“Good value - Bad odor”

Extended Stay America - Sacramento - South Natomas
Ranked #73 of 82 Hotels in Sacramento
Reviewed April 28, 2014

The location was very good, about 15 minutes to Sacramento Airport and in a safe neighborhood right off the highway. The room was nice and included a small kitchenette with a sink, small stove, mini fridge and coffee maker. Nice bathroom. There weren't many cable tv channels and the reception was poor. Free parking and free Wi-Fi. My biggest complaint - As soon as I walked in the door I was overwhelmed with a very strong smell of smoke and mildew throughout the room. I immediately turned on the AC hoping it would help get rid of the smell. I was only there one night and was out late for a work function or I would have requested another room. The smell was in the comforter, sheets, pillow, all throughout the room. It was really bad. Everything else was nice and clean. I wasn't able to use my breakfast voucher as I had an early flight the next morning. The lobby wasn't open so I wasn't able to check out with anyone. I'm not sure if smoking is allowed in the rooms or not? If so, I definitely would not stay there again.

• Stayed: April 2014
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Sacramento - South Natomas, responded to this reviewResponded April 30, 2014

I appreciate you taking the time to write a review of our hotel. I'm glad that you enjoyed our location and your fully equipped kitchen during your visit. As well, it's great to hear that you enjoyed our free parking and free Wi-Fi. Still, I apologize that you were not pleased with our TV channel selection. As well, I am sorry that you experienced an unpleasant odor during your visit. I will be meeting with our housekeeping staff to review our cleaning standards and procedures to ensure your experience is not repeated. Thank you for choosing Extended Stay America. We hope to see you again, should your travels bring you back to our area.

Reviewed April 3, 2014

The staff was very friendly and the rooms had all the comforts of home. I would recommend my family and friends to stay here. I have a service animal that stays with me, I showed them the paperwork and they didn't have a problem renting me a room. Most hotels I've been to wouldn't accept my dog. I love the fact that they have a laundry mat so you can wash clothes and it's conveniently located by the interstate so it was easy to find. My fiancé and I wanted a mini vacation were it was quite and we could get our work done for school. Most hotels don't furnish their rooms that have a small kitchen with dishes. Excellent!!

• Stayed: April 2014
Reviewed March 12, 2014

If you book in this hotel you will love it, not bad stuff at all, well just the breakfast, just apple, banana, coffee, muffin and that is it, but the room itself baaaam is rock, with kitchen, big bath, living area and the bed supper comfortable the price is the best, 79 total for a night.

Room Tip: Bring your own food to the hotel, breakfast is not recommended at all. you have kitchen in the room...
  • Stayed: March 2014, traveled solo
1  Thank 1JRaul
Manager_11525, Manager at Extended Stay America - Sacramento - South Natomas, responded to this reviewResponded March 14, 2014

The staff and I really appreciate your kind remarks. We’re so pleased that you enjoyed our clean, spacious suites and fully equipped kitchen at a great value. Your feedback regarding our free grab-and-go breakfast will help us in our efforts to continually improve our hotels. Again, thank you for the comments. We look forward to hosting you again in the near future.

Reviewed February 27, 2014

Stuck me in a Queen size bed/room. Had reserved King Deluxe. Made a call to front desk. They were too busy to help (checking in others!), would call me "Right back". Never got that return call from front desk regarding their mistake. No credit for cheaper room. Too tired and 1/2 unpacked to deal with inept front desk. Stayed in room. No return to this hotel.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled on business
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Sacramento - South Natomas, responded to this reviewResponded March 3, 2014

I appreciate you taking the time to write a review of your experience with us. I am sorry to hear that you were placed in a queen bed after booking a king deluxe. As well, I apologize that our staff did not follow up with you regarding this issue. I will be sure to meet with our staff to ensure this is not repeated in the future. We hope we have the opportunity to provide you with a better experience the next time you’re in the area.

A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed February 23, 2014 via mobile

I arrived in a late flight and when I got to the hotel the lobby was closed. There is a phone to use to call night staff; no on answered after 5 minutes of ringing. I was alone in a strange place, not particularly well lit, and there were men walking through the parking lot - it did not feel safe. I went to my car, called extended stay America - they couldn't reach anyone at the hotel either. I ended up getting a room at the Hilton Garden Inn less than a mile away, where they greeted me with bottles of water and there was a very comfy bed. I will never book at an extended stay again.

Stayed: February 2014, traveled solo
2  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Sacramento - South Natomas, responded to this reviewResponded February 26, 2014

Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay. I apologize that no one was present when you arrived at our hotel. I will meet with our entire staff to review our customer service policies to make sure this does not happen again. Also, I will meet with our maintenance team to check our phone lines. Please accept our sincerest apologies. If you have any additional feedback, please reach out to me at snt@extendedstay.com.

Your comments will help us in our efforts to continually improve our hotel. We would love to have another chance to provide you with a better experience in the near future.

Reviewed February 1, 2014

Where do I start? My car was broken into the first night as have others noted as well. You would think after all the break ins they would install cameras! Nope. My room was just "renovated" and the bed was broken. My back hurt for days. The room smelled funny and the bed smelled bad. The night manager happened to see the people breaking in but did not even get a license plate from them nor did she notify me even though they take you vehicle information. The room had a new fridge that made an awful lod knocking sound when the motor shut offand woke me up. The toilet paper holder was installed improperly and would not hold the center rod because the ends were too far apart. Instead of fixing it, they just put the paper and rod out of reach. The room was just renovated! The front door I noticed upon returning was left open because the handle jams and stays in the open position from the outside. I noticed it upon returning. I though someone broke in. Very shady people in the parking lot barbecuing, drinking and I witnessed a DRUG deal! Do not ever stay here. Nothing good will come of it. Not worth the risk and safety issues. The other nearby hotels were pretty full and over twice the price. There is a reason why this hotel is so cheap. They are also doing work on the rooms in building 1 so those rooms are closed but yet there is still plenty of vacancies. There is a reason for all of this. I went down in the middle of the night after being woken by the fridge to switch rooms but nobody was in the office. I searched for almost a half hour.

• Stayed: January 2014
1  Thank Wabasha1111
Reviewed January 27, 2014

Upon check-in I was met by friendly staff, and given an excellent overview of the property and directions to my room. My room was in excellent shape, clean and inviting. I travel quite a bit for work and decided to stay at this hotel instead of getting an apartment in the area due to the excellent service, flexibility and value presented. They have just updated the rooms and have done an excellent job of making you feel as if you are in an upscale apartment instead of a hotel. Whenever I have had any maintenance issues they are resolved immediately and in a courteous fashion. I have been on this property for more than 2 years now and feel a real sense of community and safety. Everyone here knows me by name and continue to provide top notch professional courtesy and service. I highly recommend this hotel if you visit Sacramento. It is conveniently close to downtown, and a brief taxi ride to the airport. You are going to like the renovated rooms, excellent management, friendly staff and perfect location.

Room Tip: there are a few suites available at the hotel that are nicely suited for business or a family, you s...
  • Stayed: January 2014, traveled on business
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Sacramento - South Natomas, responded to this reviewResponded February 18, 2014

The staff and I read your review, and would like to thank you for writing such wonderful things about our hotel. We are so thrilled to hear that we were able to provide you with a "home away from home". We truly enjoyed having you stay with us and we look forward to you doing so again in the future!