Stayed mid-March 2012 with an early spring in full bloom. The whole place was surrounded with flowering trees and the experience was magnificent, with marvelous sprinkles of blooms showering around you. This definitely made the stay worth it.
Pros: Very clean and new looking. Excellent breakfast selection, including cook-to-order, and included in the price. Good sized room with fridge and microwave. Comfortable bed and pillows. Good desk area and free Internet
Cons: Restaurant not opened on weekends, except for breakfast. Almost no vegetarian selections on menu for other meals when the restaurant is open. They offer to shuttle you to nearby restaurants. You need a car to get to anywhere. Airport shuttle service was poor. I arrived after an 18 hour air trip, it wasn’t busy at the hotel, and still had to wait nearly two hours at the airport, hotel gave poor directions where to wait, AND they told me to wait outside (uncovered) where shuttle could see me – it was raining. Reception staff generally poor and unhelpful – too busy with paperwork and treated you as though you were imposing on their more important work. “Shop” for snacks, drinks etc. is at reception, but you pay bar fridge prices without the convenience of having them in your room. Arriving Friday night, the place was very noisy with what seemed like people who had booked rooms for a weekend party – had to complain and it seemed to quiet down. Additionally, was given a room that turned out to be on the other side of the treadmill in the fitness center which some jerk(s) was using at all hours – especially early morning, even though it’s supposed to be closed during those hours. The very nervy manager I spoke to very kindly refunded me for my last night’s stay which was great, but didn’t help with the disturbed sleep and another long flight ahead of me.
Overall a reliable place to stay if you’re on business, have a car, and don’t want any concierge help with tourist attractions and restaurant recommendations – AND you specify you want to be well away from the fitness center.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Hilton Garden Inn Sacramento/South Natomas hotel is a newly-upgraded (February 2016) hotel located two miles from downtown Sacramento, CA with complimentary shuttle service to/from the Sacramento International Airport (from 5 a.m. to 11 p.m. daily). Our upgraded 100% non-smoking guest rooms include complimentary WiFi, microwaves and mini-refrigerators. Guests enjoy complimentary access to our 24-hour business center, on-site restaurant/bar and lounge, room service, fitness room (or workout bags at the front desk), on-site florist and 24-hour Pavilion pantry. Parking is complimentary. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotwire, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Hilton Hotels Direct, Travelocity, TripOnline SA, Priceline, Cancelon, getaroom.com, HotelQuickly and HRS so you can book your Hilton Garden Inn Sacramento/South Natomas reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hilton Garden Inn Sacramento/South Natomas Hotel Sacramento
- Hilton Sacramento
- Sacramento Hilton Garden Inn