Hilton Garden Inn Sacramento/South Natomas
  • Room Service
$159
HolidayInn.com
$125
All reviewsfront deskbusiness parkquiet areabusiness tripsacramento airportsacramento areabreakfast buffetnice poolairport shuttlenext morningclose to downtownone night staywould stay here againfitness centercoffee makerclean roomsthe river
Reviewed September 22, 2011

We had a busy weekend in Sacramento and the Hilton Garden Inn brought no nasty surprises at all. Check in took seconds. The room was clean and quite. The bed was comfy and the shower worked fine -- with plenty of hot water. Our room was on the side away from the freeway and we couldn't hear a thing. Not sure about the other side.

Room Tip: We had a room upstairs on the side away from the freeway. It was quite, and close to parking.
  • Stayed: September 2011, traveled with friends
1  Thank Sonoraguy
Reviewed September 21, 2011

This hotel is a charming place! Very pretty rooms, very nice interiors. The territory is very clean.
Service is quick and good. The staff are polite and helpful. However, there is nothing that makes the hotel special. Something is missing.
I asked for a late check out and they granted it without aditional fees.

• Stayed: May 2011, traveled with family
2  Thank 526Kungfuman
Reviewed September 18, 2011

When one searches for hotels near airports one must be careful. This is the perfect place, about 9 miles from the airport. It is a Hilton so you can expect nice, very nice. The comfort bed system was a nice surprise as was the "pantry" where you can pick up incidentals and snacks. I went for the little cup of B&J's Cherry Garcia. We went for a lovely swim. Pool was clean and well maintained. I had a problem printing my boarding pass in the business center. Chris at the front desk took care of it. One nice note: if you are road weary ask for the menu for Good Friends Chinese delivery menu. Probably the best chinese food I have ever had eat in or take out. The desk can also provide other menus. We began the next morning with a made to order hot breakfast, omelets, bacon, fruit. Can't beat a Hilton

Room Tip: I always ask for a room in the most quiet area of the hotel.
  • Stayed: September 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank mwjack
Reviewed September 7, 2011

HGI has been my hotel brand of choice when travelling and while in the Sacramento area with some family, the HGI Sacramento/So. Natomas provided that consistency that I'm used to.

This location is tucked away off the Hwy. 99 in a quiet business park adjacent to a residential area. It's off the beaten path which can prove to be a nice haven after a long day.

The front desk check in process was quick and friendly, I'm sure it helps being a Hilton HHonors member! From the front desk is a view of their awesome pool, which looked so tempting on that hot Saturday afternoon. Unfortunately, we didn't have time to enjoy it but, it was certainly calling my name.

The room I was in was on the 3rd floor. The furnishings weren't brand spanking new but was contemporary and the room smelled and felt clean, which is what's most important. We were in a room with two beds which were way comfortable. As always, the free internet is always nice and having a refrigerator and a microwave, even if I didn't use the microwave! The bathroom was spacious and I liked how this location had an adjustable shower head if you wanted a spray or pulsating effect. I read the reviews about the noise from the freeway. I'm a light sleeper and I can honestly say I didn't notice any noise. The A/C was on the entire night, which maybe softened any outside noise but even then, the A/C was quiet, almost soothing!

During my visit, I went to the vending machine to get a bottle of water, not too bad as the vending machine only charged $0.75! I had $2 in my hand as that's usually the going rate at 99% of every hotel I go to! Unfortunately, the vending machine ate my dollar, gave me $0.25 and didn't dispense my water. I just shrugged it off, it was only three quarters. However, when I checked out the next morning, I mentioned it to them just so they can be sure the machine is checked. They were quite apologetic about it and offered me a bottle of water from their little shop. I thought that was nice gesture even if I didn't want a replacement bottle.

Overall, would I stay here again? I certainly would!!!

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled with family
2  Thank norcalnick
Reviewed September 6, 2011

As soon as we walked in we were greeted by name. He took a guess I think, anyway he was right it was us. It was a very quick check in. The room was clean, & they had a microwave and refrigerator that was a plus. The only negative thing = the beds, they were small I think a full not a queen. So, my husband and I could not sleep in the same bed. But other than that a good experience overall.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled with family