“Noisy air conditioner kept me awake”

Hilton Garden Inn Sacramento/South Natomas
Ranked #6 of 81 Hotels in Sacramento
Eureka, California
“Noisy air conditioner kept me awake”
Reviewed April 6, 2012

The Hilton Garden Inn has nicely-decorated, spacious rooms with comfortable beds. The only complaint I have is the air conditioner. It is extremely noisy when it cycles on and off, so it kept waking me up. There was not an option to keep the fan on at a certain temperature. To make matters worse, the air had a stale quality even when the air conditioner was on.

I appreciated the on-time shuttle to the airport, and the prompt pick-up after my return flight to Sacramento. The driver was very helpful and friendly, as were all the other hotel employees. But because the main reason to stay at a hotel is to sleep, I'm downgrading my rating for this hotel.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled solo
1 Thank Suzanne C
MgmtResponse, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Sacramento/South Natomas, responded to this review, April 9, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to convey your comments regarding your recent stay at the Hilton Garden Inn Sacramento and the positive comments regarding our airport shuttle and the helpfulness of our team members. I do apologize for the noisy HVAC unit and have shared your comments with our maintenance team. Once again thank you choosing the Hilton Garden Inn Sacramento and we hope to serve you again in the future.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (75)
  • Korean first
Denver, Colorado, USA
Reviewed March 29, 2012

As a weekly traveler, I prefer HGI's for mid-sized city business travel. You always get a decent, well-appointed room with a comfortable bed. Also important are the lobbies with comfortable seating, a small bar and decent if not gourmet food. Sometimes you just don't feel like going out. The advantage to HGI's is the consistency from location to location. The HGI Sacramento is not up the expected standard. The rooms are the same but its location right next to I-5 is very noisy. The lobby is OK but there is no bar and the restaurant is not as good as most. The great location will bring me back but with less than positive expectations.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled on business
MgmtResponse, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Sacramento/South Natomas, responded to this review, April 2, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to convey your comments regarding your recent stay at the Hilton Garden Inn Sacramento. I have shared your comments with my food & beverage team and apologize for your substandard experience. Please feel free to contact me directly before your next visit so that I can ensure you experience an oustanding stay. We truly value your business and hope to see you soon.
Albuquerque, New Mexico
Reviewed March 10, 2012

Stayed for one night on business. Pleasant staff checked me in, were helpful in placing me in a quiet room. I was disappointed at the lack of upgrade, given that I am Diamond and the hotel was only about 80% full. Not that big a deal ... because the regular rooms are spacious and well appointed. Recent furniture, well cleaned and HGI has a great breakfast.

The one con would be the thinness of the walls - you can hear neighbors. The pros are parking/location, good service, and the breakfast. Rooms are spacious for the chain.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled on business
2 Thank Danhedonia
New York City, New York
Reviewed March 1, 2012

My co-workers and I have stayed at the Hilton Garden Inn twice on business. The front staff was very nice, the rooms were clean, and breakfast is good.

It is a great deal for the price!

• Stayed February 2012, traveled on business
Redwood City, California, United States
Reviewed February 27, 2012

Got to the hotel and they said I was checked in already. Front desk was somewhat unfriendly until they realized they had signed someone else into the room. After sorting that out I get up to the room and there is urine stains on the toilet seat. Unfortunately I didn't have time to wait for housekeeping so I cleaned it myself. I am a Diamond member and long term Hilton loyalist. I like the HGI brand but this experience was not a good one.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank David T
Reviewed February 21, 2012

From a long day of flights and daily struggles, it's so nice to be met at the airport by a on time shuttle and a pleasant smile. The driver got me quickly back to the hotel where a nice friendly gentleman checked me in with again, a genuine smile and a little laughter. Did I mention the young lady who picked me up also brought my luggage in for me?! Let me just say this, I've traveled all over the world for my employer, and this is one of the few times I have actually been so pleased with my stay that I actually say down to write about it. I'm asp I didn't get any names to put into this review, since my memory isn't what it used to be, but I believe both the the young ma'am that checked me in and the young lady that picked me up at the airport were both of Asian descent?! Please, all of you good fellow travelers out there reading my review- when you do happen to receive great service like the shire girl or the check in desk clerk boy, DON'T FORGET TO TIP THEM OR AT THE VERY LEAST COMPLIMENT THEM!!! They are just human like us weary travelers and deserve to be given the same kindness and consideration as they give us.
I commend the Management for a job well done in successfully hiring GREAT employees! Whatever you are doing to keep these fine employees happy, keep up the good work!

• Stayed January 2012
1 Thank RTtravellinman
Grand Rapids, Michigan
Reviewed February 20, 2012

Nice property located near some good restaurants. Friendly staff, clean rooms. Just what you'd expect.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled on business