whole staff everyone from the front desk staff to the housekeepers and even the owner welcomed us all with warm smiles. The managers reception was delicious the same with the breakfast. The overall stay with the clean and comfortable rooms and great staff made this a very enjoyable stay.

• Stayed: February 2013
Monique E, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Sacramento NE Cal Expo, responded to this reviewResponded March 3, 2013

We are so glad you enjoyed your stay and that we could should show you what our brand is all about. Thank you so much for your great comments!

Reviewed January 26, 2013

I have traveled throughout the country and overseas and this has got to be the best hotel staff that I have ever met. My group and I had the pleasure of meeting Monique, Samantha, Jamie and Violet to name a few. These ladies do it all with a smile. They went out of their way to make sure we felt right at home. I can't forget to mention the Social Hour on Tuesday and Wednesday night. Even the housecleaning ladies were exceptionally nice. This was my first visit to Sacramento and these ladies made sure we got a real taste of the city.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank JaeJae15
Monique E, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Sacramento NE Cal Expo, responded to this reviewResponded January 30, 2013

Thank you so much for all your compliments! I have made sure all of our staff members were recognized and rewarded for their great service. I am very happy you enjoyed staying with us and look forward to seeing you again in the future!

Reviewed December 31, 2012

Coming back from a snowboarding trip with some friends the helpful staff and delicious breakfast made for a very pleasant stay. The staff was very attentive and very responsive to all of my needs. The front desk staff is very good at making their guests feel welcome. Housekeeping was very friendly and the breakfast attendant made sure everything was going smoothly for us and made sure we had everything we needed. The breakfast was delicious and the rooms were clean I couldn't have asked for more. I will make sure to stay at this Holiday Inn Express property next time I am in Sacramento.

• Stayed: December 2012

Our main goal is to make our guests feel welcomed, recognized and comfortable. I am very glad we were able to reach our goal during your stay. We hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed December 27, 2012

A checked-out staff both on arrival and at departure force me to give this proprty a mediocre-only review. Let me start by stating our stay was for one quick night on a drive south from Oregon to California; and our only requirement was for clean and quiet. This property failed on one count. The well-appointed and spacious room had a serious design flaw that prevents me from gushing about it. Not quite sure whether it was flashing, decoration or a downspout attached to exterior of the hotel, but it was not secured so it rattled in the rain all night long. All. Night. Long. We were in a corner room on the second floor but friends in another interior room heard the noise as well. It kept both parties thinking someone was dragging laundry carts across the parking lot the entire night. Quite the rattle.
That alone was annoying, but it was the hotel running out of hot water that torqued us the most, and the callous attitude of the morning front-desk staff that compounded the problem - especially since this is a chain that reminds its guests to give the staff the opportunity to make a stay right.
I had the third of three showers in our room, and my hot water went cool thrice.
Our friends had no hot water at all. When we reported it to the front desk staff when we reunited for breakfast, we were met with blank stares and not even a token attempt to rectify or apologize for the inconvenience. And I'm a Priority Club member!
Additionally, the breakfast chafing dishes were not kept stocked with the hot items, so only half of our party was able to enjoy them.
This particular property is overpriced given that it is not on Interstate 5, but along the more obscure Business 80 route. We paid around $120; should be in the $89 range.
We will try another hotel on our next drive south.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family
Monique E, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Sacramento NE Cal Expo, responded to this reviewResponded January 26, 2013

I am very sorry you did not enjoy your recent stay with us. It is our goal to provide a clean, quiet, comfortable place to relax and a great hot breakfast in the morning. We have addressed the noise issue from the downspouts so this should not be a problem in the future. We have not had any issues with hot water in the past, as we are a newly constructed Hotel, but we will continue to monitor to ensure 100% guest satisfaction. I apologize for the way the situation was handled and will be addressing it with the front desk staff. We appreciate your feedback and use all comments as a way to learn and improve our services for the future. I hope you will give us another opportunity to provide you with a great stay in the future.

Reviewed December 2, 2012

As a government employee, it is often hard to find a good hotel value within our allowed per diem. However, my recent stay at the Holiday Inn Express on Auburn Avenue in Sacramento was very pleasant. The facility is almost new, and is conveniently located near both my work objective and other amenities like good restaurants and major roads. The room was impeccable, the breakfast was very good, though predictable. The staff was very friendly and helped expedite check-in/check-out. The business computers were very suitable and worked flawlessly. The property was quiet and the bed was comfortable.
Another unknown feature of the hotel is the availability of meeting rooms, which were ample.
Parking was also adequate and convenient, and free.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business
Monique E, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Sacramento NE Cal Expo, responded to this reviewResponded December 26, 2012

We are very pleased to hear you enjoyed your stay and will pass on on the great comments to the staff. We will always honor the Government rate when business brings you to the Sacramento area. We look forward to your stay in the future!

Reviewed October 14, 2012

Our traveling group of four stayed two nights in September. We found our reservations in good order and honored. The lobby and rooms were clean and neat. The bedding and furnishings are nice and make for an excellent night.
We did observe a group of kids staying near us that appeared to be some kind of sports team. We were concerned that it might be a noisy night. It was not...
The hotel is quite close to the highway. We stayed in one of the closest rooms to the road. Our home is on an interstate so traffic noise is no issue for us, but it might be for someone used to total quiet. Simple solution is to ask for a room further from the front of the property.
We found the breakfast area clean and the breakfast bar well supplied and the hot food hot.
This is an excellent hotel we would recommend.

Room Tip: If you are very sensitive to highway noise, request a room further from the front of the hotel, and...