“You Feel at Home When You Are Away”

Hilton Garden Inn Sacramento/South Natomas
Ranked #6 of 83 Hotels in Sacramento
Reviewed November 4, 2012

I am an experienced frequent traveler who has stayed in hotels all over the world. The staff at the Hilton Garden Inn Sacramento/South Natomas go out of their way to meet your every need and convey a genuine attitude of really appreciating that you are there. From the time you arrive, front desk personnel like Naelly Reyes, Luchie Leonido and Chris Cenizal bend over backwards to ensure you have a pleasureable stay. The rooms are comfortable and their restaurant serves up a better than average morning fare. You can't go wrong by staying here!

Room Tip: Ask for a room away from the freeway. Interstate 5 is just east of the hotel and there is a little n...
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business
MgmtResponse, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Sacramento/South Natomas, responded to this reviewResponded November 14, 2012

Thank you for taking the time to convey your comments regarding your recent stay at the Hilton Garden Inn Sacramento and the wonderful 5 star review of our hotel. I am happy to hear you enjoyed our facilities and breakfast offerings but especially the service you received from our front desk team members. I will personally recognize each of the individuals you mentioned and thank them for a job well done. Once again thank you for your business and we hope to serve you again in the near future.

Reviewed October 21, 2012 via mobile

Great value. We stayed here to go to a concert at the power balance pavillion. It was about a 10 min drive from our location. Prior to the concert we checked out the midtown area which was probably less than 10mins. We had a great time in midtown.

• Stayed: October 2012
MgmtResponse, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Sacramento/South Natomas, responded to this reviewResponded November 2, 2012

Thank you for taking the time to convey your comments regarding your recent stay at the Hilton Garden Inn Sacramento and the positive 5 star review. I was pleased to hear you found our hotel an excellent value with a good location. Once again thank you choosing the Hilton Garden Inn Sacramento and we hope to be of service again in the near future.

Reviewed October 18, 2012

I again stayed @ Hilton Garden in Sacramento, Ca (NATOMAS)
A wonderful experience! The people here make the difference - Anna, Chris, Angel, Aaron are the absolute BEST!!
The accommodations were wondeerful, as well. Crisp clean sheets, everything in the room working well. And the restaurant exceeds any in comparable hotels. Great service from Cameron!
I'll be back!!!

Room Tip: Ask for a room asay from the highway.
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business

Thank you once again for taking the time to convey your comments regarding your recent stay at the Hilton Garden Inn Sacramento and the wonderful 5 star review of our hotel. I was thrilled to hear you enjoyed our facilities, cleanliness and location but especially the service you received from our team members. I will personally recognize each of the individuals you mentioned and thank them for a job well done. Once again thank you for your loyalty and repeat business. We look forward to your next visit.

Reviewed October 13, 2012

We enjoyed our stay and would highly recomend this property.
Comfortable with a friendly staff..our check-in was efficiently fast.
Near the airport.
A restful nights sleep in a very clean room.
A very fine Establishment!

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Ken C

Thank you for the wonderful 5 star review of the Hilton Garden Inn Sacramento! I am pleased that you enjoyed our room cleanliness, friendly staff and airport location. Once again thank you for your positive recommendation and for choosing the Hilton Garden Inn Sacramento. It would be our pleasure to serve you again in the future.

Reviewed September 17, 2012

I stayed here because I was attending an event at Power Balance Pavilion and this was a close by hotel. I was disappointed that they didn't have a shuttle to the arena but that was the only thing I didn't like. I didn't take advantage of the extra amenities, I basically just stayed the night.

Pros: First and foremost the place was clean inside and out.
Convenient freeway access and arena access
Parking was free
Nice room, had coffee maker, microwave and fridge in room.
The beds, THE BEDS!!! The best bed I have ever slept on in a hotel.
I wanted to take the bed home with me, just so comfortable.

Cons: Wished they had a shuttle to the arena for events
As with most hotels I would love to see a few more electrical outlets to charge the many
rechargeable devices I travel with.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled solo

Thank you for taking the time to convey your comments regarding your recent stay at the Hilton Garden Inn Sacramento and your positive 4 star review. I was pleased to see that our cleanliness, value and convenient location exceeded your expectations. Once again thank you for your business and we hope to serve you again in the future.

Reviewed September 17, 2012

We had 2 rooms Sept 2012. Both were very clean and equipped with the comforts of home - microwave, frig, cable TV, etc. The entire site is immaculate, including the restaurant. For those that need to eat off-site, there were numerous restaurants with different flavors and price points within 5 mins away. They even offered a shuttle to get there, but we did not need it. Love the breakfast buffet that gets you ready for the day. This hotel far exceeds what you will find in the downtown area, especially if you are looking for a safe surroundings and environment. It was 10 mins away from the downtown Hilton and very much worth the drive to opt for the Garden Inn rather than the Hotel. Have stayed in numerous Hilton Garden Inn's because of their excellent reputation, and this one did not disappoint.

Room Tip: Requested rooms that did not face the nearby freeway and they were very accomodating. Rooms 303 and...
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family

Thank you for your wonderful 5 star review of our hotel! I am thrilled that we were able to provide you with outstanding service and a pleasant experience. I was pleased to that our location, room cleanliness, amenities and breakfast experience all exceeded your expectations. Thanks again for choosing the Hilton Garden Inn Sacramento and we look forward to serving you again in the near future.

Reviewed September 11, 2012

Stayed mid-March 2012 with an early spring in full bloom. The whole place was surrounded with flowering trees and the experience was magnificent, with marvelous sprinkles of blooms showering around you. This definitely made the stay worth it.
Pros: Very clean and new looking. Excellent breakfast selection, including cook-to-order, and included in the price. Good sized room with fridge and microwave. Comfortable bed and pillows. Good desk area and free Internet
Cons: Restaurant not opened on weekends, except for breakfast. Almost no vegetarian selections on menu for other meals when the restaurant is open. They offer to shuttle you to nearby restaurants. You need a car to get to anywhere. Airport shuttle service was poor. I arrived after an 18 hour air trip, it wasn’t busy at the hotel, and still had to wait nearly two hours at the airport, hotel gave poor directions where to wait, AND they told me to wait outside (uncovered) where shuttle could see me – it was raining. Reception staff generally poor and unhelpful – too busy with paperwork and treated you as though you were imposing on their more important work. “Shop” for snacks, drinks etc. is at reception, but you pay bar fridge prices without the convenience of having them in your room. Arriving Friday night, the place was very noisy with what seemed like people who had booked rooms for a weekend party – had to complain and it seemed to quiet down. Additionally, was given a room that turned out to be on the other side of the treadmill in the fitness center which some jerk(s) was using at all hours – especially early morning, even though it’s supposed to be closed during those hours. The very nervy manager I spoke to very kindly refunded me for my last night’s stay which was great, but didn’t help with the disturbed sleep and another long flight ahead of me.
Overall a reliable place to stay if you’re on business, have a car, and don’t want any concierge help with tourist attractions and restaurant recommendations – AND you specify you want to be well away from the fitness center.

Room Tip: Make sure you're well away from the fitness center - sound proofing is very poor.
  • Stayed: March 2012, traveled solo

Thank you for taking the time to convey your comments regarding your recent stay at the Hilton Garden Inn Sacramento and the positive comments regarding our room cleanliness and breakfast selections. I do apologize for the delay in airport shuttle pick up and will follow up to see how we can better provide this service. Once again thank your business and we hope to serve you again in the future.